GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Lake: Season's Greetings Available Now #1309723
11/15/23 11:04 AM
11/15/23 11:04 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
To celebrate the release of Lake: Season’s Greetings, gift your friends or family Lake on PC at a discount this holiday season! From November 15 through 21, the base game will be available at a 60% discount on Steam and a 50% discount on the Epic Games Store. PlayStation players in Europe can also pick up Lake for PlayStation 4 and 5 for a 50% discount from November 15 to 29!

Also, in case you missed Lake the first time around, you’ll be able to pick up both games on Xbox and PlayStation as part of the Lake: Special Delivery Bundle! For Xbox Game Pass holders, the Lake: Special Delivery bundle (includes the base game and Season’s Greetings DLC) is 40% off.

The base game Lake is required to play this.

Check out the launch trailer here.

Check out the Lake official website here.

Make this a December to remember! Lake: Season’s Greetings takes place during 1985’s holiday season, one year before the original Lake game. Players take on the role of Thomas Weiss, an amiable mail carrier and father to Lake’s protagonist, Meredith Weiss. Changing the perspective from Meredith to her father, players will gain an understanding of the Weiss family dynamics and an insight into a snow-covered Providence Oaks from a long-time resident’s point of view. Not only will players learn more about the familiar faces they have grown to love from the main story, but Season’s Greetings introduces five completely new characters to the town of Providence Oaks, each with their very own storylines.

The DLC will also provide more background to some unanswered questions that were teased in Lake. Following the ideals of the base game, Season’s Greetings will continue to focus on slice-of-life themes and relaxing vibes, this time embedded in a comfy holiday setting. So curl up with some hot cocoa and a copy of Season’s Greetings because it isn’t Christmas until Thomas Weiss has delivered the holiday cheer.

Key features of Lake: Season’s Greetings include:
● Travel back to 1985 and discover what Providence Oaks was like before Meredith through the eyes of her father during the winter holiday.

● Enjoy a variety of after-work activities that include hanging with friends, staying in for a night of television, and going out like it’s 1985.

● Experience a branching story that doesn’t shy away from slice-of-life themes. Like life, there are no right or wrong answers.

Happy Gaming!

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Lake: Season's Greetings Available Now [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1309734
11/15/23 01:27 PM
11/15/23 01:27 PM
Orlando, Fl.
Orion Offline
Addicted Boomer
Orion  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Orlando, Fl.
Thank you Ana.

I been looking at Lake for some time now but have not purchased it. That ""Season's Greetings" DLC" comes with a lot of snow thumbsup With a 60% discount on Steam I'm thinking it could be time.

Steam's Lake

Humbles's - Did not find that DLC on Humble

EPIC's - Did not find that DLC on EPIC

Lake is not available on GOG

It's never too late!
Re: Lake: Season's Greetings Available Now [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1309749
11/15/23 02:32 PM
11/15/23 02:32 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Online sad
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Online Sad
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
Thanks Ana!

Re: Lake: Season's Greetings Available Now [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1309777
11/16/23 08:47 AM
11/16/23 08:47 AM
nyc
R
robedits Offline
Settled Boomer
robedits  Offline
Settled Boomer
R

nyc
FYI: the pre-quel DLC is as wonderful as the original game. If you haven't purchased BOTH, do so (very easy purchasing on Steam; not sure about GOG)! They're relatively inexpensive, don't take up a lot of space on your PC (compared to most new games, nowadays). Story is sweet and emotionally-driven, the voice acting first-rate, and the game is relatively easy. VERY relaxing game, and it LOOKS beautiful (full of life!): BOTH the original Lake and the Season's Greetings DLC are gorgeous games.
Plus: both games (original and DLC) allow one to save at will, anywhere you like! NO ONE does that anymore with any PC games, and it sure is a welcome feature for older gamers like me (us?).
Absolutely worthwhile gaming purchase, IMHO.

Last edited by robedits; 11/16/23 08:49 AM.
Re: Lake: Season's Greetings Available Now [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1309790
11/16/23 12:56 PM
11/16/23 12:56 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Online sad
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Online Sad
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
Thanks for your thoughts about the games, robedits! I do have the first one so I'm sure I'll pick up the DLC also. Love seeing all that snow in the games.

