GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
This Bed We Made Now Available #1308857
11/01/23 09:51 AM
11/01/23 09:51 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Launch of the Award-Winning Neo-Noir Mystery Game This Bed We Made.

Check out the game here.

Check out the official website here.

February 17, 1958. Sophie's shift at the Clarington Hotel begins like any other — until she opens the door to room 505 and a crimson light comes out...

About This Bed We Made

This Bed We Made is a third-person narrative mystery game offering a 4 to 6 hour gameplay experience that allows you to indulge your curiosity about the hidden lives of others. Take on the role of Sophie, a nosy chambermaid in the 1950s, and discover the sinister mystery that binds the hotel guests through the strange objects they bring on their travels.

Gameplay
💋 NEO-NOIR INVESTIGATION: Discover a dark, mysterious and intriguing story with a touch of glamour and murder as you explore three atmospheric floors of the Clarington Hotel;

💋 GUILTY PLEASURE: Explore your (in)discreet fascination with other peoples' lives while you inspect their belongings in 360° and solve puzzles;

💋 CONFIDENTIAL RELATIONSHIPS: Form intimate bonds with hotel employees and guests, including your choice of ally between street-smart Beth and book-smart Andrew;

💋 LIFELIKE CONSEQUENCES: Every action taken, and every door opened, can have an impact on how the story unfolds... including how you tidy up the rooms!

Happy Gaming!

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: This Bed We Made Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1308869
11/01/23 04:48 PM
11/01/23 04:48 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Online sad
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Online Sad
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
Thanks Ana!. Sounds interesting!

Re: This Bed We Made Now Available [Re: oldbroad] #1308934
11/02/23 03:51 PM
11/02/23 03:51 PM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Thank you, BrownEyedTigre smile

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: This Bed We Made Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1310557
11/29/23 10:26 PM
11/29/23 10:26 PM
Sweden
Mikael Offline
Addicted Boomer
Mikael  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Sweden
Has anybody else tried this? I finished it today, and have mixed feelings about it. The writing, the setting, and the voice acting were all top-notch. I do have some reservations about the gameplay though. The game was very easy, which I usually don't mind. I personally like easy games, and I think it's good that some games are easy and some are terribly difficult. But my gripe here was that the main character’s "inner voice" was telling you what to do (or at least giving a very obvious hint) if you lingered around too long without doing the ”right” thing. This behaviour (which I remember from some of the Cryo games) is just stressing and totally unnecessary. It could easily have been implemented as an optional hint system instead, for which it would have worked perfectly.

Re: This Bed We Made Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1310558
11/30/23 12:50 AM
11/30/23 12:50 AM
Chicago
oldbroad Online sad
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Online Sad
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
Sorry, still on my wishlist waiting for a much better price. One of the Steam reviews mentioned hitting the "q" key to get hints. How long is "too long" to linger? I don't like when a game nudges me or tells me what to do while I'm still looking around and trying to figure things out.

Re: This Bed We Made Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1310598
11/30/23 10:15 PM
11/30/23 10:15 PM
Sweden
Mikael Offline
Addicted Boomer
Mikael  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Sweden
Yes, ”Q” triggered Sophie’s (the main character’s) ”thoughts”. In some instances these were general comments about things we already knew about, which is fine, and has its place in almost all adventure games. Sometimes they were downright hints, telling the player what to do next. This is also totally fine of course, but it should have been explained in the game’s introductory tutorial that it actually is a hint system (well, sometimes it is). But regardless of that, those hints shouldn’t pop up spontaneously in any way whatsoever, which they, as I mention above, they did. Compare with how many games emphasize that you should only use their help systems if you’re REALLY stuck.

To answer your question, Oldbroad, I'm not exactly sure what triggered the spontaneous hints. I don’t think it was a timer, but rather doing specific things (that weren't the right thing), or going in the wrong direction.

Having said this, I certainly don’t want to bash the game, and the spontaneous hints didn't appear so many times when I played the game. It is, in many aspects, a unique game, and well worth buying. I think that your decision to wait for a price drop is a wise one though.

Re: This Bed We Made Now Available [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1310599
11/30/23 10:35 PM
11/30/23 10:35 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Online sad
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Online Sad
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
Thanks for the additional information, Mikael.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Uncle Reg, oldbroad, GamingPhreak), 594 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users