GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Help with "Theatre of the Absurd" ~ ??? #1299552
06/04/23 04:10 PM
06/04/23 04:10 PM
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

I'm replaying this old favorite and am stuck close to the end. I have repaired the Big Bell and am in the process of collecting Crystal Blossoms, of which I have three of five. Cannot find the other two, although I know they are related to a series of "plaques" that I have found.

I have the WT included in the game package but all it says is to LOOK AT THE PLAQUE IN THE ANNEX. There is a hot spot there, but it only identifies an issue without giving me a clue as to what I should do. I have only two items in Inventory and they have no impact on this "spot."

I have been wandering for the past two days without making any progress. I know this game probably is too old for anyone to remember specifics. This is just a stab at getting a nudge.

Re: Help with "Theatre of the Absurd" ~ ??? [Re: Reenie] #1299556
06/04/23 05:40 PM
06/04/23 05:40 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Online content
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Online Content
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Have you checked this WT?

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Help with "Theatre of the Absurd" ~ ??? [Re: Reenie] #1299557
06/04/23 06:06 PM
06/04/23 06:06 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
There is also a walkthrough on Gamezebo, should you need another one, which can be found here.

I should replay this game. I enjoyed it a lot when I first played it.

Re: Help with "Theatre of the Absurd" ~ ??? [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1299683
06/06/23 08:12 PM
06/06/23 08:12 PM
Reenie Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Reenie  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Thanks for responding! I have the CE version that comes with a full WT. I read through it carefully and seemed to have done everything I was supposed to do. That's why I was baffled.

As it turns out, I was "using" the hand gesture wrong (I'm not sure how that is even possible, since all you can do is click on the proper spot, but there you are: Game idiosyncrasies.) I left the game alone for a couple of days, to get over my frustration, and then went back and tried the hand gesture again. This time, it worked, weird as that sounds.

It was a very short ride from there to finishing the game. I now have the Bonus Play to look forward to tomorrow, when there will be time in my schedule.

Marian, you definitely should replay the game. It is so much more complex and interesting than 90% of the HOGs offered these days. No candy-colored stuff, great detail, intriguing puzzles.

Re: Help with "Theatre of the Absurd" ~ ??? [Re: Reenie] #1299686
06/06/23 08:44 PM
06/06/23 08:44 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Online sad
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Online Sad
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
I played this game several years ago and I know that I liked it a lot but I can't remember anything about it though. It is good to know you got past that area to finish the game.

I have just exited out of a game I'm playing where I am getting frustrated with a puzzle. The puzzle would not let me back out of it but I was able to exit the game. It is not a hard or bad puzzle (a dominoes type thing) but every time I try to place the pieces in one place they set themselves down in a different place, moving pieces I don't want moved and I have to re-find those pieces and reconstruct it again. It is not me; it is a very fussy puzzle. I've tried releasing the pieces over to the side or above/below but they still drop in the wrong places. ARGH! hardwall I will end up skipping it if this continues to happen when I go back in the game, and that will annoy me.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (oldbroad, Draclvr), 219 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users