GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Anyone Familiar With Quest for Luke? #1142544
02/22/18 04:58 AM
02/22/18 04:58 AM
P
philthethrill10 Offline OP
Shy Boomer
philthethrill10  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
P

Is anyone familiar with the game Quest for Luke? I think I heard about it on this website or adventuregamers.com. https://youtu.be/O-ww2QieAmQ

Re: Anyone Familiar With Quest for Luke? [Re: philthethrill10] #1142560
02/22/18 09:35 AM
02/22/18 09:35 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
What would you like to know?

We announced it Here and updated here.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Anyone Familiar With Quest for Luke? [Re: philthethrill10] #1142644
02/23/18 03:20 AM
02/23/18 03:20 AM
P
Shy Boomer
Shy Boomer
P

Any idea on when it will be released? What can you tell me about the plot? Is the game being made by a group of friends?

Re: Anyone Familiar With Quest for Luke? [Re: philthethrill10] #1142670
02/23/18 10:52 AM
02/23/18 10:52 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
I'm friends with the developer so let me shoot him a line and have him pop in to answer any questions. Stay tuned....

Ryan will pop in later today to answer you Phil!

Last edited by BrownEyedTigre; 02/23/18 11:52 AM.

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Anyone Familiar With Quest for Luke? [Re: philthethrill10] #1142696
02/23/18 07:29 PM
02/23/18 07:29 PM
P
Shy Boomer
Shy Boomer
P

Thanks BrownEyedTigre. I appreciate it.

"The Quest for Luke" and the Adventure Game Genre #1142739
02/24/18 04:58 AM
02/24/18 04:58 AM
C
Cody_Senn Offline
Junior Boomer
Cody_Senn  Offline
Junior Boomer
C

http://i.vimeocdn.com/video/621554242_1280x720.jpg

Hey, my name is Ryan! I’m the founder and creative mind behind Adventuresome Studios, the studio producing “The Quest for Luke.”

smile

This is cool for me to finally join in not only some discussions, but in being part of the connective tissue that makes up this community.  There remains an exciting and viable market here with the potential to blast people’s awareness into a fully-realized revival of the adventure genre.  It’s going to take open-mindedness and patience (and very vocal impatience haha), but we will get there.

Having our hearts broken back in the late 90s, then our hopes raised in recent years, then shattered (at least that was my experience) are powerful factors in igniting the fire necessary to move us forward.  Struggle makes you determined and smart. Adventure gamers haven’t merely struggled, they’ve suffered in some way in having their favorite genre stifled into a decades-long potential.

There’s something inherently valuable about adventure games.  They represent the most interesting aspects of humanity, human connection, exploration, creativity, reasoning, storytelling, experience, evolution of character, and choice more than any other genre.  That will never disappear.

What was taken away was time.  Years of what might have been.  I like to imagine an alternate reality in which I continued to be able to get excited for upcoming adventure games of top-notch quality.

I have hope in younger generations and optimism over future eagerness directed at games that enable you to be pioneering and adventurous within rich environments and stories.  To have deep human experiences (and meaningful memories of those experiences) through gaming is the unrivaled staple of the adventure genre.

But young people are going to need to be gently and reasonably (and intensely and dramatically) persuaded and shown true greatness.  We have to solve many puzzles, unlock many doors, and conquer many evils before adventure is mainstream and top notch again.

“The Quest for Luke” seems to be something that’s been a long time coming for me personally; (1.) I deeply miss the kinds of adventure games I loved growing up. (2.) I seem to have always imagined the genre becoming more and more creatively/professionally cinematic (without losing gameplay, exploration, alternatives, vast areas to explore, a feeling of freedom as opposed to being constrained and limited to a small number of rooms until you do whatever linearly comes next in order to be forced to watch a cutscene before repeating the same process over again which lacks a sense of autonomy and self-direction, etc.), I was fond of many titles’ cinematic sequences, but always wanted more questing within them somehow. (3.) I guess I always thought adventure games would keep evolving in that direction (and in many other directions).

Instead, we were presented with “Mask of Eternity.”  The game that was “a step beyond any other adventure game.”  I found it all difficult to accept.

There are strong efforts and stunning new titles made within the world of this beloved genre.  But that world seems too small to me.  I’d like adventure games to carry the excitement they carried back in the day.  It’s possible to get there.  Adventure games need something big to make a comeback.  First, they need to feel like adventure games.  They need to be jaw-dropping to think about playing.  They need to be on a level and scale we’ve NEVER seen before.

They need to appeal to, invigorate, and in some cases awaken the spirit of adventure in people.

There’s so much to say and think about when it comes to this.

Before I get more carried away, fire away any questions about “The Quest for Luke!”  I’m excited to communicate and answer questions.  "Q4L" is a first ambitious project coming out of a studio in its garage days.  It is being made with no budget.  Nothing but pure passion. wink

I’ve been fortunate to find talented actors and crew and have their time and presence.  I instilled in them a passion for the adventure game experience.

You and me?  We know that experience.

I think you’ll find meaning in our stories.

Let’s go have a new adventure!

