GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - need gamepad advice #1316655
03/03/24 01:35 PM
03/03/24 01:35 PM
united kingdom
safc Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
safc  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

united kingdom
Hi Guys

I've just downloaded this game and I have just realized that it is recommended that a game pad is used (should have checked the Steam Reviews) as using the keyboard requires the use of up to 4 to 6 keys at once mad, I found an old game pad I had from years ago but unfortunately, it doesn't work. I never played the original but this looks like a really cool game and I would like to play it, any recommendation for a game pad that will work on my PC, I have checked various sites but Xbox and Playstations are mentioned in the same context as being able to use on a PC. all help gratefully received

Cheers
SAFC

Old Adventures don't die they just forget to Save
Re: Need game pad advice [Re: safc] #1316668
03/03/24 04:32 PM
03/03/24 04:32 PM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Hi safc, I moved your post over to Glitches so that knowledgeable people can give you some advice about possible gamepads. wave

And my son, by the way, found this to be a very nice game. smile

Re: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - need game pad advice [Re: safc] #1316681
03/03/24 08:22 PM
03/03/24 08:22 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
Draclvr  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
First we have to define gamepad! That can be nothing more than a small separate keypad... I have one and used it for many years. What I saw mentioned at Steam is that it requires a controller. This is an example of a Logitech controller available at Amazon UK. I have one like it - one of these days I need to force myself to learn how to use it!

Logitech Controller

Once again, weeds are my life!
Re: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - need game pad advice [Re: Draclvr] #1316697
03/04/24 07:01 AM
03/04/24 07:01 AM
Good Ol' Blighty
Pugwash Offline
Shy Boomer
Pugwash  Offline
Shy Boomer

Good Ol' Blighty
Originally Posted by Draclvr
First we have to define gamepad! That can be nothing more than a small separate keypad... I have one and used it for many years. What I saw mentioned at Steam is that it requires a controller. This is an example of a Logitech controller available at Amazon UK. I have one like it - one of these days I need to force myself to learn how to use it!

Logitech Controller

I have exactly the same Logitech F310 gamepad too, bought new a few months ago from a seller on Ebay. You might even find one cheaper there than on Amazon. I've tried using it with the latest remastered version of Tomb Raider I_II_III and it's perfect once you've mastered the control buttons and triggers, without needing to reassign any of them. I find the tank control setting is the best way to go and more intuitive too, much better than struggling with a keyboard.

Re: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - need game pad advice [Re: safc] #1316721
03/04/24 10:03 AM
03/04/24 10:03 AM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Draclvr  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
Thanks for the input, Pugwash! I just finished Tomb Raider GOTY from 2013 with the keyboard and mouse and it worked great for me. But then I think I have the keyboard/mouse thing attached to my brain!

Re: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - need game pad advice [Re: Draclvr] #1316766
03/05/24 02:27 AM
03/05/24 02:27 AM
Good Ol' Blighty
Pugwash Offline
Shy Boomer
Pugwash  Offline
Shy Boomer

Good Ol' Blighty
Originally Posted by Draclvr
Thanks for the input, Pugwash! I just finished Tomb Raider GOTY from 2013 with the keyboard and mouse and it worked great for me. But then I think I have the keyboard/mouse thing attached to my brain!

Funny but I could never master using keyboard WASD/Direction keys and mouse together, unless it was for FPS games such as Half-Life when speed and shooting accuracy is required. Much prefer a gamepad where both hands are close together and buttons/joysticks/triggers are within easy reach of your fingers.

As I mentioned once before I still rely on an ancient Microsoft SideWinder Gamepad USB for playing fan-made Tomb Raider games from the TRLE website.

This one... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ja9M06OvWY&ab_channel=ByteSizeThoughts

Re: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - need game pad advice [Re: safc] #1316780
03/05/24 09:47 AM
03/05/24 09:47 AM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Draclvr  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
This GOTY required a lot of shooting speed and accuracy with different weapons. There were only 4, but 2 of them had multiple ammo options. I finished the third Metro game a couple of months ago and it all worked well there too. I think my elderly brain is just hard-wired for the keyboard and mouse now!

I must force myself to learn to use that Logitech controller or I'll never get through the Stray game though!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Draclvr 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 513 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users