Re: Lake: Season's Greetings Available Now [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1309947
11/19/23 11:05 AM
11/19/23 11:05 AM
rural Oregon, USA
BeaSong Offline
Addicted Boomer
BeaSong  Offline
Addicted Boomer

rural Oregon, USA
Ohh, Looks fun!
Thank you, Ana!
Thank you, Robedits.

"Come Watson, the Game is afoot!"
www.ransomofatawallpa.com
Re: Lake: Season's Greetings Available Now [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1309948
11/19/23 11:17 AM
11/19/23 11:17 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Thanks, Ana! I remember 1985 well and would go there in a heartbeat. wave

Re: Lake: Season's Greetings Available Now [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1310034
11/20/23 12:04 PM
11/20/23 12:04 PM
nyc
R
robedits Offline
Settled Boomer
robedits  Offline
Settled Boomer
R

nyc
I wanted to share a review I wrote on the "Season's Greetings" Steam page, in case anyone was wondering about the game. I know we have REALLY GOOD reviewers here on GB, so I hope this mini-review isn't "innappropriate."
-----------------------------------
"Season's Greetings" is a wonderful prequel to "Lake", which I also loved. Great ending, too....so satisfying. Beautiful graphics, relaxing music soundtrack when the main character (one of many characters, by the way) makes his postal rounds (and you can also silence the radio in his truck if you don't WANT to hear the music and chatter, or if you tire of it). Very peaceful town; and it plays well in this very peaceful game!
Good storyline and marvelous voice acting. A few non-PG conversations, but few enough so that even your older kids can play this game.
So: simple mechanicsl, simple gameplay; overall a well optimized game. You'll need to have purchased the original "Lake" to install this, but I loved both games so much, now that I've completed the "Season's Greetings" prequel, I'm compelled to play "Lake" again! By the way: once you install the prequel, you can continue/access both games from the same menu. Another nice touch!
Some may find the dialogue and storyline (which takes place during the end of 1985) "corny". OK, maybe that's true. It's simple, but it's also well done. Heaven forbid there should be a "polite" game, nowadays. I mean, the story revolves around a man delivering mail, for goodness' sake, and the people he comes across, showing that it takes all types to make a village. There are a few adult topics covered (not dwelled upon, snowflakes...so don't worry, and don't pay attention to the "Steam trolls" :-) . Honestly, though: nothing offensive (IMHO).
-----Some nice "benefits" for adventure gamers to note:
-BOTH games are inexpensive and give a lot for the money (if you're into these kinds of easy-going games and aren't looking for a violent slashfest). Naturally, the original "Lake" lasts a bit longer than this prequel.
Also: if you think delivering mail (dropping packages or mail off at houses or in mailboxes), well: it's only part of the game, because the mailman has quite a few interactions with townsfolk, etc. as the storyline progresses. He can also get out of his postal truck to stop and smell the roses (or the snow?) along the way. More fun than you'd think....and the town surrounding the lake is HUGE.
-There is an in-game map ("M" key) to help you find places. Useful!
-Easy control scheme (I used KB/M only). I wasn't bothered by the fact that the game is 3rd person only. The camera also keeps up well with walking or driving changes-in-direction.
-Dialogue skipping is allowed, and there are plenty of dialogue options to choose from to see how things play out.
-You can save your game at ANY time (except during the final scene in the endgame, and that scene was SO worth the payoff that I didn't mind not being able to skip anything). How many games DON'T have this feature nowadays? Plus, the save slots seem to be endless, as you can recall different saved games if you wish, as well. Thanks, DEVs!
-A few gamers seemed to have experienced a few glitches (sound and/or grfx) during the prequel. I must have been lucky because I didn't have a single glitch. Smooth gameplay, controls, no hiccups,crashes, etc. Maybe I was lucky, but my PC is already 4 years old and by no means top of the line, and I was running grfx settings maxed out,so....
-As long as you meet the requirements, the game does NOT tax your system (at least didn't mine), despite all the wonderfully-alive, beautiful snowy environments, moving cars/characters/fauna (etc).
I gave the original "Lake" a 10/10. Same for this prequel!

Re: Lake: Season's Greetings Available Now [Re: robedits] #1310069
11/21/23 09:14 AM
11/21/23 09:14 AM
United Kingdom
Mad Offline
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline
Sonic Boomer

United Kingdom
Thank you, BrownEyedTigre smile

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Fogfighter, oldbroad), 539 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users