GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Sims #1036815
10/18/15 01:21 PM
10/18/15 01:21 PM
Delaware
Tracy Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Tracy  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Delaware
Hi everyone. I was just fooling around on Buzzfeed.com, and they had a bunch of funny posts about the Sims games. I've never played any of them before, but now I'm intrigued and would like to give them a try. There are so many though, I don't know where to begin, so I thought I'd post and see if anyone has played them and which ones are good, etc.

PS I'd be using the PC versions, btw.

Thanks so much!
Tracy

“It is never too late to be what you might have been.”
― George Eliot
Re: Sims [Re: Tracy] #1036820
10/18/15 01:54 PM
10/18/15 01:54 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
I believe we have some Sims players here who can provide some info. There are so many games; it's like a whole new world. There is even a Sims Medieval along with an expansion pack. wave

Re: Sims [Re: Tracy] #1036827
10/18/15 02:58 PM
10/18/15 02:58 PM
Delaware
Tracy Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Tracy  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Delaware
Great! I'll be looking forward to more info, and btw, I love anything Medieval, so that will definitely be one I get! smile

Thanks Marian,
Tracy

― George Eliot
Re: Sims [Re: Tracy] #1036879
10/18/15 11:09 PM
10/18/15 11:09 PM
Khi-Asia
hugh Offline
Settled Boomer
hugh  Offline
Settled Boomer

Khi-Asia
For me, it's hard to choose. I haven't played The Sims 4 though. I loved the original & loved The Sims 2 even more, specially the expansion packs, 'Open for Business' & 'Pets'. It took me time to get used to the new things in, 'The Sims 3' but then I got addicted to it just as much. The Sims 3 introduced open world which is absent in, 'The Sims 4' For e.g. every time a Sim wants to go out, there would be a loading screen. And the cars you see outside are just decoration. Hopefully it's better as a life simulator than other games. Off course these are just the main games I'm talking about other than the two expansion packs I mentioned. Each base game has many interesting expansion packs.

Sims Medieval was 7/10 for me. It has a big map and no ride in the base game so walking/running outside was tedious for me. I don't know much about its expansion pack.

Last edited by hugh; 10/18/15 11:14 PM.
Re: Sims [Re: Tracy] #1036884
10/19/15 12:40 AM
10/19/15 12:40 AM
oldmariner Offline
Addicted Boomer
oldmariner  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Tracy

It may be worth your while to check out a Sims modding site. There are literally hundreds of tutorials there teaching you how to accomplish many things especially when it comes to building houses etc. It will also give you an idea of what to expect in the different base games and what each game's expansion packs do. For instance in Sims two I believe it was the open for business expansion pack that allowed your sims to drive cars. However there is a mod file that allows you to drive cars no matter what if any expansion packs you have. the addy is modthesims but it is dot info instead of dot com. Sims two does not let you attach a garage to house if you use a foundation. However a tutorial there explains how you can do that. That is just one example. Sims three made some big changes over two for instance you could go to another sims house by walking over to it. In two you had to be invited. Be aware anything built in one version is not compatible to other base game versions. The game is addictive but can be fun and for the most part it is kid safe.

Re: Sims [Re: Tracy] #1037335
10/21/15 09:00 PM
10/21/15 09:00 PM
Delaware
Tracy Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Tracy  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Delaware
Thanks so much for the great info you guys. I'm looking forward to getting into these games and checking out all of the goodies you can get for them. I had no idea that there were mods for sims games, btw. Sounds really neat. I'm eager to get started now and I think I'll head for eBay and dig in. ; )

Tracy

― George Eliot
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Trail_Mystic 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (oldbroad), 277 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users