GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Loss of sound driver #1256646
09/18/21 11:54 AM
09/18/21 11:54 AM
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Periodically, when playing any BF casual game, I will find that I've lost sound and the mouse begins to lag. If I run a diagnostic (under "Settings/System/Sound/Output"), it will find a problem with the sound drivers. It runs me through some hoops and tests and then says it has restored it. Sure enough, I can then reload the game and everything is fine again. So, I am not prevented from playing BF games, but have to deal with this periodic failure and resetting nearly every time I play a BF casual these days.

My question: Is this a problem with BF games or Win10, or is it my computer failing to keep the sound function operational? I have an HP Envy32 (AMD High Def) sound card.

Re: Loss of sound driver [Re: Reenie] #1256660
09/18/21 06:24 PM
09/18/21 06:24 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Reenie, I am going to move you over to Glitches. I have never heard anyone saying they were having this particular issue with Big Fish games, although maybe some people have. Let's wait and see what the techies have to say about this.

Re: Loss of sound driver [Re: Reenie] #1256662
09/18/21 06:51 PM
09/18/21 06:51 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
Draclvr  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
If your mouse is also lagging, this sounds like more than a sound issue. Since your sound is integrated, have you tried going to the HP website and updating your drivers from there? A lot of these OEM companies use drivers specific to their systems.

Let me do some digging around and see what I can find. One other question... does this only happen with BF games or does it happen with other games too?

EDIT: I see the HP Envy 32 is an all-in-one computer, right? That might complicate things.

And of course, since this only seems to happen with BG games, a reach out to their support would also be in order.

Gardens put to bed for the winter. Time for some gaming!
Re: Loss of sound driver [Re: Draclvr] #1256721
09/19/21 05:50 PM
09/19/21 05:50 PM
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Thanks, Draclvr. Yes, it definitely is a sound issue. If I run through the Windows troubleshooting protocol for Sound, it always says, "You need to reload your sound drivers" (or something to that effect). When I click "OK," it proceeds with the reload. When it is finished, the sound is back. I am able to continue playing the game.

This only occurs with BF games. I am not playing any other sort of games at present.

I don't know enough about computers to understand if the problem originates with the BF games or with my sound card and/or drivers. I have never had this happen before.

Re: Loss of sound driver [Re: Reenie] #1256722
09/19/21 06:23 PM
09/19/21 06:23 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Draclvr  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
I would suggest going to your Device Manager and checking to see if the sound card has a yellow exclamation point beside it. If it does, you can right click it and reinstall the driver from there or have it search for a more recent driver. Problem there is it will probably look for a generic Microsoft driver. But you could give it a try.

Have you tried updating your sound card drivers through the HP website for your computer? You can let HP detect your computer or enter the serial number here. As I remember when A Vampyre Story was first released, there was a video that wouldn't play and the only solution for those of us with a certain sound chip was to download new drivers for the sound chip. Then the video played!

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/desktops

Re: Loss of sound driver [Re: Draclvr] #1256750
09/20/21 11:19 AM
09/20/21 11:19 AM
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Thanks! I will ask my guy to look into this.

Re: Loss of sound driver [Re: Reenie] #1256751
09/20/21 11:26 AM
09/20/21 11:26 AM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Draclvr  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
Sounds like a good idea!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 334 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users