GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
DA Inquisition #1104274
03/17/17 07:04 PM
03/17/17 07:04 PM
Longueuil Qc
J
Jacline Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Jacline  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
J

Longueuil Qc
I felt like playing that game again: it was still on my pc. It will not start. Origin opens, I see the game appears for 1 second in the Origin page (why there?) but that's it. The Inquisition icon appears for half a second on the taskbar and disappears. All my other games in Origin start normally ouside the Origin page. But not Inquisition. What is happening here, I wonder? I was asked to update Origin the first time it appeared (I had not done that in a long time) so I agreed to the update. After that, no more Inquisition. I am very frustrated. Hope somebody can help.

Re: DA Inquisition [Re: Jacline] #1104300
03/17/17 10:03 PM
03/17/17 10:03 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA

According to a recent post in EA forums ***here*** Avast antivirus might block it from starting.
Originally Posted By: Metalbunny
with Avast acquiring AVG and the result taking effect with the 17 March 2017 update, Avast now has all the same problems AVG had when it came to running games. In effect: Avast will block Windows from properly accessing the registry (which causes random login and permission errors), and will make games fail to load due to timeouts and locked out files.

In short: The Origin Games folder needs to be excluded in Avast in order to play any games on Origin. It's quite frankly ridiculous, but hopefully with time they'll figure out how to make a program that protects you instead of preventing you from using the computer.

Re: DA Inquisition [Re: Jacline] #1104309
03/17/17 10:59 PM
03/17/17 10:59 PM
Longueuil Qc
J
Jacline Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Jacline  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
J

Longueuil Qc
Thanks Jenny100 That's must be my problem. Avast has been acting weird since the program was last updated. But why this game and not my other Origin Games?
I just did the exclusion you wrote about and the game started!!! I will think seriously about getting another antivirus. I used to like the way Avast worked but it is getting too "bizarre" at each program update! Thank you again

Re: DA Inquisition [Re: Jacline] #1104366
03/18/17 11:34 AM
03/18/17 11:34 AM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA

Glad you got it figured out.
I don't know why it only happened with this game and not your other Origin games. Apparently only "some" Origin games are affected.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Draclvr, oldbroad), 267 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users