GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room Lucky #13 [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1319305
04/10/24 02:55 AM
04/10/24 02:55 AM
Marlborough USA
Kaki's Sister Offline
Sonic Boomer
Kaki's Sister  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Marlborough USA
Good Morning and Welcome to Hump Day Lex, Fogfighter, Connie, hagatha, soot, Draclvr, Space Quest and everyone about join the break room gang! wave

Double dark Wide Awake is freshly brewed and waiting! thumbsup

My old car seems to been better for the repairs...time will tell. Our temps were in the 70s yesterday with a gentle breeze and sunshine! It was a perfect day. I so enjoyed it! spring

It will be cloudy today before the rain arrives later More rain forecast for Thursday and 2' of rain expected on Friday! But it sure was nice yesterday!

Have a great day everyone! yes

Gerry catrub

Gerry
Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room Lucky #13 [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1319307
04/10/24 03:09 AM
04/10/24 03:09 AM
Isle of Man
Lex Offline
Adept Boomer
Lex  Offline
Adept Boomer

Isle of Man
Good morning all! More rain here (as usual) but at least the wind has dropped...

A smile to get you going, and then some well chosen words to enjoy: catrub

THE STUDENT WHO OBTAINED 0% ON AN EXAM. (I wanted to give him 100%! Each answer is absolutely grammatically correct, and funny too)

Q1.. In which battle did Napoleon die?

*His last battle

Q2.. Where was the Declaration of Independence signed?

*At the bottom of the page

Q3.. River Ravi flows in which state?

*Liquid

Q4.. What is the main reason for divorce?

*Marriage

Q5.. What is the main reason for failure?

*Exams

Q6.. What can you never eat for breakfast?

*Lunch & dinner

Q7.. What looks like half an apple?

*The other half

Q8.. If you throw a red stone into the blue sea, what will it become?

*Wet

Q9.. How can a man go eight days without sleeping?

*No problem, he sleeps at night.

Q10. How can you lift an elephant with one hand?

*You will never find an elephant that has one hand.

Q11. If you had three apples and four oranges in one hand and four apples and three oranges in the other hand, what would you have?

*Very large hands

Q12. If it took eight men ten hours to build a wall, how long would it take four men to build it?

*No time at all, the wall is already built.

Q13. How can you drop a raw egg onto a concrete floor without cracking it?

*Any way you want, concrete floors are very hard to crack.

These sayings/insults are incredible gems from an era before the English language got boiled down to 4-letter words!

1. "He had delusions of adequacy. ” Walter Kerr

2. "He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.”- Winston Churchill

3. "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure. - Clarence Darrow

4. "He has never been known to use a word that might send a reader to the dictionary.”-William Faulkner (about Ernest Hemingway)

5. "Poor Faulkner. Does he really think big emotions come from big words?"- Ernest Hemingway (about William Faulkner)

6. "Thank you for sending me a copy of your book; I'll waste no time reading it.” - Moses Hadas

7. "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.” - Mark Twain

8. "He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends.” - Oscar Wilde

9. "I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend, if you have one.” -George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill

10. "Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second... if there is one.” - Winston Churchill, in response

11. "I feel so miserable without you; it's almost like having you here” - Stephen Bishop

12. "He is a self-made man and worships his creator.” - John Bright

13. "I've just learned about his illness. Let's hope it's nothing trivial.” - Irvin S. Cobb

14. "He is not only dull himself; he is the cause of dullness in others.” - Samuel Johnson

15. "He is simply a shiver looking for a spine to run up. - Paul Keating

16. "He loves nature in spite of what it did to him.” - Forrest Tucker

17. "Why do you sit there looking like an envelope without any address on it?” - Mark Twain

18. "His mother should have thrown him away and kept the stork.” - Mae West

19. "Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.” - Oscar Wilde

20. "He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for support rather than illumination.” - Andrew Lang (1844-1912)

21. "He has Van Gogh's ear for music.” - Billy Wilder

22. "I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But I'm afraid this wasn't it.” - Groucho Marx

23. The exchange between Winston Churchill & Lady Astor: She said, "If you were my husband I'd give you poison." He said, "If you were my wife, I'd drink it."

