GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Getting an overview of DarkFall and Shadowtorstudio games #1274844
06/08/22 05:08 PM
06/08/22 05:08 PM
M
mike_bn Offline OP
Settled Boomer
mike_bn  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
M

Hi all,

motivated by a recent thread, I tried to create a complete list of games still in development by Jonathan and Matt.
Starting point were the following websites

http://www.darklingroom.co.uk/index.html (is this Jonathan Boakes company?)
http://www.shadowtorstudios.co.uk/store/ (is this Matt's company?)

According to these two sides, I found those games in development

Lammana - The Looe Island Mystery (featured on both sites, maybe because they teamed up for this game?)
The Lost Crown - Silent Night (featured on both sides, but with non-identical titles, on one site 'The Lost Crown' as a prefix is missing)
The Last Crown - Blackenrock (featured on both sides, maybe because they teamed up for this game?)
Dark Fall 5 - Storm Warning (featured only on dark fall site, maybe because Matt is not involved that much in this game?)
Glastonbury - The Alchemical Mystery (featured only on darkfall side, even though it is mentioned that Matt = shadowtorstudio is involved)
Bracken Tor (featured only on shadowtorstudio site, I guess because it is more of Matt's project only?)

I hope both sites are actual and all of these 6 games are still in production - can anybody confirm?

So far, so good, but on the internet, the following additional titles are mentioned:

The First Crown
Dark Fall - Dowerton Experiment (is this maybe the old name of Dark Fall 5 - Storm Warning - or is this even Dark Fall 6?)
Glastonbury - Waking Dream of Avalon (old name for Glastonbury - The Alchemical Mystery or a different game?)

This is so confusing. Can anybody clear this up? Are the last 3 games old names or abandoned projects (which would explain why they are not listed in any of the two sites)

Also, I can totally understand that creative minds work in a way that they need different projects in parallel to stay motivated. But 6 or even up to 9 games/projects in parallel development is really too much, imo. Not meant to criticize the developers, their games are really great and they can do whatever they want, like I have mentioned before. But the consequence is that it takes a very long time before a game is ready to be released. Having said that, I am very much looking forward for the next game, I am pretty sure it will be a good one once again.

Update: I found one more game title: Wychwood Hollow - no idea about this game at all

Last edited by mike_bn; 06/09/22 03:37 AM.
Re: Getting an overview of DarkFall and Shadowtorstudio games [Re: mike_bn] #1274846
06/08/22 06:20 PM
06/08/22 06:20 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
I will let someone else sort out the games/titles for you, but wanted to call your attention to the fact that Matt Clark released another game a few weeks ago. You can read Ana's announcement and information about the game here. It is a rather short game (and not intended to be otherwise) but well worth the price; players here have been very pleased with it. Matt Clark also posted in this thread.

Re: Getting an overview of DarkFall and Shadowtorstudio games [Re: mike_bn] #1274856
06/09/22 02:15 AM
06/09/22 02:15 AM
M
mike_bn Offline OP
Settled Boomer
mike_bn  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
M

Thx, Marian. I read about the short game and I will buy it for sure. Regarding the game titles (which are renamed, which are abandoned or migrated to another game and which games will most likely be released earlier than others etc) maybe Ana can help. As we know, Ana is friends with Matt and Jonathan, so maybe Ana can figure it out.

in addition to the 3 titles I listed not mentioned on the websites, I also stumbled across some announcement from 2013 about a game called 'Ghost Watch'. But based on its description, I am pretty sure it was renamed to 'Ghost Vigil' later on, so this title can be discarded.

Last edited by mike_bn; 06/09/22 02:18 AM.
Re: Getting an overview of DarkFall and Shadowtorstudio games [Re: mike_bn] #1274873
06/09/22 09:02 AM
06/09/22 09:02 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
There is a response coming...

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Getting an overview of DarkFall and Shadowtorstudio games [Re: mike_bn] #1274909
06/10/22 03:40 AM
06/10/22 03:40 AM
M
mike_bn Offline OP
Settled Boomer
mike_bn  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
M

Thanks in advance, Ana :-)

Re: Getting an overview of DarkFall and Shadowtorstudio games [Re: mike_bn] #1275345
06/18/22 02:23 AM
06/18/22 02:23 AM
Wales
meryl Offline
Settled Boomer
meryl  Offline
Settled Boomer

Wales
I'm so pleased a response is coming. I agree with your sentiments entirely Mike_bn and share your frustration.

