GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Indie Murder Mystery Adventure Stonewall Penitentiary Release Date Set #1147013
04/02/18 07:19 PM
04/02/18 07:19 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Stonewall Penitentiary Release Date Set - Break Out on May 14, 2018!

View the trailer here.

Check out the Steam page here.
Quote:
April 2, 2018 - On May 14, Stonewall Penitentiary, an indie murder mystery adventure that is presented in the visual style of graphic novels, launches on Steam. It pays tribute to Agatha Christie's classic And Then There Were None and horror thrillers like Scream and Saw. Discover why you and six others were kidnapped by an unknown captor as you search an eerie prison and solve mind-bending puzzles to determine "whodunit!"

Will you survive Stonewall Penitentiary and its many mysteries, or will it be your tomb?

Stonewall Penitentiary is a traditional 2D point-and-click first-person adventure game with a focus on exploration and narrative. It features beautiful graphic novel-style artwork and cinematic music. Explore an abandoned prison by navigating from room to room. Separate inventory, map, journal, and character screens are available at the push of a button.
Stonewall Penitentiary plays like an interactive novel. Throughout the game, you will make choices that can affect the outcome. The game features all standard adventure game mechanics, including locations to explore, items to collect and use, characters to meet and interact with, and puzzles to solve--all without any major pixel hunting!

You wake up. The last thing you remember is lying in bed at home. But you aren't home anymore. Looking around, you quickly establish four things: you're in a prison; your clothes are missing; your hands are tied; and you can't remember how you got here.
You are William Thane, a middle-aged man struggling with depression and alcoholism. You, along with six others, are trapped in an abandoned prison, held captive by a sociopath obsessed with justice. But there's a catch: one of you is the killer! Can you escape? Success lies in your hands!

• EXPLORE an abandoned prison and uncover its dark secrets, all in the style of a graphic novel
• INTERACT with many interesting, fully-voiced characters
• SOLVE a multitude of challenging puzzles
• DISCOVER plenty of optional content that will test your detective skills--all without any major pixel hunting!
• ACHIEVE two different endings, depending on your actions (or inactions)
• UNLOCK all 27 achievements to view a special post-game bonus scene
• DETERMINE "whodunit" in a 10+ hour story that pays tribute to Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None and horror thrillers like Scream and Saw 

In Stonewall Penitentiary, there are seven suspects...and any one of them could be the killer. Who is it? You'll have to use your detective skills to find out!

Becca Ronni - Becca is a no-nonsense lawyer who is guarded and mistrustful. She didn't wake up in the same place as the others. What is she hiding?

Gerard Auberon - Gerard is a hard-to-read loner, and he likes it that way. He doesn't say much, but he seems loyal. Or is that an act?

Grayson Wilford - Grayson is a take-charge businessman who isn't shy about barking orders. But is he authoritative or self-serving?

Jessie Bartlett - Jessie is a friendly, inquisitive teen girl who doesn't hesitate to let others know what she thinks of them. Does she have a dark side?

Louis Algar - Louis Algar is a D-level actor with a sick sense of humor and a huge ego. Could this all be a game to him?

Sonny Peyton - Sonny is a shy computer programmer who, despite being terrified, is quite resourceful. Why is he so helpful?

William Thane - Will is a down-on-his-luck painter who is currently unemployed and struggling with both alcoholism and depression. Throughout the game, you play as Will...but that doesn't mean he isn't also a suspect!

Stonewall Penitentiary was developed by Unimatrix Productions, a two-person indie studio run by game designer Christopher Brendel. It is the fourth game in the ongoing Storycentric Worlds series.

Happy Gaming!

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Indie Murder Mystery Adventure Stonewall Penitentiary Release Date Set [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1147015
04/02/18 07:31 PM
04/02/18 07:31 PM
C
CountZero Offline
Settled Boomer
CountZero  Offline
Settled Boomer
C

Loved all the games from this developer so far. Visually this one appears to be a bit different than the past 3. I hope it will be just as enjoyable. Really looking forward to it.

Re: Indie Murder Mystery Adventure Stonewall Penitentiary Release Date Set [Re: CountZero] #1147016
04/02/18 07:32 PM
04/02/18 07:32 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Thank you for the news, Ana. wave

Re: Indie Murder Mystery Adventure Stonewall Penitentiary Release Date Set [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1147028
04/02/18 09:40 PM
04/02/18 09:40 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Offline
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
I received the email also and already wishlisted it.

Re: Indie Murder Mystery Adventure Stonewall Penitentiary Release Date Set [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1147044
04/02/18 11:33 PM
04/02/18 11:33 PM
Hicksville, NY USA
S
sanford Offline
Addicted Boomer
sanford  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Hicksville, NY USA
OOPS, Sorry I jumped the gun on this, Ana.
Sandy

Re: Indie Murder Mystery Adventure Stonewall Penitentiary Release Date Set [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1147092
04/03/18 03:05 PM
04/03/18 03:05 PM
New York
Leeana Offline
Addicted Boomer
Leeana  Offline
Addicted Boomer

New York
I feel the same way you all feel .... I Love This type of venue its right up my ally .... I will ask my two daughters to chip in half and half ...being that it comes out on May 14 it would be a Great Mothers Day Gift to me smile im Happy happydance

'Worry looks around, sorry looks back, Faith looks up.'
Re: Indie Murder Mystery Adventure Stonewall Penitentiary Release Date Set [Re: sanford] #1147111
04/03/18 06:02 PM
04/03/18 06:02 PM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
I've played some of this developer's games and liked them but they were non-Steam releases - so hopefully this one will also become available non - Steam yes

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: Indie Murder Mystery Adventure Stonewall Penitentiary Release Date Set [Re: Mad] #1147117
04/03/18 06:31 PM
04/03/18 06:31 PM
Virginia Beach, VA
Uncle Reg Offline
Settled Boomer
Uncle Reg  Offline
Settled Boomer

Virginia Beach, VA

Originally Posted By: Mad
I've played some of this developer's games and liked them but they were non-Steam releases - so hopefully this one will also become available non - Steam yes

My sentiments exactly! No Steam for me.

Re: Indie Murder Mystery Adventure Stonewall Penitentiary Release Date Set [Re: Uncle Reg] #1147148
04/03/18 10:40 PM
04/03/18 10:40 PM
Sweden
Mikael Offline
Addicted Boomer
Mikael  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Sweden
Originally Posted By: Uncle Reg

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who prefers non-Steam releases. Christopher sells his other games on his website as downloadable Windows files, so I'm sure that he will do the same with this game.

Re: Indie Murder Mystery Adventure Stonewall Penitentiary Release Date Set [Re: Mad] #1147150
04/03/18 11:55 PM
04/03/18 11:55 PM
CBSection31 Offline
Settled Boomer
CBSection31  Offline
Settled Boomer

Definitely! The non-Steam version will be available here: https://unimatrixproductions.itch.io/stonewall-penitentiary smile

Indie Developer
Re: Indie Murder Mystery Adventure Stonewall Penitentiary Release Date Set [Re: CBSection31] #1147155
04/04/18 02:19 AM
04/04/18 02:19 AM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
FANTASTIC !! And thank you very much joy

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: Indie Murder Mystery Adventure Stonewall Penitentiary Release Date Set [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1147281
04/05/18 02:11 AM
04/05/18 02:11 AM
Hicksville, NY USA
S
sanford Offline
Addicted Boomer
sanford  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Hicksville, NY USA
I have purchased and played many games from Steam, decent download times, but TERRIBLE "Support".
Sandy

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (hagatha, soot, manxman, 1 invisible), 370 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users