GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Announcing Fogtown #1278609
08/03/22 07:32 PM
08/03/22 07:32 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
FOGTOWN, a Sherlock Holmes-inspired comedy/mystery TV pilot and video game made with finger puppets. Handcrafted multimedia project with renowned voice cast seeks $49,000 in crowdfunding by August 31st

Check out the trailer here.

Check out the official website here.

Sherlock Holmes: Gentleman eccentric, consulting detective, and now … finger puppet?!

The twenty-year comedy short veterans at Haptance Films are pleased to announce their new company label and most ambitious project yet: FOGTOWN, a TV series and interactive video game seeking crowdfunding on Seed&Spark. The debut episode of this original tongue-in-cheek homage to Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s great detective is just the start of a planned season of rip-roaring adventures full of mystery, humor and heart, all set in a felt-and-cardboard world populated by eclectic square-headed puppets.

On August 1st, Hapstance is launching a $49,000 crowdfunding campaign to finance production of a FOGTOWN television pilot and companion game. The campaign will run for a full month on Seed&Spark, a popular film and storytelling fundraising platform with an 80% success rate in supporting creative projects. Get a first glimpse of the project in the announcement video below.

About FOGTOWN

FOGTOWN stars the brilliant but easily distracted Sherblock, whose genius is rivaled only by his short attention span and zeal for exciting new challenges. Not just any old case is good enough for Sherblock: only the zaniest and most improbable crimes are worthy of his unparalleled intellect. Along for the ride is his faithful friend Blockson, with support (of a kind) from the misunderstood Chief Inspector LeFraude (Rizwan Manji, Schitt’s Creek, Peacemaker), the secretly-thrill-seeking landlady Mrs. Hud (Tricia Brioux, voice of the titular character in Robert Eggers’ The Witch), and many others performed by an acclaimed cast of actors with credits in TV, film and games.

Two FOGTOWN projects are in the early stages of development:

TV Pilot: The half-hour pilot episode sees Sherblock and Blockson joining forces to foil the mysterious Moth Napper (voiced by Stephen Russell of Thief, Skyrim and Dishonored 2 fame). Or whatever other absurd diversions arouse Sherblock’s interest instead. It will be made using a blend of old-school puppeteering and the same sort of virtual production technique used for The Mandalorian, with characters filmed in front of monitors displaying the finished environments. The completed episode will be used as a proof-of-concept pitch to television studios for further production of a full series.

Video Game: As an incentive for crowdfunding backers (and released in late 2023 to the general public on Steam for Windows, Mac and Linux), a short but highly replayable choice-driven interactive companion tale is being developed with its own wacky standalone mystery to solve. Players decide which branching paths to take, featuring special guest stars Dean Erickson (Gabriel Knight: The Beast Within), Lenval Brown (narrator of Disco Elysium), Paul Morgan Stetler (Phantasmagoria: A Puzzle of Flesh) and Rupert Booth (Contradiction, The Shapeshifting Detective).

Happy Gaming!

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Announcing Fogtown [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1278620
08/03/22 10:07 PM
08/03/22 10:07 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Offline
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
Thanks Ana!

Re: Announcing Fogtown [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1278645
08/04/22 11:42 AM
08/04/22 11:42 AM
Portland, OR
S
Sean_Parker Offline
Junior Boomer
Sean_Parker  Offline
Junior Boomer
S

Portland, OR
Thank you so much for sharing! I'm one of the project leads and so thrilled to be working on this. For many years, I've been a huge sucker for a well-crafted FMV game, and getting Dean Erickson and Rupert Booth onboard were at the top of my "dream casting" list from the get-go. Color me shocked when both said yes.

We are early in development, but will make some podcast appearances shortly to shed a little more light on what we're up to. In the meanwhile, you can see a visual proof-of-concept for the series and game here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0wAHQujB68

Re: Announcing Fogtown [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1278657
08/04/22 06:22 PM
08/04/22 06:22 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline OP
BrownEyedTigre  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
welcome Sean! It looks like fun!

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Announcing Fogtown [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1278800
08/06/22 11:14 AM
08/06/22 11:14 AM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Thank you, BrownEyedTigre grin

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: Announcing Fogtown [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1279089
08/10/22 12:06 PM
08/10/22 12:06 PM
Toronto
Singer Offline
Addicted Boomer
Singer  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Toronto
Hi all.

I’m involved in Fogtown too, although Sean and his incredibly talented team had already done most of the heavy lifting by the time I ever came aboard.

I encourage everyone to peruse all the new video content that has been released even since BrownEyed Tigre’s initial announcement: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm3EbJNmM6bQ2hfVqynnrKQ/videos

Even if you can’t or would rather not support the project financially, I bet you’ll get more laughs out of these videos alone than you do out of most full-fledged adventure games OR TV shows, and Fogtown is hoping to create both. Plus there are fun testimonials from some very familiar faces. smile

If you think this is something you’d like to see happen, the Seed&Spark crowdfunding page can be found here: https://www.fundfogtown.com

For those of you who had never heard of Seed&Spark before this (I hadn’t either), it’s a highly reputable platform similar to Kickstarter, but much more focused on film projects than games, with a much higher success rate and more actual funds going to the project creators.

The good news is, you don’t even need to register to pledge! (Although you do if you want updates.) The bonus good news is that Fogtown is an officially sponsored project of the Portland Art Museum's Center for an Untold Tomorrow, which means that for Americans (sorry, rest of the world), donations are tax deductible.

Anyway, we appreciate everyone taking the time to check it out, and all the better if you can help us spread the word. The fundraising is off to a solid start, but now begins the long, agonizing grind towards the end goal.

Co-founder, editor-in-chief of the Adventure Game Hotspot
Re: Announcing Fogtown [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1279090
08/10/22 12:16 PM
08/10/22 12:16 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
welcome to GameBoomers, Sean!

My very best wishes to you with this project. Getting Dean Erickson, Paul Stetler, and Rupert Booth on board is quite a coup! Consider me a groupie of the aforementioned. wink

And thank you for the additional information and links, Singer. I can see that there's a lot of great people involved in this and I sincerely hope it meets (and exceeds) its fundraising goal. I will spread the word where I can. smile

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Fogfighter), 264 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users