GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Lust for Darkness #1191214
07/13/19 05:54 AM
07/13/19 05:54 AM
UK
T
teassoc Offline OP
Settled Boomer
teassoc  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
T

UK
I can pick the face mask up and see where I need to go but the game doesn't allow me to put the mask down,. I'm therefore always timing out. Have re-installed the game but it made no difference.

Re: Lust for Darkness [Re: teassoc] #1191229
07/13/19 07:52 AM
07/13/19 07:52 AM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Going by the walkthrough here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0Fu8N_JroY
it appears you're supposed to put the mask on, not put it down.

I'll move your post to Hints.

Re: Lust for Darkness [Re: teassoc] #1191821
07/20/19 06:37 AM
07/20/19 06:37 AM
UK
T
teassoc Offline OP
Settled Boomer
teassoc  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
T

UK
Yes, you need to put the mask on using the E command. That works. The problem I have is using the E command to take it off before I time out.

Re: Lust for Darkness [Re: teassoc] #1191827
07/20/19 07:06 AM
07/20/19 07:06 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
I found these tips on the GamePressure website.

A few basic tips will help you understand the main mechanics of the game and minimize the probability of failure. Our tips are designed to introduce you to the game and get a grasp of the rules governing the gameworld. Thanks to this, you'll lose less time reloading the game and respawning at checkpoints.

You can hear a disturbing noise and the screen starts pulsing? Run! An approaching enemy is preceded by a sudden and eerie sound and a pulsating screen. If an enemy appears, it is best to run, because getting heat results in the death of your character and being sent back to the last checkpoint.
Remember about sneaking. Sneaking significantly decreases the chance of being detected by enemies. Remember to use the environment to your advantage; if an enemy is getting too close try to hide behind a pillar of a piece of furniture.
Using the mask for extensive periods of time leads to the game over screen. At some point during the game (described in part 4 of our walkthrough) you will find a mask which enables you to walk between dimensions. Thanks to it you will be able to see Bridges and passages, but you have to keep in mind that extended use can drive Jonathan insane, in this case you will respawn at the last checkpoint. Put on the mask, pass the bridge or take a passage, and then remember to take it off.
Do not look at items when cultists are nearby. Having acquired a disguise (described in the second part of our walkthrough) you can move around the Yelvertons' mansion freely, but inspecting items when cultists are nearby leads to detection, which in turn results in a game over screen and a respawn at the last checkpoint.

Not sure if any of this is helpful, but thought I would post this info just in case. Not sure if you are having a gameplay problem or a technical problem.

Re: Lust for Darkness [Re: teassoc] #1191840
07/20/19 11:01 AM
07/20/19 11:01 AM
Chicago
oldbroad Online sad
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Online Sad
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
Oh my. I didn't realize this game was so "actiony" with running, sneaking, and all the game over stuff. I bought this some time ago because it caught my eye but it doesn't sound as if I will like the gameplay.

How do you like the game teassoc?

Re: Lust for Darkness [Re: teassoc] #1191889
07/21/19 04:28 PM
07/21/19 04:28 PM
UK
T
teassoc Offline OP
Settled Boomer
teassoc  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
T

UK
Thanks Jenny and Marian.

Oldbroad, it's not bad and not that difficult. But as you can see I'm stuck unable to remove the mask.

So I've started to play Albino Lullaby which does involve some running around and sneakiness. Fun though and nice visuals.

Re: Lust for Darkness [Re: teassoc] #1191986
07/22/19 11:17 PM
07/22/19 11:17 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Online sad
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Online Sad
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
Thanks for the info teassoc. I hope you'll be able to continue in the game. I didn't see anything in the Steam discussions where anybody else had this problem. (I skimmed them only.)

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (curly), 391 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users