GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Adventure gaming with others using Zoom #1245203
04/11/21 05:53 PM
04/11/21 05:53 PM
ergggo Offline OP
Settled Boomer
ergggo  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Prior to the pandemic I used to go over to a friend's place once a week and we'd play adventure games. I would connect my laptop to their TV using an HDMI cable, and we'd take turns passing around the wireless mouse, which had a range of 6 feet or more. We played many of the classic adventure games (Broken Sword, Syberia, Carol Reed games, etc.) until the pandemic hit. We went for months without meeting, but then we decided to try playinig over Zoom. It turns out that worked quite well...we could have a video chat for a while and then share my screen (and share control) so that we could again take turns "driving" the mouse while playing an adventure game. We played a Carol Reed game, and then Encodya, which were both great fun. We tried House of DaVinci 2 but the graphics were a bit too intensive for my laptop with integrated graphics. Around that time I ordered a PC with a fast video card, and now we are playing House of DaVinci 2 with very little lag, and it is very enjoyable.

I am very suprised how smoothly this works across the internet. There may be better platforms for doing this, but Zoom seems to work pretty well. Of course they do not live that far away, but I am still amazed how well it works. Just thought I'd mention that besides playing an adventure game on your own, playing with others is a new experience. I am also amazed when I replay a classic video game how much I've forgotten, or how how much I've remembered erroneously smile. It goes without saying that you would only share control of your computer with friends that you completly trust.

I point, therefore I click.
Re: Adventure gaming with others using Zoom [Re: ergggo] #1245204
04/11/21 05:57 PM
04/11/21 05:57 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
Draclvr  Offline
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
That is really good to know, ergggo! Can't imagine a better way to spend some time with a friend when you can't see each other in person!

Once again, weeds are my life!
Re: Adventure gaming with others using Zoom [Re: ergggo] #1245212
04/11/21 08:30 PM
04/11/21 08:30 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
That's very creative, ergggo! Glad you found a way to continue on!

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Adventure gaming with others using Zoom [Re: ergggo] #1245240
04/12/21 10:05 AM
04/12/21 10:05 AM
M
mike_bn Offline
Settled Boomer
mike_bn  Offline
Settled Boomer
M

Ergggo, I have been doing a similar thing with a good friend of mine for many years. I moved to a different city in a different part
of germany so we could not meet up anymore on a regular basis, so we switched to connecting via skype. Difference is that
we don't share the same pc , each of us plays the same game on his own pc and during playing, we talk about the game, without
spoiling puzzles. It is much more fun to share the gaming experience rather than playing alone. To not give hints our conversation goes like
this, for example 'Did you already find the item starting with 'bro'? (maybe 'broom'). If the other person says yes, we know he also
solved the puzzle to get the broom and we can openly talk about that puzzle.
Sometimes, we cannot resist the temptation to tease the other a bit ('Did you still not open the doort with the 4-color code?') smile

This may all sound a bit nerdy, but we enjoy it very much. I certainly prefer it to playing alone,

Last edited by mike_bn; 04/12/21 10:08 AM.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Fogfighter, 1 invisible), 439 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users