GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.
GB Reviews Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games GB Annual Game Lists GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

GB @ witter

About Us
Walkthroughs free games galore Independent Games World of Adventure Patches Game Publishers & Developers GameBoomers Store
Big Fish Games Homepage
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#224372 - 10/30/07 04:55 PM Dreamfall
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Alabama
Well, I finally got around to playing TLJ and the Dreamfall, and I all can say is bravo bravo bravo

I am blown away!

#224400 - 10/30/07 05:36 PM Re: Dreamfall [Re: looney4labs]
BrownEyedTigre Online   happy
The Sassy Global Moderator PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

Loc: In the Naughty Corner
I enjoyed TLJ even though I got bored a few times with the dialogue. I wish I could get past the first 5 minutes in Dreamfall. lol I'm glad you enjoyed them both. yay

Ana wave

#224420 - 10/30/07 06:07 PM Re: Dreamfall [Re: BrownEyedTigre]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Ana, it took me a while to really get into Dreamfall. I had to get "past" the interface, but once I did that, I was captivated wave

#224435 - 10/30/07 06:21 PM Re: Dreamfall [Re: looney4labs]
texaslady Offline
The Mischievous Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Texas
Get someone to play the beginning of the game for you Ana. It was a good game to play and I did enjoy it.....even the action parts!

Sue

#224751 - 10/31/07 10:11 AM Re: Dreamfall [Re: texaslady]
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: Rockford, Illinois
The first part of Dreamfall with Zoe was a dream, the rest was a nightmare. 'Nuff said! Well, I do want to add that was only my take on the game.

#224772 - 10/31/07 10:31 AM Re: Dreamfall [Re: sierramindy]
-=sinotek=- Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Israel
Dreamfall had only 1 good thing and it was it's story line. The rest was horrible. They should stick to point'n click. the combat system was hardly even a system. This game didn't even required a combat system.
Why game developers don't get it! Why fix something that isn't broken? sigh...

Edited by -=sinotek=- (10/31/07 10:32 AM)

#224775 - 10/31/07 10:36 AM Re: Dreamfall [Re: -=sinotek=-]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
There's always a tension between innovation and the tried-and-true.

I don't like combat, personally. But I thought it was important in this game to play a combat sequence as April so that you could see what she had become as a result of war, the pressures of leadership, and the sense that she could never return home.

#224777 - 10/31/07 10:37 AM Re: Dreamfall [Re: -=sinotek=-]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Sierramindy, I had a hard time getting used to the interface, but once I did that and figured out how to get past the challenge in the underground, I loved it. I even loved the sneaking--it sure got my attention and got my heart beating.

Sinotek, did you not enjoy the graphics? I simply adored the Dark Peolple's city. I would live there if I could.

I was really into the game--I couldn't sleep last night because
Click to reveal..
I kept trying to answer some of the questions the ending raised for me.

That's what makes gaming so fun---we all have such differing tastes :witch:

#224870 - 10/31/07 12:46 PM Re: Dreamfall [Re: looney4labs]
Renee Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Northern California
Yes, I agree L4L - Dark People's city was so cool! My favorite place was April's home in Casablanca...(wish I lived there) wink

I really lost myself in that game - it was great. I had to get used to the controls, but it wasn't that difficult - and the combat was easy enough to get by (thank goodness!) :witch: wave

Edit: Oops - I mean't Zoe's home in Casablanca (I get those 2 mixed up)

Edited by Renee (10/31/07 12:47 PM)
Edit Reason: Wrong character

#224911 - 10/31/07 02:23 PM Re: Dreamfall [Re: looney4labs]
Jess519 Offline
Settled Boomer

Loc: Chicago
Originally Posted By: looney4labs
I had a hard time getting used to the interface, but once I did that and figured out how to get past the challenge in the underground, I loved it.

I agree with you, looney4labs. Once I got used to the controls & got them set to a way that worked for me, I enjoyed the game a lot. I'm glad that you enjoyed the game too! smile It certainly was a beautiful game just like TLJ. And you're right too about the story leaving you a lot to think about. I probably will have to play it again sometime just to get all the details I missed.

I didn't mind the combat at all, though I've played some action/combat games too, and I can see how people that are strictly adventure gamers wouldn't be able to get past that.

smile

------

#224921 - 10/31/07 02:43 PM Re: Dreamfall [Re: Jess519]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Renee--that's too funny because I read it and didn't catch it. I knew what you meant.

Jess, I too have played a few RPG's on consoles and one on the PC so I could do the combat though I didn't like it. I didn't mind the sneaking though.

It's one of the few games that I really would like to play over again. If I weren't otherwise busy, I would have started a new game as soon as I finished the first, partly because I had a month long playing break in the middle of the game and I'm wondering what I forgot lol

#224964 - 10/31/07 04:22 PM Re: Dreamfall [Re: looney4labs]
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer

Loc: london uk
Hi looney4labs, The Longest Journey & Dreamfall are two of my favourite games - I'm really glad that you got a chance to play them. I thought the controls were awkward for Dreamfall but as I was used to playing things on consol I bought a gamepad & found it more comfortable to use. Please Ana - persevere with Dreamfall - it is such an engaging story - well worth the trouble! smile

#224977 - 10/31/07 04:39 PM Re: Dreamfall [Re: chrissie]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Chrissie, I think part of my problem is I couldn't make up my mind what to use. I tried a little of this, a little of that, and a bit of the other until I finally decided how I wanted the game configured and stuck with it. lol

#225058 - 10/31/07 07:35 PM Re: Dreamfall [Re: looney4labs]
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Loc: Stony Brook, New York, USA
This game had so much going for it, won so many awards, and seemed to have everything that would attract gamers from other genres as well as adventure gamers. Why didn't it literally "fly" off of store shelves? Why wasn't it a remarkable best seller?

#225070 - 10/31/07 07:53 PM Re: Dreamfall [Re: Becky]
looney4labs Offline
GB Reviewer Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Becky, I don't think it would necessarily attract gamers from other genres. The fighting and sneaking was not nearly intense enough or often enough for most fans of that type of game (thinking of my sons here), and there was a lot of dialogue. I loved it for that reason. I almost felt like I was watching an interactive movie.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
Key: Admin Global Mod Mod Staff  )
13 registered (kjos, PeteS, Kickaha, judith, curly, seoirse, Rushes, colpet, BrownEyedTigre, 1 invisible), 101 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Newest Members
Jerrnej, greacia, Jason_Encore, DeanandKate, RisinGoat
8505 Registered Users