GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Frogwares Games Important Notice [Re: oldbroad] #1198559
10/06/19 04:01 PM
10/06/19 04:01 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Originally Posted by oldbroad
Emerald City Confidential is a Big Fish Game?

Big Fish is where I bought Emerald City Confidential, back in March 2009, the year of its release.
So at least at one point, it was a Big Fish game -- published by Big Fish.

I don't disagree that it was developed by Dave Gilbert / Wadjet Eye.

I think I do have other Play First games that do that with the BF manager though. I have the game from Steam and never even saw it on Big Fish or disc.

I didn't know it had been removed from Big Fish, but then I have a lot of games in my purchase history that apparently aren't sold by them anymore.

But, yes, a lot of my casual disc games do show up in my Big Fish manager including Hound of the Baskervilles. Sometimes I find this annoying that my disc games have to open up the BF manager!

Yes it is annoying to have that Game Manager pop up when I start a game, which is why I make my own shortcut directly to the game .exe instead of using the one that is created by the game installer.

Re: Frogwares Games Important Notice [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1198561
10/06/19 04:04 PM
10/06/19 04:04 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
My understanding is that Emerald City was published by PlayFirst, who ended up removing all their games from Big Fish including the popular Diner Dash series among others. The list was quite long. I think this happened around 2012 (?) or thereabouts when PlayFirst stopped making games for the PC. I remember going through the list and thinking that I had a lot of these games and was glad that they were already in my Purchase History. This is also why the Dream Chronicles series was pulled.

Re: Frogwares Games Important Notice [Re: Marian] #1198562
10/06/19 04:19 PM
10/06/19 04:19 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Originally Posted by Marian
My understanding is that Emerald City was published by PlayFirst, who ended up removing all their games from Big Fish including the popular Diner Dash series among others. The list was quite long. I think this happened around 2012 (?) or thereabouts when PlayFirst stopped making games for the PC. I remember going through the list and thinking that I had a lot of these games and was glad that they were already in my Purchase History. This is also why the Dream Chronicles series was pulled.

That probably explains why Emerald City Confidential isn't at Big Fish anymore.

There are Frogwares games at Big Fish up through Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper.
GOG doesn't have Mystery of the Mummy or some casuals Frogwares made, like Sherlock Holmes: Mystery of the Persian Carpet, Department 42, Secret Mission: The Forgotten Island, and Journey: The Heart of Gaia.

Re: Frogwares Games Important Notice [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1198563
10/06/19 04:22 PM
10/06/19 04:22 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Online sad
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Online Sad
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
I wasn't trying to challenge you Jenny. I was just surprised. Truthfully, I just think Dave Gilbert when I hear Emerald City Confidential and that's why I Googled it.

"Yes it is annoying to have that Game Manager pop up when I start a game, which is why I make my own shortcut directly to the game .exe instead of using the one that is created by the game installer."

I just feel if I bought the game on disc it shouldn't create or open a BF manager. I recently installed MCF Madame Fate on my XP which did not have Big Fish on it. The disc still had to create a manager on the desktop and opens when I shut the game down. Or I should say, it tries to open but there is no internet connection.

Re: Frogwares Games Important Notice [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1198564
10/06/19 04:25 PM
10/06/19 04:25 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Another Frogwares casual on Big Fish is Secret Missions: Mata Hari and the Kaiser's Submarines. I was actually looking at this today because I was researching all of the casual games that Frogwares has released. Kaiser's Submarines is the only one I found on Big Fish that you didn't mention, Jenny.

Re: Frogwares Games Important Notice [Re: oldbroad] #1198565
10/06/19 04:32 PM
10/06/19 04:32 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
I just feel if I bought the game on disc it shouldn't create or open a BF manager. I recently installed MCF Madame Fate on my XP which did not have Big Fish on it. The disc still had to create a manager on the desktop and opens when I shut the game down. Or I should say, it tries to open but there is no internet connection.

I've had something similar happen with a casual where I bought the disc.
I think it was one of the MCF games, but I can't remember for sure.

Anyway, if you can create a shortcut to the game .exe, you may not get that Game Manager popping up when you close the game.

Marian,
I didn't see that one because I was looking on the wrong page.
Big Fish has adventures listed at
https://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/genres/21/adventure.html
and HOG's listed at
https://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/genres/15/hidden-object.html

Re: Frogwares Games Important Notice [Re: Jenny100] #1198599
10/06/19 09:18 PM
10/06/19 09:18 PM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
The games I have that later "appeared" in my Big Fish library certainly weren't available from Big Fish at the time I bought them.

It was quite a shock when they suddenly did appear there shocked

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (oldbroad, curly), 729 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users