GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Discworld II - Mortality Bytes #87241
04/26/01 09:48 PM
04/26/01 09:48 PM
Body in California/Heart in Ha...
syd Offline OP
Adept Boomer
syd  Offline OP
Adept Boomer

Body in California/Heart in Ha...
Discworld II: Mortality Bytes

Perfect Entertainment scored again in 1996 with the second installment of Discworld - only this time Death has gone missing....

Yes, our intrepid not-so-swift apprentice wizard is back and he's bigger and better than ever. As the game opens we find Rincewind strolling, okay so he was slightly leaning, okay, okay the man couldn't walk a straight line if the fate of the Discworld depended on it, with one very big, also staggering, orangutan (I can only assume they had been drinking banana daiquiris) when what does our Rincewind spy? A bomb rigged donkey cart parked in the donkey cart park. Of course being the hero that he is, Rincewind decides to diffuse it. Rule #1 - NEVER try to diffuse a bomb when you're bombed yourself and Rule #2 - NEVER ask an orangutan for color advice. Needless to say Rincewind winds up blowing up said donkey cart and unfortunately also blow Death off his horse (Death was galloping to pick up the remains of one Rincewind should there be a need). Well, Death decides after that to take a vacation.

Now this is not a good thing because there is no jr. Death. Which means there was no one to take the poor unfortunates who have passed away to their just rewards so they are just hanging around so to speak. It's getting pretty crowded with all the undead souls running around getting in everyone's way. The Archchancellor is finally made aware of the problem when the Wizard Wendell Poons of the Unseen University passes on - or should I say - doesn't pass on due to Death's absence. He therefore calls upon the mighty wizard Rincewind to gather the ingredients so they can perform the ceremony that will summon Death back. Hence begins Rincewind and his loyal luggage's next adventure - to track down Death and convince him to return to the job.

As with Discworld, the game is broken out into four acts and you don't go on to the next act until you have completed the one before, but you can visit any location that is labeled on the map by a mere click of the mouse. The puzzles as in the first game run the gambit from semi-logical to rather obscure. But I think in the second one the puzzles were a tad easier.

Game installs in W95/98 and is mouse controlled.

A great game IMHO and almost as hard to find as the first one I am sorry to say.

Dark Side : Risen
Light Side:

I can only please one person a day. Today isn't your day. Tomorrow's not looking good either.
Re: Discworld II - Mortality Bytes #87242
04/26/01 10:02 PM
04/26/01 10:02 PM
gatorlaw Offline
Adept Boomer
gatorlaw  Offline
Adept Boomer

Great review Syd.

I just recently played this and loved every minute of it. Death was sooo cool.

Laura

Re: Discworld II - Mortality Bytes #87243
05/02/01 08:58 AM
05/02/01 08:58 AM
Central Texas
Debra Offline
Addicted Boomer
Debra  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Central Texas
Syd- Neat review of one of my favorite games!
I laughed at Rincewind and his British humor
all the way through. I think it helps to be
a great fan of the Discworld series by Terry
Pratchett, too, when you play it.
I had to use the WT a lot with this one as
some (lots for me) of the puzzles were obtuse. Hint for those playing put any item
in your inventory together with anything else
and try it on everything.
It is really hard to find and expensive when
you do. I got mine on eBay for an exorbitant
price, but I'm glad to have the copy.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (mabeco), 500 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users