GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
URU #103822
07/22/04 11:27 AM
07/22/04 11:27 AM
Texas
texaslady Offline OP
The Mischievous Moderator
texaslady  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

Texas
I could really use some help. I'm in Eder Gira in the area with the strange plants. I'm on top of the tunnel trying to jump to a rock and then on to a ledge. I've tried all morning to make this jump(to the rock) and I just can't. Have read the walkthrough but it isn't helping. Will someone please take pity on me and tell me what to do. Jumping around is not something I do well. Thanks

Yesterday is but today's memory, tomorrow is today's dream.
Kahlil Gibran
Re: URU #103823
07/22/04 12:09 PM
07/22/04 12:09 PM
England
shaolinphil Offline
Settled Boomer
shaolinphil  Offline
Settled Boomer

England
That's the most difficult bit to do in the whole of URU. I thought so anyway!! YOu have to jump at the very very edge. try to make your avatar run that little bit extra over the edge then you normally would, so he almost falls. THAT is the point from which to launch him onto the rock. It took me many many tries. But persevere and you shall get there.

There may be an easier way. Anyone? I would like to know too as I may replay it one day.

Re: URU #103824
07/22/04 01:57 PM
07/22/04 01:57 PM
Missouri
Rae Offline
Addicted Boomer
Rae  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Missouri
It is very difficult. If you can't make it, you can still progress with the game. It's only a page for your Relto...not something you need to keep going. If you're not obsessed with furnishing your Relto...give it up and go back later. You can always link to Eder again.

I found it easiest to go up on the far right side of the tunnel facing the rock. Run and jump at the whiter part of the rock, and then WALK and jump to the top. You can't stop moving but let go of the shift button (turn off Caps Lock if it's on) so you are walking before you try to jump to the top of the rock. Once you're on top of the rock and stable...turn slowly until you're facing between the funny plants before you run and jump. Hope this helps!

Oh, and if you didn't know, you can take some fireflies into Relto with you! It sure looks pretty! smile

GOOD LUCK! laugh

Rae

Lemme 'splain...no, is too much. Lemme sum up.
Re: URU #103826
07/22/04 11:34 PM
07/22/04 11:34 PM
Oregon
Rice burner Offline
Addicted Boomer
Rice burner  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Oregon
As Rae said Texaslady, you don't have to get the Relto page to continue the game. A lot of people have had trouble with that jump so unless you feel that you just have to do it, I would just go on and enjoy the rest of the game.
Kay

Its one of those doors that needs a thingy thing.
Re: URU #103827
07/23/04 05:58 AM
07/23/04 05:58 AM
England
shaolinphil Offline
Settled Boomer
shaolinphil  Offline
Settled Boomer

England
RAE said it very well, Texaslady. It must have been a fluke when I made it, I remember running whilst concentrating at the screen (my avatar was running that is) and my Character did a perfect flip onto the rock. Or did I dream that?

Nevertheless, I finished Path Of The Shell yesterday and would have liked the Relto pages to have opened a secret room on the relto or something once you have collected them all. All it does it make it look pretty which is not much use if you have finished the game and are bored with wandering around (which you might well be by the end) Also, It would be good if they made a patch for URU to work on LANS for network games. Still quite possible?

Re: URU #103828
07/23/04 08:43 AM
07/23/04 08:43 AM
Texas
texaslady Offline OP
texaslady  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

Texas
I've never done a game where you have to jump so many things before so I'm viewing this as a learning experience (frustrating too). I've been playing with the fireflies and loving them.
Is Path of the Shell another one with lots of jumping? Shaolinphil and Rice burner, thanks for the help and encouragement. Sue

Kahlil Gibran
Re: URU #103829
07/23/04 03:09 PM
07/23/04 03:09 PM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Stony Brook, New York, USA
Path of the Shell does have some jumping, but none of it (so far) is as difficult as some of the jumping in Uru Prime.

Re: URU #103830
07/23/04 06:32 PM
07/23/04 06:32 PM
Texas
texaslady Offline OP
texaslady  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

Texas
This probably is the wrong place to post this but I'm new and ignorant. Shaolinphil and Rae, thanks for the help and encouragement. I finally made that horrible jump and FINISHED the game. I'm so proud of myself! Hardest game I've ever played but was tooooooooooo stubborn to give up. Loved the ending. Becky, will probably try Path but may need a new bottle of gin before I try it. Sue

Kahlil Gibran
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Lex, curly), 396 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users