Glad things worked out for you Mad.

Had a similar situation last year, and had no idea what was happening. Photoed the blue screen for IT friends at work who were completely clueless; pretty unusual for them. Since I had been working with wireless mouse and keyboard, they loaned me one of each with wires. Nothing worked. Found a pc guy who told me my 15 year old machine which had endured being moved and shuffled several times during my separation from my ex, was dead, motherboard was fried. He put the motherboard into a device that looked like a mini toaster, moved the toaster in different directions, and got nothing. Then took the motherboard home and put it into his freezer for a few hours, a trick he had been sporadically successful with for other clients. Still nothing.

I was critical of Dell because of it being the vendor for the pcs at work; not always happy with their performance. Guess that was because of being on a large net work. When PC guy suggested it and assured me it was a good buy; I accepted his judgement and, so far so good. But lost all files. Later found I'd made CD copies of some things, at least according to the labels. I've yet to check them out. Was without a pc for about a week. Was 'restricted' to playing games on my phone; accessed internet via work as needed.

Amazes me how pcs have become such an integral part of life. When I retired, I redid my job description to eliminate bulk paper mailings and other tasks that I did 20 years ago, and replace them with data entry and analysis procedures.

lab

Life's a puzzle; one piece at a time.