GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Syberia 3 brightness problem #1266326
01/29/22 12:57 PM
01/29/22 12:57 PM
Hampshire, UK
petert Offline OP
Settled Boomer
petert  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Hampshire, UK
The brightness level on this game is too low for me to see where Kate is on the Krystal.

I have checked the computer brightness level and it is at maximum.

I asked GOG if there is a solution but the phrase chocolate teapot springs to mind when I contacted them.

I know that this is the only game with which I have experienced this problem, so it is a game problem, not computer.

Anyone got any ideas/

petert

Re: Syberia 3 brightness problem [Re: petert] #1266328
01/29/22 01:01 PM
01/29/22 01:01 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Hi again Peter,

I have been looking into this problem and found this old thread on GameBoomers discussing the very same issue. It's just the game itself apparently. There might be something in the thread, though, that is worth looking into, like the video settings options that are discussed

I also found this post on GOG. Maybe his walkthrough directions will help, too.

Lastly (and I don't know if this pertains to your problem or not), I read this over on the Hints forum:

If anyone is having trouble with the darkness ...... Try looking in the lower part in the back of the engine room, there you can find an oil lamp.

Re: Syberia 3 brightness problem [Re: petert] #1266583
02/01/22 08:12 PM
02/01/22 08:12 PM
Sweden
Mikael Offline
Addicted Boomer
Mikael  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Sweden
The game suffers from very bad contrasts in some areas. It's strange that it hasn't been fixed in all these years.

Re: Syberia 3 brightness problem [Re: petert] #1268430
03/03/22 05:50 AM
03/03/22 05:50 AM
Hampshire, UK
petert Offline OP
Settled Boomer
petert  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Hampshire, UK
I originally outlined my woes with Syberia 3 in the Hints forum, where I explained that the game stopped working when trying to resuscitate Oscar on the beach.
Draclvr suggested that the problem could possibly stem from a problem with the computer.

The computer is a Republic of Gamers machine, named ROG STRIX, and it SEEMS to be OK with all the other games I have played on it - Syberia 1 and 2, and Lost Horizon 1 & 2
and Schizm - but I don't know if the requirements for Syberia 3 are more demanding. All these games were GOG downloads.
I do know that when I played the game originally about 2 years ago on this machine, it was perfecty OK.

I have restarted the game from the beginning - so far it is OK.

petert

Re: Syberia 3 brightness problem [Re: petert] #1268438
03/03/22 10:56 AM
03/03/22 10:56 AM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Online content
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
Draclvr  Online Content
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
That's good to know. Without knowing what your computer specs are, the chances of this one - an ASUS brand - is more than up to the task. Republic of Gamers Strix is one of their names for gaming motherboards and computer. I have a high end Strix motherboard in my computer.

That crystal only showing up half-way made me suspicious. But, I have a feeling you are dealing with a game glitch and if you run into it again, a saved game as Marian suggested might be what you need. Installing saved games in not quite as easy as it was in the past, but I'm sure we could figure it out!

Once again, weeds are my life!
Re: Syberia 3 brightness problem [Re: petert] #1268440
03/03/22 11:20 AM
03/03/22 11:20 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Peter wanted to be able to download and install a saved game from here but needed step-by-step instructions in order to do this.

Re: Syberia 3 brightness problem [Re: petert] #1268442
03/03/22 11:43 AM
03/03/22 11:43 AM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Online content
Draclvr  Online Content
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
Thanks, Marian. I figured the Saved Games folder was in hidden files as most of them are now. Thank you for the specific site instructions! That will make things much easier should Peter get stuck at that same place again.

Re: Syberia 3 brightness problem [Re: petert] #1270731
04/07/22 04:53 AM
04/07/22 04:53 AM
Hampshire, UK
petert Offline OP
Settled Boomer
petert  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Hampshire, UK
After a month or so, I resumed battling with this game, and found that it still keeps misbehaving.

I rechecked all of the things that I had done and came across something that I had missed.
Originally, I had grumbled that the game was not saving, because the only save I could see was the one in the clinic. I had missed the scroll down line at the right of the screen.

Anyway, I noticed during the replaying that when I was trying to load the coal into the Krystal that, before I had actually finished the loading, Captain Obo was congratulating me (Kate) on getting it done. At the time, I did not query this, thinking that I must have done it without knowing.
However, as I progressed in the game, it became more erratic.

When I checked on the situation with the Load option, I discovered several other saves that I had not seen before when I missed the scroll down. These saves included some that I had regarding the coal loading.

Thus the computer was presented with 2 choices when I started playing again, either to proceed with the current path, or to the save that I did not know I had.

Does that make any sense? Was the computer presented with an impossible task?

petert

Re: Syberia 3 brightness problem [Re: petert] #1270741
04/07/22 09:30 AM
04/07/22 09:30 AM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Online content
Draclvr  Online Content
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
It does indeed make sense. It turns out the saves were there all along. I'm not sure why they wouldn't show up just because you didn't scroll down though. I'd say pick your path and keep playing. Sounds like it's going to be a struggle now and then though. I've heard that the game is quite buggy... one of the reasons I never played it.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (curly), 391 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users