GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry) #133587
03/15/03 09:56 PM
03/15/03 09:56 PM
Texas
nickie Offline
Grand wizard of high mucky muck
nickie  Offline
Adept Boomer

Texas
Thanks, Thorun! Norma, the blade with freeze will work better against Josephina then the singing sword (sorry Singer). See if you can't take the black potion, get right next to her,then hit her with the freeze blade so she can't conjure anything, and then hit her with a blind spell. Do you have anything like hail? That's what I used, but I first had to get her stopped, and freezing her with that blade is probably the easiest way. Then keep hitting her with that spell, or keep hacking away at her - just keep trying, because you'll do it. Try and see what happens, and we'll go from there, ok?
There is a door from the sewers that you can't open - it goes into the castle.
As far as not getting credit on the grain quest - may be a bug, or could be that you didn't talk to the people in the order the game wanted you to.
About leveling up in blind - see how it works for you at the level you have first. As a wizard I maxed the disc spell, and it worked great, and is really fun to watch. But it doesn't work at lower levels very well. Disc is different though, when you have it at the highest level, it covers more ground.
You can of course, save over your saves. I gave that advice to Ingie who was just starting - if you find out you've made a mistake, you can't go back and redo it as easily if you have saved over it several times.

"How could drops of water know themselves to be a river? Yet the river flows on."
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry) #133588
03/15/03 10:52 PM
03/15/03 10:52 PM
CA
Norma Offline
Addicted Boomer
Norma  Offline
Addicted Boomer

CA
Thanks so much Thorun and Nickie. Can't wait to get home to try your suggestions. I don't have disc, but have hail. I will add discs and more hail. I will also do the holy grail/holy water quest and level up with the wishing well so can have more points. I haven't tried zipping the file. I can probably save it to a cd and send it.
How many points should I put in constitution?

Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry) #133589
03/16/03 03:58 AM
03/16/03 03:58 AM
Texas
nickie Offline
nickie  Offline
Adept Boomer

Texas
If I were you, I would put everything into intelligence, since you're playing as a wizard, but no doubt other people will have different ideas. But your intelligence points aren't very high, and you need more to do more spells.

"How could drops of water know themselves to be a river? Yet the river flows on."
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry) #133590
03/16/03 10:39 PM
03/16/03 10:39 PM
Kent, WA
Stitchman Offline
Adept Boomer
Stitchman  Offline
Adept Boomer

Kent, WA
Quote:
There is also a place where it looks like I should get in, but can't. It is a room in the sewers of Verditis that has two iron type gates but neither of them open. Have you seen that room?
Norma: Is that the room that has some treasure chests in it? If so, you can get in it. You need to have both teleporters on you, place one on the ground in front of the gate and throw the other one beyond the gate. Be careful of one of the treasure chests, it seems to permanently turn you into an animal (I believe a frog). Unlike the statuettes, you can not turn back into human form and thus cannot escape this room, so if you want to try it, be sure to save before hand.

The saves in this game compress greatly, about 75% compression. Since there are unlimited saves, I would advise you to never write over a save (it can sometimes cause save file corruption problems) . If you don't have enough room becaause of the huge size, either delete, compress or put on the saves on a CD-R.

Re: Divine Divinity-New Thread (sorry) #133591
03/16/03 11:05 PM
03/16/03 11:05 PM
CA
Norma Offline
Addicted Boomer
Norma  Offline
Addicted Boomer

CA
Thanks Nickie and Stichman.

Yes that is the room in the sewers with the chests. I have several cat, frog, and spider statues but haven't tried changing into them yet.
I will go back and get my other teleporter stone and level up more in magic. smile

Norma

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (flotsam, 1 invisible), 261 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users