24. "He can compress the most words into the smallest idea of any man I know." - Abraham Lincoln

25. "There's nothing wrong with you that reincarnation won't cure." -- Jack E. Leonard

26. "They never open their mouths without subtracting from the sum of human knowledge." -- Thomas Brackett Reed

27. "He inherited some good instincts from his Quaker forebears, but by diligent hard work, he overcame them." -- James Reston (about Richard Nixon) —Robert L Truesdel

Last edited by Lex; 04/10/24 03:09 AM.

Life is what happens while you're making other plans.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room Lucky #13 [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1319321
04/10/24 07:10 AM
04/10/24 07:10 AM
winter springs fl.
connie Offline
Graduate Boomer
connie  Offline
Graduate Boomer

winter springs fl.
God morning, Danish, Donuts and Bagels in the break Room. Music Bingo at the Eagles tonight. Enjoy the day and hug someone. hug spring

Connie
Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room Lucky #13 [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1319326
04/10/24 08:08 AM
04/10/24 08:08 AM
Alabama
soot Offline
Puzzled Moderator
soot  Offline
Puzzled Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Good morning Gerry, Hagatha, Fogfighter, Draclvr, OldBroad, Marian, Connie, Lex, Mad, Ana and everyone who gets the chance to pop in for coffee, Bagels and a chat. We've got rain headed our way too Gerry. Lex, thanks for the smiles this morning. Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone.
[Linked Image]

Dan
To learn, read...To know, write...To master, teach...To live, play games & listen to whale music Stay Smart & Stay Safe
Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room Lucky #13 [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1319336
04/10/24 09:22 AM
04/10/24 09:22 AM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
Draclvr  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
Grabbing some coffee and heading back down to the horse rescue to do another school tour this morning. Second graders from St. Louis city I think. Hope we get this walking tour in before it rains!

Once again, weeds are my life!
Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room Lucky #13 [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1319341
04/10/24 12:34 PM
04/10/24 12:34 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Online sad
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Online Sad
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
I hope you all are enjoying your Wednesday! wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room Lucky #13 [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1319343
04/10/24 01:02 PM
04/10/24 01:02 PM
Stockholm
F
Fogfighter Offline
Settled Boomer
Fogfighter  Offline
Settled Boomer
F

Stockholm
So far so good! smile

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room Lucky #13 [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1319376
04/11/24 06:48 AM
04/11/24 06:48 AM
winter springs fl.
connie Offline
Graduate Boomer
connie  Offline
Graduate Boomer

winter springs fl.
Good morning, Danish, Donuts and Bagels in the Break Room. Stormy day here today. Enjoy the day and hug someone. hug hearts

Connie
Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room Lucky #13 [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1319378
04/11/24 06:58 AM
04/11/24 06:58 AM
Marlborough USA
Kaki's Sister Offline
Sonic Boomer
Kaki's Sister  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Marlborough USA
Good Morning Connie and everyone. I'm a little late...fresh brewed double dark Wide Awake Coffee is almost ready! wave

Have a great day! spring

Gerry catrub

Gerry
Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room Lucky #13 [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1319393
04/11/24 11:56 AM
04/11/24 11:56 AM
Chicago
oldbroad Online sad
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Online Sad
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
Pretty empty here in the break room today. I'll join you for a cup of that coffee. I hope you all have a great Thursday!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room Lucky #13 [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1319419
04/12/24 04:23 AM
04/12/24 04:23 AM
Marlborough USA
Kaki's Sister Offline
Sonic Boomer
Kaki's Sister  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Marlborough USA
Good Morning everyone and Welcome to Friday! wave Wide Awake double dark brew awaits to start your day!

We have another raining start to the day...already 1' of rain and more to come! smirk

Hope you all see some sun shine today! Enjoy your day! spring

Gerry catrub

Gerry
Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room Lucky #13 [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1319421
04/12/24 06:42 AM
04/12/24 06:42 AM
winter springs fl.
connie Offline
Graduate Boomer
connie  Offline
Graduate Boomer

winter springs fl.
Good morning, Danish, Donuts and Bagels in the Break Room. Karaoke with friends tonight at Hacienda. Enjoy the day and hug someone. hug hearts

Connie
Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room Lucky #13 [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1319422
04/12/24 07:00 AM
04/12/24 07:00 AM
Stockholm
F
Fogfighter Offline
Settled Boomer
Fogfighter  Offline
Settled Boomer
F

Stockholm
DDWAB. Just what's needed to start a new Friday. No rain today but cloudy. Today it's time to revive an ancient laptop I got from a friend who gave up on it and bought a new one smashpc Windows crashed and recovery DVD long lost. Managed to make it start with Linux (openSUSE) smile. Will today install an SSD for better speed and storage.

