|
Pub Quiz Night - longer clip
#1295945
04/09/23 11:21 AM
04/09/23 11:21 AM
|
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 23,797 Bucks, England
Urban Worrier
OP
True Blue Boomer
|
OP
True Blue Boomer
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 23,797
Bucks, England
|
-1. The song featuring "warm woollen mittens" comes from which film? -2. In Roman mythology, what is the name of the goddess of the dawn? -3. Name the character played by Doug McClure in The Virginian -4. Undulant fever is another name for which infectious disease which affects farm animals? -5. In Jack London's book The Call of the Wild what is the name of the lead dog of the sled team that ran away to join a wolf pack? -6. What was the pen-name of Samuel Langhorne Clemens? -7. What sort of creature is a krait? -8. In the classification of organisms, what comes between order and genus? -9. Who was the first ruler of the Mongol Empire? -10. In which constellation is the group of stars known as The Plough or The Big Dipper? -11. In what year was the fall of the Berlin Wall? -12. This is a short clip from which piece of music?
To waste one second of one's life is a betrayal of one's self. I wonder what's on television...?
|
|
|
Re: Pub Quiz Night
[Re: Urban Worrier]
#1296206
04/13/23 09:10 AM
04/13/23 09:10 AM
|
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 23,797 Bucks, England
Urban Worrier
OP
True Blue Boomer
|
OP
True Blue Boomer
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 23,797
Bucks, England
|
Will give you a longer clip when I get home. It's classical, and for those in the UK, think Morecambe and Wise with Andy Preview...
To waste one second of one's life is a betrayal of one's self. I wonder what's on television...?
|
|
|
Re: Pub Quiz Night
[Re: Urban Worrier]
#1296238
04/14/23 04:30 AM
04/14/23 04:30 AM
|
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 23,797 Bucks, England
Urban Worrier
OP
True Blue Boomer
|
OP
True Blue Boomer
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 23,797
Bucks, England
|
It is a piano concerto Mad, but not Grieg...  Longer clip added
To waste one second of one's life is a betrayal of one's self. I wonder what's on television...?
|
|
|
Re: Pub Quiz Night
[Re: Urban Worrier]
#1296257
04/14/23 10:14 AM
04/14/23 10:14 AM
|
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 12,384 The Garden State
LadyKestrel
Adept Boomer
|
Adept Boomer
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 12,384
The Garden State
|
I think it might be a piano concerto by Grieg. I could confirm it if I could find my Finlandia album.
Oops! Never mind!
Last edited by LadyKestrel; 04/14/23 10:17 AM.
Books: The original hand-held devices
|
|
|
|
|