-Ryan https://ryantrepanier.files.wordpress.com/2017/01/00009-mts-00_00_04_14-still004.png https://i.ytimg.com/vi/llTrA-77oO0/maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited by Cody_Senn; 02/26/18 02:48 PM.
Re: Anyone Familiar With Quest for Luke? [Re: philthethrill10] #1142740
02/24/18 05:02 AM
02/24/18 05:02 AM
C
Cody_Senn Offline
Junior Boomer
Cody_Senn  Offline
Junior Boomer
C

Thanks, Ana!

I started a new topic, but Phil? Fire away right here if you'd like. smile I appreciate your interest.

Ryan

Last edited by Cody_Senn; 02/24/18 05:09 AM.
Re: Anyone Familiar With Quest for Luke? [Re: philthethrill10] #1142752
02/24/18 11:19 AM
02/24/18 11:19 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
I combined the threads Ryan since we were already on topic and changed the photos to links. We are self funded so we try and conserve bandwidth as much as possible.

In regards to Philthethrill's questions, where do you stand?
Quote:
Any idea on when it will be released? What can you tell me about the plot?

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Anyone Familiar With Quest for Luke? [Re: philthethrill10] #1142758
02/24/18 11:48 AM
02/24/18 11:48 AM
The Netherlands
M
Marinus_Louis Offline
Settled Boomer
Marinus_Louis  Offline
Settled Boomer
M

The Netherlands
Hi Code_Senn

What was wrong with King's Quest 8 Mask of Eternity?? I have played that game with much pleasure. And if you want an adventure game of the next level, try Xing The Land Beyond, or Quern

Marinus_Louis

Louis Koot
Re: Anyone Familiar With Quest for Luke? [Re: Marinus_Louis] #1142800
02/24/18 04:46 PM
02/24/18 04:46 PM
P
Shy Boomer
Shy Boomer
P

If you have a PlayStation 4 with a PlayStation VR and Playstation camera, there’s a cute virtual reality action adventure game called Moss that comes out on Tuesday February 27. More information can be found on the developer’s website. https://www.polyarcgames.com

Re: Anyone Familiar With Quest for Luke? [Re: philthethrill10] #1142889
02/25/18 04:13 PM
02/25/18 04:13 PM
C
Cody_Senn Offline
Junior Boomer
Cody_Senn  Offline
Junior Boomer
C

That's right, Phil had begun with those questions! I just wanted to provide some perspective, as part of an introduction (I can't help but get passionate when talking about adventure games haha).

I'm pushing for a midsummer release!           

There are two main tasks to be faced with Q4L:

1. To essentially edit a feature-length film and reach the maximum potential with it given what we had at the time, which requires a filmmaking approach.  The focus on story, pacing, scenes, some matte paintings, special effects, a dragon character, and an original score are all very important. 

2.  To assemble the game. 

All scenes and rooms are being put together first.  I'll work on the score simultaneously (I'm a composer and have been writing music since I was a kid) once there's a clearer idea of how scenes flow.  I've already written musical themes for this story, as heard in teasers/trailers so far.  It was a score I came up with that largely inspired the core of this story and my desire to make the game. 

I will share information about the plot soon.

Thanks for the questions!   

Louis, "Mask of Eternity" is a cool game for what it is and I enjoyed playing it too.

However, I agree with the people who made it:

- It's a game set in the "King's Quest" world, but it's not necessarily "King's Quest." There is a character running around with knives and swords and shields and stuff. -You can be in 3rd person like "Tomb Raider" but can switch to 1st person "and it would LOOK" more like a "Quake" or a "Doom."

"Mask of Eternity" indicated that the genre was trying to adapt in some way. It arrived right at that turning point. Obviously people have different takeaways with this title, but I believe many thought it was a sign that the fundamentals in adventure games were slipping away, at least substantially enough that its team could explicitly compare it to 1st person shooter titles (and do so directly to longtime KQ fans, I'll just add). You're likely not going to find a discussion of this game without a lot of mixed feelings. It's interesting to take it all in and I enjoy thinking critically about these things.

There's a lot to appreciate about "Mask" and I had a memorable experience with it. It just doesn't represent the true spirit of adventure gaming to me.

I watched gameplays of those games you mentioned! They look pretty spectacular indeed. "Quern" especially reminds me of "Myst." I love games like that. 3D has come a long way too.

Last edited by Cody_Senn; 02/25/18 06:00 PM.
Re: Anyone Familiar With Quest for Luke? [Re: philthethrill10] #1149972
05/03/18 02:22 AM
05/03/18 02:22 AM
C
Cody_Senn Offline
Junior Boomer
Cody_Senn  Offline
Junior Boomer
C

Re: Anyone Familiar With Quest for Luke? [Re: philthethrill10] #1149996
05/03/18 09:04 AM
05/03/18 09:04 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Thanks for the update, Ryan! Looks intriguing!

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Anyone Familiar With Quest for Luke? [Re: philthethrill10] #1150051
05/03/18 07:16 PM
05/03/18 07:16 PM
C
Cody_Senn Offline
Junior Boomer
Cody_Senn  Offline
Junior Boomer
C

Thank YOU, Ana! wink

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Fogfighter), 264 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users