Happy Friday GameBoomers! wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room Lucky #13 [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1319426
04/12/24 07:46 AM
04/12/24 07:46 AM
Alabama
soot Offline
Puzzled Moderator
soot  Offline
Puzzled Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Good morning everyone. The strong coffee is a must today Gerry...hope you get the chance to walk later today. I'm for donuts this morning Gerry...have fun at Hacienda tonight. Good luck with your laptop revival Fogfighter...that can be fun. Looking forward to a less busy day today...got a grocery run for starters and then...time will tell wink

TGIF have a great day everyone
[Linked Image]

Dan
To learn, read...To know, write...To master, teach...To live, play games & listen to whale music Stay Smart & Stay Safe
Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room Lucky #13 [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1319436
04/12/24 09:15 AM
04/12/24 09:15 AM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Draclvr  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
Good Friday morning! Had too many things going on yesterday and noticed the break room was very quiet!

Going to enjoy my DDWAB this morning and hen head out to mow later this morning. It's chilly, but not bad... but the wind is blowing like mad which makes it kind of miserable. Hopefully, it only takes about 3 hours today.

Got new hearing aids yesterday. My old ones were from 10 years ago and the advances made in that time are amazing! No more teeny little batteries! And everything can be controlled in an app on my phone. So far I really like them. Because of a severe case of measles when I was little, I am virtually deaf in my right ear. No measles vaccine 70 years ago! And with the normal age-related hearing loss in my other ear, it was a pain to try to hear much of anything! I can even talk on the phone through them which will be amazing. Now I need to figure out how to stream sound from my computer to them...

Have fun with your laptop resurrection, Fogfight. I always enjoy those challenges. Linux can be a lifesaver for getting a computer to boot up.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room Lucky #13 [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1319456
04/12/24 12:46 PM
04/12/24 12:46 PM
Chicago
oldbroad Online sad
Graduate Boomer
oldbroad  Online Sad
Graduate Boomer

Chicago
Good afternoon everybody!

Drac, I don't know how you do it, keeping up with all the modern technology. I pray I never have to purchase anything that requires apps or digital upgrades or is called "smart" anything. I am very old fashioned that way and my brain does not want to learn anything more than it already knows, even though it has been weeding out some stuff it used to know wink . I never had measles but I'm pretty sure I was vaccinated for school. There's an uprise in measles going on now, at least here in Chicago.

Have a wonderful Friday all!

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room Lucky #13 [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1319463
04/12/24 02:23 PM
04/12/24 02:23 PM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Draclvr  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
Oldbroad, I even showed my husband who is does not want to learn ANYTHING with new technology how to manage his hearing aids with the app on his phone! He can now change the settings and everything. His favorite thing is talking on the phone with them because he can actually hear something! We both had old "dumb" hearing aids and they were a HUGE pain to do anything with. These are so easy and we actually love them. We both hated out old dumb ones.

Yeah, measles is such a dangerous disease, it is one of those immunizations required for school. I was so sick with such a dangerously high temperature the doctor actually came to the house. A little girl I didn't know in our little farming community died from the measles. I remember being so scared I was going to die too. That fever is what severely damaged the nerves for my hearing.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room Lucky #13 [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1319465
04/12/24 02:49 PM
04/12/24 02:49 PM
Alabama
soot Offline
Puzzled Moderator
soot  Offline
Puzzled Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Grocery shopping successful and a quick gardening project to provide supports for our sunflowers. Mission complete for the day.
woot
Have a wonderful afternoon everyone [Linked Image]

Dan
Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room Lucky #13 [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1319485
04/13/24 03:37 AM
04/13/24 03:37 AM
Marlborough USA
Kaki's Sister Offline
Sonic Boomer
Kaki's Sister  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Marlborough USA
Good Morning Connie, soot, oldbroad, Draclvr, Fogfighter, hagatha, and everyone. waveWide Awake double Dark brew awaits to start your day. thumbsup

No walk yesterday...it rained all day...almost 2 inches and more coming today and tomorrow. Hope to get some groceries this morning early...need to get my car out...it still "chatters" a little. Mechanic said it needs to run more to get the air out of the "system"...I had the power steering pump replaced and apparently there is air in the fluid so running it should get it out...at least that is what he said.