I think it would be a kindness to the loyal fans of their games for the developers to give this whole situation some clarity.

Re: Getting an overview of DarkFall and Shadowtorstudio games [Re: meryl] #1275354
06/18/22 09:51 AM
06/18/22 09:51 AM
M
mike_bn Offline OP
Settled Boomer
mike_bn  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
M

Originally Posted by meryl

I think it would be a kindness to the loyal fans of their games for the developers to give this whole situation some clarity.

I couldn't have phrased it better. My thoughts exactly.

Re: Getting an overview of DarkFall and Shadowtorstudio games [Re: mike_bn] #1275848
06/27/22 05:17 AM
06/27/22 05:17 AM
M
mike_bn Offline OP
Settled Boomer
mike_bn  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
M

Can we still hope for a response? I was sooo happy to hear we will get one, tried to be patient, but it's been over two weeks now and I start doubting...

Re: Getting an overview of DarkFall and Shadowtorstudio games [Re: mike_bn] #1275917
06/27/22 05:22 PM
06/27/22 05:22 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
He's been busy! smile

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Getting an overview of DarkFall and Shadowtorstudio games [Re: mike_bn] #1276526
07/07/22 09:08 AM
07/07/22 09:08 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Matt has been busy, but here is an update from Jonathan. I will post news as it gets released.

Silent Night / Blackenrock Update: Looking forward to a chance to work with Matt this Autumn to finish it off, at last. Better late than never for my haunted second sequel. Working around Shadow Tors schedule is tricky, but Autumn/Winter is my favoured time for Crown stuff anyway. I’m pretty amazed by the work Matt’s company does now, a lot fancier than anything that I’ve ever tried, but I’m keen for more Nigel adventures. In the meantime, I contribute and work for Shadow Tor as primary employment, doing virtual landscaping, grammetry technician, sound and music, as well as donkey work on location. 😁 Matts next game is crazy ambitious, but it’s stuff he needs to learn for… ummm… I not allowed to say. He’s doing things I’ve never dreamt of, like open Sandbox worlds, prototyping, beautiful historical recconstructions as well as some high profile locations for a big ghost hunting IP… again, not allowed to say. All his progress has me sitting here thinking ’hmmm, all this fancy new stuff would look great in Saxton’. 😏 News of Matt’s next game will be published on Shadow Tors FB and other socials next week. 👽

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Getting an overview of DarkFall and Shadowtorstudio games [Re: mike_bn] #1276575
07/08/22 03:09 AM
07/08/22 03:09 AM
Wales
meryl Offline
Settled Boomer
meryl  Offline
Settled Boomer

Wales
Appreciate your passing this on Ana but Jonathan hasn't answered the original question . He refers to Silent Night/Blackenrock as "it" . Does this mean that Silent Night and Blackenrock are now one game whereas previously they were referred to as two separate games The Lost Crown/ Silent night and The Last Crown/Blackenrock. He hasn't mentioned The first Crown which Mike -bn saw mentioned on a website.

Is it really so difficult for these developers to take every one of the titles mentioned in his post (which they themselves have publicised on their websites) and do something like this:-

"Eeny"," Meeny", - Forget these, either superceeded by alternative title or scrapped.

"Miney", "Mo" - Actively working on to be brought to market

"Andy", "Pandy" "wibble" Wobble" - just ideas for the future at the moment.

Just an idea that may make things clear once and for all.

Re: Getting an overview of DarkFall and Shadowtorstudio games [Re: mike_bn] #1276662
07/09/22 03:32 AM
07/09/22 03:32 AM
M
mike_bn Offline OP
Settled Boomer
mike_bn  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
M

I second what mery.l has posted. For many loyal fans that would be valuable information so I would appreciate getting this information. Even if you are busy, within a timespan of 4 weeks now a post that shouldn't take more than 10minutes time should be doable. At least for me, and I would imagine for many other fans as well, clarity regarding the current status is much more interesting than some vague statement about working on last crown in autumn/winter.

Last edited by mike_bn; 07/09/22 03:40 AM.
Re: Getting an overview of DarkFall and Shadowtorstudio games [Re: mike_bn] #1276680
07/09/22 10:30 AM
07/09/22 10:30 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
This will not be a popular response, but I'm ok with this. It is what it is, and it's honest.

meryl, Jonathan was never going to answer, Matt was.

