GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Shiver: Moonlit Grove question #1276379
07/04/22 09:33 PM
07/04/22 09:33 PM
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

I am replaying an old BF favorite, Shiver: Moonlit Grove. Just finished the Main Game, and was about to start on the Bonus Game, but there is a problem: My version of the Bonus Game starts about four scenes in from what is shown in the accompanying Game Manual.

I'm sorry if that sounds confusing. It is confusing to me, as well. It is as if I bought a book and the first chapter started on Page 8. I don't know if that makes sense, but I can't explain it any better. I asked my husband to come in and try it, just in case I had a mental moment, but he saw the same thing. We can't figure it out.

I wouldn't mind if I had to skip a portion of play except that, since I can't play the first few scenes, I can't obtain some of the Inventory that I would acquire there and need to continue on with the Bonus Game. I never have encountered something like this before. Anyone have an idea what could be wrong?

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove question [Re: Reenie] #1276393
07/05/22 07:44 AM
07/05/22 07:44 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Reenie, I am moving this over to Glitches as it certainly sounds like a technical problem.

It sounds to me like the game has an autosave there from a previous play, although maybe some files have been corrupted as well.

I am not sure there is any solution to this problem other than to uninstall the game from your hard drive and then reinstall and start over with a new profile, but maybe someone else will have other ideas.

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove question [Re: Marian] #1276410
07/05/22 01:19 PM
07/05/22 01:19 PM
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

I was afraid it would be something like that, but thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I think I'll just bail out, as I would have to replay the entire game again in order to try accessing the Bonus Game again, and it might just repeat the problem. Thanks for the reply! :-)

Re: Shiver: Moonlit Grove question [Re: Reenie] #1276412
07/05/22 02:57 PM
07/05/22 02:57 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
You are welcome! The next time you want to play the game just remove it from your computer first and then reinstall. That should put matters to rights, I would think.

Some HOPAs do allow you to reset the bonus game, but I am assuming that this is not one of them.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Urban Worrier, BrownEyedTigre), 362 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users