GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Martha Is Dead Now Available #1267999
02/24/22 09:43 AM
02/24/22 09:43 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Terror in Tuscany: Psychological Thriller ‘Martha Is Dead’ Confirms Launches on PC, Xbox, and PlayStation Today.
Wired Productions and LKA Lift Lid on Celebrated Narrative Adventure. The game is recommended for an adult audience and carries the appropriate age rating. The game is not recommended for players who may find depictions of mature scenes containing blood, dismemberment, disfigurement of human bodies and self-harm disturbing

Check out the launch trailer here. (Must sign in, there is an age gate)

Watford, UK, February 24th, 2022: Indie games publishing label, Wired Productions, and leading Italian studio, LKA, can confirm their highly anticipated psychological thriller Martha Is Dead will launch digitally across PC, PlayStation 4 & PlayStation 5 and the Xbox family of devices today.

Developed in Unreal® Engine 4 by LKA, the award-winning studio behind the celebrated psychological adventure The Town of Light, Martha Is Dead is a dark first-person psychological thriller set in 1944 Italy that blurs the lines between reality, superstition and the tragedy of war.

Play opens in the depths of the Italian countryside as Allied and Axis forces turn the nation into a pincered playground. On the shores of the lake lies the body of a young woman; Martha, drowned and desecrated. Now her twin sister must deal with the fallout from her murder whilst the horror of war draws ever closer.

“Martha Is Dead was always the natural next step for LKA after The Town of Light,” offers Luca Dalco, Founder & Director, LKA. “The game builds upon our signature style of deep, multi-layered narratives to deliver a story that explores loss, relationships, and psychological distress, all while the mass hysteria that was the latter years of the Second World War plays out in the background. It’s been a long journey for everyone here at LKA - one specifically tied to the countryside around us and the history behind it - but we think it’s been worth it.”

“This is a milestone release for both Wired Productions and LKA,” says Leo Zullo, Managing Director, Wired Productions. “There’s never been a story like this before - one that touches on issues in quite the way Martha Is Dead does. It’s an important tale to tell, and one we think will stay with players long after the credits have rolled.”
The physical version of Martha Is Dead, available on PlayStation 4 & PlayStation 5, contains a reversible sleeve, fold out double-sided poster, collectable sticker sheet and a digital download Tarot card pack, and will officially launch on Thursday March 10th, 2022 - please note, stock may be available in some stores in advance of this date. Both the digital and physical versions of the game are priced: £24.99 / €29.99 / $29.99.

The PlayStation 5 exclusive Collector’s Edition, which will be sold in limited quantities, with only 1,000 units set to be produced, is available to pre-order now exclusively via the Wired Productions Store with an SRP of £125.00. Each Collector's Edition includes a bonus digital copy of Martha Is Dead for the Steam Store.

Fans can also pick up the Martha Is Dead triple Vinyl Soundtrack - which features 33 eclectic tracks, and will be available on triple 12" white/black marbled vinyl housed in a gatefold sleeve and limited to only 500 pressings worldwide - over here.

Happy Gaming!

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Martha Is Dead Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1268006
02/24/22 11:41 AM
02/24/22 11:41 AM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Thanks, BrownEyedTigre smile

There are certainly "sombre" themes to some of the Adventure games being released these days !!

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: Martha Is Dead Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1268020
02/24/22 01:27 PM
02/24/22 01:27 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Online sad
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Online Sad
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
Thanks Ana!

Re: Martha Is Dead Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1268175
02/27/22 12:44 AM
02/27/22 12:44 AM
Sweden
Mikael Offline
Addicted Boomer
Mikael  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Sweden
Started the game. Controls are clunky, but manageable. I was a little put off by an extremely generic backstory, but that was fleshed out to something more interesting before long. Saves are only automatic in the first chapters (which forced me to replay a large part since my wife called for dinner, and I had to check emails before that, and the game isn't alt-tab friendly). However, after the first chapters (which aren't very long) you can save manually.

The dialogue is well-written, the graphics are top notch, and the interface is functional and not unnecessarily flashy (which we've seen too much of).

The game played smoothly in the first interior scenes, but when I went outside (which is always more demanding, due to the details of trees and bushes), the gameplay got so choppy that I couldn't continue. That's no fault of the game, but due to my now 3 years old desktop computer. So I'll have to put this one on the back burner until I buy a new computer.

The game is VERY gory. I only played an hour or so, but I've already gone through a long scene, with various control mechanisms involved, with the sole purpose of ripping someone's face off.

Apart from the introduction, the game hasn't included any cutscenes, which is a big plus for me. When I play a game, I want to play a game, and not watch a movie. I generally think that cutscenes are a waste of resources and an excuse for not being able to tell a story through gameplay.

So, if you don't mind excessive gore, and have a high-end computer, you might want to try this.

Re: Martha Is Dead Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1268176
02/27/22 01:37 AM
02/27/22 01:37 AM
Chicago
oldbroad Online sad
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Online Sad
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
Thanks for the information on the game Mikael. I have it on my wishlist but will wait for a sale and I would like to try their first game The Town of Light (which I already have) before buying this one.

I don't feel a 3 year old computer is very old. Mine is 2-1/2 years. I just checked on "Can you run it" and according to them I "should have a great experience running this product".

Re: Martha Is Dead Now Available [Re: oldbroad] #1268228
02/27/22 08:23 PM
02/27/22 08:23 PM
Sweden
Mikael Offline
Addicted Boomer
Mikael  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Sweden
Originally Posted by oldbroad
I don't feel a 3 year old computer is very old. Mine is 2-1/2 years. I just checked on "Can you run it" and according to them I "should have a great experience running this product".

No, 3 years is not that old. But I should have mentioned that I ran the game on a 4K monitor. I would probably have improved performance significantly by lowering the resolution.

Last edited by Mikael; 02/27/22 08:23 PM.
Re: Martha Is Dead Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1268319
03/01/22 11:51 AM
03/01/22 11:51 AM
winter springs fl.
connie Offline
Graduate Boomer
connie  Offline
Graduate Boomer

winter springs fl.
Thanks Ana and Mikael.

Connie
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (curly, oldbroad), 355 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users