Mike, his response takes a lot longer than ten minutes, because there is much that can't be said due to publisher agreements so words need to be chosen carefully.

He has been quite busy, lots of work and family visit and then he's entitled well earned down time. He would have come here if I'd have reminded him, but since I know he's been busy, I left him alone. It's the respectful thing to do. Speaking as someone who holds 3 jobs with very little down time, I get very angry if someone is hounding me for something. People tend to judge based on their own lives, and don't understand that others are pulled in different directions constantly and love that life, but don't need to be criticized for not doing something that is not critical when they have a moment to just relax and enjoy life.

I am not reminding him of this thread now because I find it off-putting and entitled. I will post on a separate thread or he will when he's ready, but I really do not care to alert him to the messages here anymore. They get enough hateful messages sent to them through social media. They owe no one, anything. They are earning a living working on other projects so they can put food on their table and a roof over their head. Updating websites and such take time. I know this, because I know that no matter how hard I try it takes me forever to get the html done on this website. Be kind...be happy to get what updates you get and be thrilled when something is released. There are so many bigger issues in the world than to dwell on this.

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Getting an overview of DarkFall and Shadowtorstudio games [Re: mike_bn] #1276682
07/09/22 10:55 AM
07/09/22 10:55 AM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Online content
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
Draclvr  Online Content
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
For me, it's not like I don't have at least forty-eleven games in my to-be-played pile! I don't feel I am owed anything from these developers. Should I choose, I could always express my feelings by not purchasing a game when it finally is released.

Gardens put to bed for the winter. Time for some gaming!
Re: Getting an overview of DarkFall and Shadowtorstudio games [Re: mike_bn] #1276684
07/09/22 11:00 AM
07/09/22 11:00 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
As you say, Ana, there are so many bigger issues in the world than to dwell on this. Nothing that Matt and Jonathan has ever released has been a disappointment to me - I have loved all of their games and found them consistently interesting and unusual; there's nothing else out there like them. That's the bottom line for me - any updates are just icing on the cake. wave

Re: Getting an overview of DarkFall and Shadowtorstudio games [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1276730
07/10/22 02:25 AM
07/10/22 02:25 AM
Wales
meryl Offline
Settled Boomer
meryl  Offline
Settled Boomer

Wales
I am kind. I have never sent a hateful message. I am always polite. I don't feel entitled.

I don't think it abnormal to request clarification of an obviously confusing description of a manufacturer's advertised forthcoming product.

I accept that this clarification won't happen.

Re: Getting an overview of DarkFall and Shadowtorstudio games [Re: mike_bn] #1276735
07/10/22 03:19 AM
07/10/22 03:19 AM
M
mike_bn Offline OP
Settled Boomer
mike_bn  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
M

I am kind. I have never sent a hateful message.. I don't feel entitled.

I don't think it abnormal to request clarification of an obviously confusing description of a manufacturer's advertised forthcoming product.

I accept that this clarification won't happen.

Re: Getting an overview of DarkFall and Shadowtorstudio games [Re: mike_bn] #1283661
10/10/22 02:58 PM
10/10/22 02:58 PM
D
Dalboz Offline
Shy Boomer
Dalboz  Offline
Shy Boomer
D

my posts have not been hateful, more disappointed than hateful. because we are now getting ANOTHER game on the list. which should be out this month. it's more being told repeatedly that "a game will be out this month" about the same time every year, wears you down. I wish them all the best but I am now only checking ever 6 months to a year, as of 2018. I haven't even logged into this site since 2020. I love the guys but the wait without much updates is not fun for me. oh and the new game is Incubus- a ghost hunters tale on steam.

Last edited by Dalboz; 10/10/22 02:59 PM.

"Your Sword's Blowing Glue! let's try that again. Your Sword's Glowing Blue!" Dalboz of Gurth 3rd Dugeon Master of Zork
Re: Getting an overview of DarkFall and Shadowtorstudio games [Re: mike_bn] #1283663
10/10/22 03:27 PM
10/10/22 03:27 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Dalboz, I announced the game Here. I'm closing this thread.

Don't feed the Trolls
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Draclvr, 1 invisible), 232 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users