[Linked Image]

A game of music puzzles, Sonority casts you as Esther, a young girl with a set of panpipes and a pressing need. She finds herself in the rockery, where the way forward involves the notes she finds and can then play.

Every puzzle can be solved by a melody says the website, growing more and more complicated as the game goes along. I only have four notes so far, and the melodies have been only two or three notes long. More is undoubtedly to come.

Getting through the rockery involves using your notes to manipulate the environment. You might have to lower a stone obstacle or turn a bridge.

You do that by playing the correct melody, choosing the notes to put into the related pedestals. Play the melody and see what happens, then adjust the melody and try again. It isn't though just random happenstance. There are rules to how the melodies work, and uncovering those means a more deliberate approach.

You find tokens which you can spend on learning those rules, or you can work them out from trial and observation. It's up to you.

I have just discovered a different sort of puzzle where you have to play the correct notes for the correct duration. Only two notes, but that will likely get more complicated as well. I suspect too that I might acquire more instruments.

The hooting Easter Island style head has been helpful, the talking raccoon less so.

The visuals are a little "blocky" but create a colourful world for Esther to inhabit. Played in the third person and exclusively with the keyboard or a gamepad, the latter might be the input of choice. I will try and let you know.

I don't go for music puzzles generally, but so far Sonority is intriguing.

Once again, weeds are my life!