GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: What are you playing? [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1222179
07/09/20 12:19 AM
07/09/20 12:19 AM
Las Vegas, NV, USA
Tristy Offline
Addicted Boomer
Tristy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Las Vegas, NV, USA
Currently playing Blacksad: Under the Skin. It's ok. I like the noir detective style, pretty graphics, and voice-acting is good. But I'm playing on pc with no controller, and the keyboard controls are awful. thumbsdown I thought the idea of the anthropomorphized animals would be weird, but it bothers me less than I thought it would. Story so far is pretty basic, but intriguing. I do enjoy the music. Overall, it's ok so far. After this, I think it's between Book of Unwritten Tales (which I've never played), or Truberbrook, or The Raven. Decisions, decisions.... grin

Re: What are you playing? [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1222181
07/09/20 12:58 AM
07/09/20 12:58 AM
London, UK
rmt Offline
Settled Boomer
rmt  Offline
Settled Boomer

London, UK
I forgot to mention I finally played Nancy Drew Midnight in Salem, and I really liked it. Made me wish to replay all the Nancy Drew games from the start.

It’s nice to know the pandemic had a similar effect on many of us, drawing us back to the old adventures we truly love most.

Re: What are you playing? [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1222182
07/09/20 01:16 AM
07/09/20 01:16 AM
Chicago
oldbroad Offline
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
I've been thinking about replaying the first couple of Nancy Drew games myself. I never made it through the series yet with first plays though so I'm not sure I want to start replaying them. I did end up buying Midnight in Salem at the Steam sale.

Tristy, thanks for that info on Blacksaad. I haven't bought it yet. I want it at a better discount because I don't feel sure I will like it that much. I really liked The Raven.

Re: What are you playing? [Re: oldbroad] #1222204
07/09/20 09:55 AM
07/09/20 09:55 AM
Las Vegas, NV, USA
Tristy Offline
Addicted Boomer
Tristy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Las Vegas, NV, USA
oldbroad,

Yes honestly I was worried about that too. I waited for it to be half price, and I used a Steam gift card. If you like an old school, noir, whodunnit detective story, you'll probably like the storyline. I was initially weirded out by the animals as humans, but they mostly just seem like people. Great music, great voice acting. If you have a controller to use, I'd recommend it. The game does say that it how it is best played, and they are probably right. There are some fighting sequences (which I hate that kind of thing), but luckily they are not too difficult at all, and the game makes you try again if you lose. Most conversation options are timed, which I also dislike, but there is a fair amount of time to read through responses before deciding what to say. Gameplay itself is fairly easy. We'll see what I think of the whole thing by the end of it. smile

Re: What are you playing? [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1222211
07/09/20 01:25 PM
07/09/20 01:25 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Offline
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
Thanks for further information on the game Tristy. I do not have a controller, don't like fighting sequences too much, don't like timed stuff too much, and don't really like a lot of conversation. I had watched a playthrough portion of the game one time and it seemed like non-stop talking, which I found rather boring. I know that if I bought the game right now, I wouldn't play it right now, so might as well keep holding out for an even better discount or until I decide I'm ready to play it OR decide I really don't want the game at all wink.

Re: What are you playing? [Re: oldbroad] #1222221
07/09/20 06:53 PM
07/09/20 06:53 PM
Las Vegas, NV, USA
Tristy Offline
Addicted Boomer
Tristy  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Las Vegas, NV, USA
Yeah I definitely get that. I love the feel of the game, and the general storyline. I just wish the gameplay mechanics were all different, haha! I actually do enjoy dialogue-heavy games though. And yes it is dialogue heavy.

Re: What are you playing? [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1222261
07/10/20 10:53 AM
07/10/20 10:53 AM
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
judith Offline
Addicted Boomer
judith  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Edmonton, Alberta Canada
I've been playing a lot of old BF games from my purchase history & I decided to give them a rest for awhile. A long time ago I bought two games from GOG that were on sale but never played them, so I decided to give them a try. I just finished Shivers, it was a very good game but not easy, I started it over three times, now I'm playing Return to Krondor & I really like it, I've been at it for two days now.

A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.
Re: What are you playing? [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1222274
07/10/20 01:55 PM
07/10/20 01:55 PM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
I just LOVE Return to Krondor, Judith and have played it several times. With the GOG version being fabulous !! bravo

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Pandora), 319 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users