GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Off the Record: The Final Interview Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish #1035734
10/10/15 10:09 AM
10/10/15 10:09 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline OP
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Today's game for Club Members, tomorrow's game for all.

You can download Off the Record: The Final Interview Collector's Edition here.

Quote:
Eipix Entertainment proudly presents the final installment of the exciting Off the Record series!

When a renowned English horse breeder is stricken with a sudden and life-threatening heart attack, all fingers are pointed at you as the attempted murderer. You were the last to speak to him before he fell ill, and his death could be a huge boost for your journalism career. The trouble is… you can’t remember meeting the man or even coming to that town – a car accident has wiped part of your memory! Retrace your steps, from the time you set off to write the story of a lifetime to the fateful day you lost your memory. It’s a race against time to clear your name in this pulse-pounding Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game!

Uncover a new conspiracy at the Reedley estate in the bonus game!
Play extra puzzles and hidden-object scenes
Find collectibles and souvenirs throughout the game
Enjoy bonus content, including videos, music, and art
Try the integrated Strategy Guide

As always, please remember to come back and tell us what you think.

Happy gaming! wave

Re: Off the Record: The Final Interview Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1035741
10/10/15 11:00 AM
10/10/15 11:00 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Thanks, Marian.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Off the Record: The Final Interview Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1035771
10/10/15 04:57 PM
10/10/15 04:57 PM
deep south
8dognight Offline
Settled Boomer
8dognight  Offline
Settled Boomer

deep south
So far this is a pretty good game. I am hedging what I say because what tends to happen is that games go down hill after a certain point, so I should say that based on the demo and a few minutes of the game thereafter, this is good. I have decided to come back to the game in a few days because I am deliciously stuck on a worthy puzzle, the most difficult (barring puzzles requiring quick reflexes which I am usually forced to skip) I have encountered in a casual game. In fact, it's so difficult that I keep thinking I am missing something obvious. It wouldn't be the first time.

Last edited by 8dognight; 10/10/15 04:57 PM.
Re: Off the Record: The Final Interview Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish [Re: 8dognight] #1035777
10/10/15 05:13 PM
10/10/15 05:13 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline OP
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Good luck on the puzzle, and I hope the rest of the game remains good. wave

Re: Off the Record: The Final Interview Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1035806
10/10/15 10:40 PM
10/10/15 10:40 PM
Michigan, USA
ramona Offline
Addicted Boomer
ramona  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Michigan, USA
I just bought this one since CEs are on sale. I've played 2 previous games in the series and I really enjoy the non-paranormal mysteries.

Re: Off the Record: The Final Interview Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish [Re: ramona] #1035815
10/10/15 11:47 PM
10/10/15 11:47 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline OP
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Originally Posted By: ramona
I just bought this one since CEs are on sale. I've played 2 previous games in the series and I really enjoy the non-paranormal mysteries.

Have fun. smile

Re: Off the Record: The Final Interview Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1035826
10/11/15 05:14 AM
10/11/15 05:14 AM
Marlborough USA
Kaki's Sister Offline
Sonic Boomer
Kaki's Sister  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Marlborough USA
Thanks Marian. It looks good. wave

Gerry
Re: Off the Record: The Final Interview Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1035908
10/11/15 07:10 PM
10/11/15 07:10 PM
NYC, USA
smitty145 Offline
Addicted Boomer
smitty145  Offline
Addicted Boomer

NYC, USA
Thank you, Marian. smile

This is a buy for me! Great series!

Gotta' be crazy, to keep from going insane crazy
Re: Off the Record: The Final Interview Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish [Re: smitty145] #1035909
10/11/15 07:16 PM
10/11/15 07:16 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline OP
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline OP
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Lots of people seem to like this one - I hope you enjoy it. smile

Re: Off the Record: The Final Interview Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1035996
10/12/15 10:10 AM
10/12/15 10:10 AM
deep south
8dognight Offline
Settled Boomer
8dognight  Offline
Settled Boomer

deep south
There is a second interesting puzzle, not as good as adventure game fare but a cut above most casual sliders conceptually. However, the game has deteriorated in terms of sense well beyond my normal tolerance. For beautiful graphics crisply rendered I will happily sacrifice coherence. Such graphics are not present. I am continuing to play only because the subject matter and setting conjure both Dick Francis and Miss Marple. Also I am wondering why the story and object hunting are so banal. The game misses out on the great visual and narrative possibilities that horse racing, a breeding farm, an English village, and a stately home present.

Note: 30 seconds of Google would have pulled up the information that the Jockey Club in the U.K. did not use the electric starting gate until the mid-1960s. If this game itself were better, I wouldn't have cared about the facts enough to check. I did so because all that wasted potential makes me sad enough to push for better products. I also realize that production schedules for casual games must make old time, low budget Hollywood schedules look relaxed in comparison. Nonetheless, casual games do seem to be evolving. As I look forward to entertaining myself in my dotage, I want a vast library of coherent immersive games.

Last edited by BrownEyedTigre; 10/13/15 09:45 AM. Reason: combined stacked posts
Re: Off the Record: The Final Interview Collector's Edition - New IHOG on Big Fish [Re: Marian] #1037751
10/24/15 10:28 AM
10/24/15 10:28 AM
deep south
8dognight Offline
Settled Boomer
8dognight  Offline
Settled Boomer

deep south
I have two questions. First, who on a development staff/team makes the call on which objects to find? I mean, who decides if a key from the hardware store or Renaissance niello buckle with removable key is required within a particular game? Or if a latch is to be coaxed open by a modern ruler or ancient bronze ferrule with mini-javelin?

I want to compliment the person in Final Interview who decided that so simple an object as a hoof pick was the appropriate item to find and use in a stable. Developers, please, promote that person. In both HOPA and adventure games, attention to the choice of setting in general (lots of unrealized potential in Final Interview) and objects within that setting are important in distinguishing a particular game from the jumble of games available, piled like a poorly thought out HOG scene in consciousness of potential buyers. That hoof pick told me that someone was paying attention. I was grateful.

Second, who decides on thematic puzzle integration? On the puzzles themselves? In addition to the two puzzles in Final Interview that kept my poor old mind busy (one of these was a 5x5 slider lock, I'm just not as quick with sliders as I used to be), there was a simple steeplechase puzzle--the kind a grandmother might want to play with grandchildren--which offered several minutes of well integrated with theme and setting play as different fences and hurdles had to be set so the horses all arrived at the finish line at once, oddly appropriate for the crooked racing theme. The person who came up with that deserves praise as well.

(BrownEyedTigre, if this is stacking, I apologize.)

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (LadyKestrel), 493 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users