GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
catching the uru sun #104815
08/31/04 10:50 AM
08/31/04 10:50 AM
va
diver Offline OP
Settled Boomer
diver  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

va
another uru question - does the sun have to stay in the telescope finder all the time ??? it sounds as if the power comes on and then goes off when the sun leaves the finder - thanks u guys

Re: catching the uru sun #104816
08/31/04 11:02 AM
08/31/04 11:02 AM
Orlando
rain2 Offline
Settled Boomer
rain2  Offline
Settled Boomer

Orlando
*spoiler* I'm assuming this is towards the beginning of the game. If it is, then yes, you just have to adjust the telescope to the right speed and height. Once you get to stay in there, you never have to worry about it again. =)

Currently Playing:
Star Ocean: TTEOT
Tales of Symphonia
About to Play:
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Just Finished:
Myst IV
Re: catching the uru sun #104817
08/31/04 12:48 PM
08/31/04 12:48 PM
Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Rain is right, Diver--once you have successfully captured the sun, the power stays on. The trick is to really capture it--when the sun is in the middle of the circle, you have to follow its track along until the game takes over and moves it automatically. If you don't follow the track of the sun, the power will come on very briefly and then go back off again...

"Once you give up integrity, the rest is easy." Anonymous
Re: catching the uru sun #104821
09/01/04 01:14 AM
09/01/04 01:14 AM
SNOHOMISH, WA
maryc64 Offline
Settled Boomer
maryc64  Offline
Settled Boomer

SNOHOMISH, WA
Hmmm... This age is known to be glitchy in UL and in UU. Can't remember the single CD version if such happened. If you hear power sound and see the huge "screws" turning, don't touch a thing!

Otherwise, if power does stop and you see that sound has stopped and those screws not turning, much research has to be done to work on this.
*spoiler...sort of...*
Also, if you get the "forever," "merry-go-round" bucket ride, some suggest clicking mouse right at drop off point. One person has gone around 38 times. Others posted, who would sit there and count? Most fun thread. Don't link out. You might lose the Teledahn power. Wait it out or try clicking mouse or hitting space bar (that worked for me once) in order to get dumped.

Revisiting the age sometimes refreshes it or can destroy it. Make progress in the age as far as you can. I think that game progress and touching journey cloths sort of captures that point in the game as accomplished. So run to the journey cloths.

*spoiler...sort of, again...*
Save the link book which you will discover for later. Hit a few more journey cloths first. You can always go back and get it. In otherwords, make more Teledahn game progress before "establishing" and using that linking page/book.

Ubi, GOG, and other forums are good to check on those glitches.
That darned scope and sun! I can catch it, hear the sound of the age powering up, pull all levers, run to bucket, miss bucket and power goes off. Hopefully single cd is fine!

Can't remember stability of single cd version...lost those brain cells due to replacement of UU glitches..they just filled in the same brain "gaps." Brain is confoosed.

This is one game that is not to be missed by any adventure gamer! I think if one plays this, even with the two net walkthroughs, one should receive college credit! Tee hee!

(I tried to do a search on how to post a "spoiler" here and nothing turned up as to how to do those. So I followed the other person's style above.)

maryc64
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (oldbroad), 546 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users