Have a great day! spring

Gerry catrub

Gerry
Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room Lucky #13 [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1319489
04/13/24 07:10 AM
04/13/24 07:10 AM
Stockholm
F
Fogfighter Offline
Settled Boomer
Fogfighter  Offline
Settled Boomer
F

Stockholm
DDWAB was again a lifesaver. Thanx Gerry.

Thanx for encouragement Draclvr and Soot, The re-animated laptop seems to run well now. Managed to make it connect to internet with wifi. The SSD sure boosted the speed but this Windows Vista era laptop is of course pretty slow anyway. Still useful for testing purposes. I have some Linux projects I hope to be able to share one day..

Good to hear you can hear well again Dracvlr. Sometimes tech can be amazingly helpful.

Over here pretty dull weather. Cloudy but no rain or snow.

Happy Saturday everyone!

wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room Lucky #13 [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1319490
04/13/24 07:13 AM
04/13/24 07:13 AM
winter springs fl.
connie Offline
Graduate Boomer
connie  Offline
Graduate Boomer

winter springs fl.
Good morning, Danish, Donuts and Bagels in the Break Room. A trip to Costco is on the agenda today. Karaoke at the Eagles tonight. Enjoy the day and hug someone. hug spring

Connie
Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room Lucky #13 [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1319497
04/13/24 09:42 AM
04/13/24 09:42 AM
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Draclvr  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Near St. Louis, MO
Good Saturday morning! My goodness, Gerry, it sounds like your are going to just float away out there! We got some nice slow rain early last week and I was able to mow yesterday. It was still muddy in places and my wheels were spinning a couple of times!

Supposed to be in the mid-80s for several days, so my goal is to get all the perennial beds cleaned out and fertilized.

Saw my first hummingbird at the feeder this morning! I think they have been here before and I just never saw them. These are all what I call "travelers" just flying through to their summer breeding spots. I can always tell when my "resident" flock comes back - they buzz me if I'm outside!

But first a little down time with Gerry's coffee to start my day.

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room Lucky #13 [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1319498
04/13/24 09:45 AM
04/13/24 09:45 AM
Alabama
soot Offline
Puzzled Moderator
soot  Offline
Puzzled Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Good morning Gerry, Hagatha, Fogfighter, Draclvr, OldBroad, Marian, Connie, Lex, Mad, Ana and everyone who gets the chance to pop in for coffee, Bagels and a chat. My weekly Saturday morning chore is complete and now I'm off to chip away at other projects. Gerry, be safe while you're out and about for groceries...hope the 'chatter' bleeds out. Have fun at karaoke tonight Connie. Hope sunshine visits you soon Fogfighter.
Have a wonderful Saturday everyone. [Linked Image]

Dan
Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room Lucky #13 [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1319501
04/13/24 10:43 AM
04/13/24 10:43 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Wishing everyone a pleasant Saturday! wave

Re: Welcome to GameBoomers Break Room Lucky #13 [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1319502
04/13/24 10:56 AM
04/13/24 10:56 AM
B.C. Canada
hagatha Offline
BAAG Specialist
hagatha  Offline
BAAG Specialist

B.C. Canada
Good morning all, and a lovely morning it is!

My hanging basket fuchsia is about to bloom and I'm expecting to see more hummingbirds. I've got it hanging very high over the waterfall so intrepid cats can't lurk underneath. The garden has been tidied up and the sprinkler system tuned up and turned on. The landscaping contractor noted that where I have dead shrubs there is almost no water, so I'm having the system expanded a bit, just to make sure every plant gets water.

I did my Costco run on Wednesday. I felt like having a nice long drive so I went north to the Comox Costco instead of heading into Nanaimo. I went for a coffee but my favourite coffee shop in Comox is now permanently closed, which is a drag. I was looking forward to it.

Today I'm cleaning the last of the leaves from last year and putting down some fertilizer and giving my Rhodos a coffee-grounds boost. Then it's on to cleaning up my outdoor carpet and seat covers. I am looking forward to having my morning coffee on the patio when the weather warms up a bit more.

Draclvr, my sister and I also contracted measles when we were children. We had to stay in bed in the dark, I recall. Neither of us had any severe outcome, fortunately. We also had the mumps. A couple of years later the immunizations started in our schools.

Last edited by hagatha; 04/13/24 11:02 AM.

I think I'm quite ready for another adventure.
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (oldbroad, Koala), 174 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users