GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#1138032 - 01/10/18 11:01 AM Re: WildStar [Re: GuybrushThreepwood]
GuybrushThreepwood Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Lincoln, NE
June 3, 2014 released as a subscription game
September 29, 2015 goes free to play
January 8, 2018 I create a Chua Engineer Scientist, take it from starter world, play a little of next planet
January 9, 2018 I create male Aurin Stalker Soldier, take it from starter world, play a little of next planet

Chua are intelligent rodents. Chua males and females are indistinguishable to none Chua. Male or female choice does nothing.
Aurin have tales and ears can range from tiny to large rabbit like ears, to ears that look like antlers. Chua are part of The Dominion (ie the Empire) and Aurin, the Exiles (ie the Republic). Free to play gets you 2 character slots.

Seems like its been made easier, too easy actually. My engineer was easily able to solo what was supposed to require a group with out taking any real damage until near the end.

I believe I'm spoiled by Star Wars: The Old Republic. Wildstar can be fun to play but it has little story. Most of the dialogue is in text. I don't think I heard either of my characters actually speak once.

I saw a couple of other player characters running around the starter worlds. No one would talk to me in chat when I tried to ask questions. So unfriendly as ever. SWTOR chat is often full of politics (mostly leftist nonsense) but you can actually get an answer to a question on occasion.

Strange the NCSoft web page (you use NCSoft account) doesn't mention either Guild Wars anymore even though they published both along with Wildstar. Different developers though. SWTOR is totally different people.

Anyway I guess back to SWTOR. Even though I know every story, they at least exist.

Edited by GuybrushThreepwood (01/10/18 11:14 PM)
Darkside: The Witcher

#1150721 - 05/11/18 07:10 PM Re: WildStar [Re: GuybrushThreepwood]
Addicted Boomer

Despite my previous post, I got bored with SWTOR, and started playing Wildstar.

My characters (just a jpg)

Its pure coincidence that I made them from shortest to tallest. Wasn't planned.

Chua know which gender they are and what gender any other Chua they meet is but they don't care to tell other races. If the other races are so stupid they don't know male or female when they see it that's their problem.

Updated to include 2 female characters.

All but last two characters are wearing The Highwayman armor, which I got for being a beta tester. The aurin and the human left their's black. The rest dyed theirs.

Chua are short, intelligent and insane, nature is for testing their scientific theories on, everyone is dumber than they are

Aurin are tree hungers, opposite in temperament of the Chua, they believe in a natural balance which includes natural death

Humans are same race as the Cassian but the humans are rebels

Draken are the Dominion's shock troops, the live for war (similar to the Exile's Granok)

Mordesh suffer from a disease that causes their bodies to decay and drives them mad (don't ever call them "space zombies"), they use technology to keep themselves alive

Mechari are androids, created by the Eldan to insure the Cassian rule the Dominion as they wish it run

Each race has its counter on the other side:
Chua vs Aurin (despise each other)
Cassian vs Human (despise each other)
Draken vs Granok (respect each other as warriors, each prefers to test themselves against the other)
Mechari vs Mordesh (Mechari hate every Exile but especially the Mordesh for bringing a contagious disease to their maker's sacred homeworld of Nexus, Mordesh do not return the hatred but actually have a grudging respect for the Mechari's technology)

I thought it was funny to make the nature loving Aurin be what is basically an assassin class and set him on the solder path. Then make the warrior draken love science and studying nature.

Free to Play players only get 2 slots but you can earn omnibits and unlock more characters. However they max out and then it takes a week for them to start dropping again. So it will be awhile before I can add a Granok or Cassian.

Most of the time player characters are silent. But if you type /laugh into chat window your character will audibly laugh, unless its a mechari. They go through the motions but make no sound. Mechari are not programed with a sense of humor.

Edited by GuybrushThreepwood (05/14/18 01:08 PM)
Edit Reason: added 2 new characters

#1151049 - 05/14/18 01:09 PM Re: WildStar [Re: GuybrushThreepwood]
Addicted Boomer

Added 2 new characters if you looked at the jpg in previous post, look at it again.

#1151524 - 05/19/18 07:01 PM Re: WildStar [Re: GuybrushThreepwood]
Addicted Boomer

Well this sucks there are no Mordesh or Mechari specific houses. If you want a house for them you have to pick from one of the other races. And Mechari don't get voices when you use /laugh. Seems they gave up on Mordesh and Mechari.

Wildstar starter houses

Edited by GuybrushThreepwood (05/19/18 09:03 PM)

#1151772 - Yesterday at 04:05 PM Re: WildStar [Re: GuybrushThreepwood]
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Alabama
I like the one on the bottom left....

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  looney4labs, Trail_Mystic 

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
4 registered (aretha, Sassy, curly, bermag45), 173 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Newest Members
bru, nami, terynb, Gamewalker, plvision
9004 Registered Users