GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Amazon Cloudfront ??? #1151716
05/21/18 01:10 AM
05/21/18 01:10 AM
Virginia Beach, VA
Uncle Reg Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Uncle Reg  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Virginia Beach, VA

I can no longer get to my home page. All I get is a page with the message below. I have no idea what CloudFront is. I do buy a lot of stuff from Amazon and I do have a Fire stick attached to my TV, but whatever this CloudFront is, it's not something I asked for. The link in that message doesn't tell me anything, it's just a bunch of technical gobbledygook and I don't understand any of it. How can I make it go away and leave me alone?

504 ERROR
The request could not be satisfied.
CloudFront attempted to establish a connection with the origin, but either the attempt failed or the origin closed the connection.
For more information on how to troubleshoot this error, please refer to the CloudFront documentation (https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonCloudFront/latest/DeveloperGuide/http-504-gateway-timeout.html).

Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
Request ID: G6hY9MPpXzjTWraOVEJUKHghGfZEcXhmXsfZlI9z0D4qO6g8A09B8w==

Re: Amazon Cloudfront ??? [Re: Uncle Reg] #1151735
05/21/18 07:49 AM
05/21/18 07:49 AM
R
Robert Gault Offline
Addicted Boomer
Robert Gault  Offline
Addicted Boomer
R

Do a Google search for "Cloudfront" and you will see that it is a legitimate service of Amazon. However, that does not mean your error is not a hacking attempt.

You might try a Google search for "amazon cloudfront tutorial" or "how cloudfront works" which were listed as Searches Related to Cloudfront.

What is not clear is why you tried to go to the Cloudfront site. Was that deliberate on your part or did something hosting your home page send you to Cloudfront?
Did you try to question your home page host about problems and that then sent you to Cloudfront? There are reports on Google of frequent similar errors when people try to reach urls unrelated to Cloudfront.

Robert

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 77 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users