GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Two More Agatha Christie Games Coming! #1266263
01/28/22 07:09 PM
01/28/22 07:09 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Microids and Agatha Christie Limited announce the signing of a major publishing deal! Two new video games based on the famous writer are in the works!

Check out Microids official website here.

Paris, January 27th, 2022 – The video game publisher Microids and Agatha Christie Limited are delighted to announce the signing of a major publishing contract for two games based on the Queen of Crime’s literary works! These titles will take players into the detective Hercule Poirot’s universe through a revisited classic and a brand new adventure.

This agreement between Microids and Agatha Christie Limited comes after previous successful collaborations with the titles Agatha Christie: The ABC Murders and more recently Agatha Christie - Hercule Poirot: The First Cases. The upcoming games at the center of this contract will be developed by two studios, one of them being the brand new Microids Studio Lyon.

“Agatha Christie’s work is timeless and captivates all generations of investigation fans alike. We are eager to tell you more about the project we’ll start to work on very soon.” declared David Chomard, Director of Microids Studio Lyon.

“After collaborating with Agatha Christie Limited for about a decade, renewing our partnership through this publishing contract felt very natural. We are honored by this renewal of trust after the success of Agatha Christie: The ABC Murders and Agatha Christie - Hercule Poirot: The First Cases.” added Alain Milly, Editorial Director for Microids.

“100 years on from my great grandmother’s first published novel, it is wonderful that her stories and characters continue to be enjoyed across the globe in all different formats including games.” said James Prichard, Chairman and CEO of Agatha Christie Limited. “We are excited to continue our relationship with the team at Microids and look forward to developing these two new games featuring Hercule Poirot.”

As a reminder, Agatha Christie: The ABC Murders and Agatha Christie - Hercule Poirot: The First Cases are available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC.

Stay tuned for more information about these two upcoming titles!

Happy Gaming!

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Two More Agatha Christie Games Coming! [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1266265
01/28/22 07:25 PM
01/28/22 07:25 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
That is great news, Ana! Thank you for letting us know. wave

Re: Two More Agatha Christie Games Coming! [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1266272
01/28/22 08:26 PM
01/28/22 08:26 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Offline
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
Thanks Ana! It is good news though I haven't played The First Cases yet and The ABC Murders was okay, but I really liked the old Agatha Christie games better.

Re: Two More Agatha Christie Games Coming! [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1266275
01/28/22 09:44 PM
01/28/22 09:44 PM
Sweden
Mikael Offline
Addicted Boomer
Mikael  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Sweden
Interesting! Agatha Christie and adventure games should make such a good combination. I agree with oldbroad that the earlier Adventure Company games were the best (I didn't like The First Cases at all), but I haven't seen any Agatha Christie game yet that really does the source material justice. Microids have had recent dealings with Pendulo Studios, and they would be the perfect studio to do it. They made such a wonderful job with Alfred Hitchcock's Vertigo.

Re: Two More Agatha Christie Games Coming! [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1266277
01/28/22 10:37 PM
01/28/22 10:37 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Offline
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
What didn't you like about The First Cases Mikael?

Re: Two More Agatha Christie Games Coming! [Re: oldbroad] #1266278
01/29/22 12:08 AM
01/29/22 12:08 AM
Sweden
Mikael Offline
Addicted Boomer
Mikael  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Sweden
Originally Posted by oldbroad
What didn't you like about The First Cases Mikael?

The playable portions of the game are presented in an isometric view (the top-down perspective from the side that one usually sees in role playing games). While there are adventure games I like that use this view (Sanitarium springs to mind), it's not really my cup of tea.

But, more importantly, when drawing your conclusions, you do it in a so-called mind-map (where you connect dots between clues, suspects and conclusions), which we've seen a of lot in games lately. While I don't necessarily object to that (it worked perfectly in Conway: Disappearance at Dahlia View, for example), I found the connections to to be far too complex and far-fetched in The First Cases to enjoy the game. I actually spent most of the time clicking around in the mind-map. But it's quite possible (or even likely) that I simply wasn't smart enough to see the connections. Despite my love adventure games, I'm not a clever game-solver. So don’t let my opinions put you off. The reviews have generally been positive. You might want to wait for a price drop first though.

Re: Two More Agatha Christie Games Coming! [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1266281
01/29/22 02:24 AM
01/29/22 02:24 AM
Chicago
oldbroad Offline
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
Thanks Mikael! That dot connecting doesn't really appeal to me and I did see some screen shots that didn't look appealing. As a rule, I do not let other peoples opinions put me off of a game though it sometimes depends what it's about and who's opinion it is or how many people share the same opinion. Mostly I like to see for myself though. I do intend to buy The First Cases eventually, definitely with a good sale price though. yes

Re: Two More Agatha Christie Games Coming! [Re: oldbroad] #1266286
01/29/22 04:19 AM
01/29/22 04:19 AM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Thanks, BET. Sounds promising 🙂

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: Two More Agatha Christie Games Coming! [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1266308
01/29/22 10:40 AM
01/29/22 10:40 AM
New York
Leeana Offline
Addicted Boomer
Leeana  Offline
Addicted Boomer

New York
Ohhhh Ana Thats wonderful Thank You for the Update yes

'Worry looks around, sorry looks back, Faith looks up.'
Re: Two More Agatha Christie Games Coming! [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1266355
01/29/22 05:53 PM
01/29/22 05:53 PM
Duluth, MN
Gnabgib Offline
Shy Boomer
Gnabgib  Offline
Shy Boomer

Duluth, MN
I also liked the Adventure Company games much better than either the ABC murders or First Cases. Both games felt like a huge step back in gameplay, moving from the standard point and click to spending way to much time using the mind map. Graphics wise both ABC murders and First Cases looked more like a handheld or mobile game rather than a game developed for a PC or game console. And Then There Were None and Evil Under The Sun did a great job creating fun environments to explore.

"To Alcohol, The Cause Of And Solution To, All Of Life's Problems." Homer Simpson
Currently Playing: ResidentEvil 6 on PS3, Penumbra: Necrologue on PC
Re: Two More Agatha Christie Games Coming! [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1266418
01/30/22 02:36 PM
01/30/22 02:36 PM
winter springs fl.
connie Offline
Graduate Boomer
connie  Offline
Graduate Boomer

winter springs fl.
Thanks Ana.

Connie
Re: Two More Agatha Christie Games Coming! [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1266841
02/04/22 07:55 PM
02/04/22 07:55 PM
Yreka, California
Adam Beals Offline
Settled Boomer
Adam Beals  Offline
Settled Boomer

Yreka, California
Cool! Thanks, Ana! I enjoyed the older Adventure Co. series and the two newer ones also, so I'm interested to see what are the next two. I wonder if they will do a version of Death on the Nile (as this is the next A.C. movie to come out) or something different.

"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind."

Mohandas Gandhi
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (fildil, michele rose, 1 invisible), 230 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users