GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Gothic 3 #1373154
08/27/26 10:06 AM
08/27/26 10:06 AM
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 36,988
United Kingdom
Mad Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 36,988
United Kingdom
I've started a replay of Gothic 3 - an oldie I enjoy very much.
And I'm having brilliant fun 😁

Had to eventually give up on Gothic 1 Remake .... Although I liked it.
it was just too difficult. And the change of engine for the new production prohibits any kind of cheats 😒


Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: Gothic 3 [Re: Mad] #1373158
08/27/26 10:21 AM
08/27/26 10:21 AM
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 9,576
Canada
hagatha Offline
BAAG Specialist
hagatha  Offline
BAAG Specialist

Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 9,576
Canada
I started Gothic 3 three times and every time I had a technical problem that warranted abandoning the game. It's a lot of fun, though, like all the Gothics. It's one of those "someday I'll finish it" games on my list.

Enjoy!


I think I'm quite ready for another adventure.
Re: Gothic 3 [Re: Mad] #1373160
08/27/26 10:23 AM
08/27/26 10:23 AM
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 53,959
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 53,959
near Yosemite
Have a continued great time with it, Mad! wave

I looked to see if there were any cheats for the Gothic 1 remake and came up with the following:

Fling Trainer

This seems to be the one that people are using and recommending if you ever wish to give it another go.


Re: Gothic 3 [Re: Marian] #1373165
08/27/26 11:22 AM
08/27/26 11:22 AM
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 36,988
United Kingdom
Mad Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 36,988
United Kingdom
Hi Marian.

Yes, I found a trainer myself - and thank you for YOUR link as well 👍

I’ve used them in the past but am not so keen these days.

However, no doubt if I get desperate enough I’ll give one a go 🤭)

thanks Mad.

(Maybe your new computer will solve all that, hagatha 😉)



Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: Gothic 3 [Re: Mad] #1373427
08/31/26 12:41 PM
08/31/26 12:41 PM
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 36,988
United Kingdom
Mad Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 36,988
United Kingdom
I was doing really well until I reached the "buggy" Kill the Black Mage quest mad

[It was buggy in the original version but I did eventually manage to complete the quest.]

However, in this enhanced version he just never shows up !!

I'm supposed to follow him to a cave outside of town, where he sleeps, and then kill him.
But he never shows up to be followed.
I did find the cave by myself so waited in it, hoping he would arrive later, but he never did.
So now I don't know if I can complete the game - without having killed him headscratch

Last edited by Mad; 08/31/26 12:42 PM.

Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: Gothic 3 [Re: Mad] #1373429
08/31/26 01:13 PM
08/31/26 01:13 PM
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 53,959
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 53,959
near Yosemite
Google told me this:

To fix the bug where the black mage never shows up in Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods, you must completely exhaust all dialogue options with every single NPC in Trelis (especially Randolph and the other 3 orcs) before returning to Inog in Geldern to trigger the quest properly.

You have probably done this already?

Re: Gothic 3 [Re: Marian] #1373439
08/31/26 04:38 PM
08/31/26 04:38 PM
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 36,988
United Kingdom
Mad Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 36,988
United Kingdom
Thanks for that, Marian 👍

I have already spent hours talking to loads of “named” NPCs in Trellis but don’t know if I’ve exhausted absolutely every dialogue option with every single one of them rolleyes

And I will definitely need a lie down before I attempt the feat again !! lol

But I’ll just have to give it a go, won’t I crazy


Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: Gothic 3 [Re: Mad] #1373443
08/31/26 05:48 PM
08/31/26 05:48 PM
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 53,959
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 53,959
near Yosemite
Good luck, Mad! smile

Re: Gothic 3 [Re: Marian] #1373460
09/01/26 06:50 AM
09/01/26 06:50 AM
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 36,988
United Kingdom
Mad Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 36,988
United Kingdom
Thanks, Marian smile

Well, I’m en route, but haven’t found anyone with anything different to say yet.

If this tactic fails, I might just concede defeat and start the “original” game instead ….

I would like to do a complete play through of the story !!


Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: Gothic 3 [Re: Mad] #1373502
09/01/26 03:48 PM
09/01/26 03:48 PM
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 36,988
United Kingdom
Mad Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 36,988
United Kingdom
Hi.

Yahoo !! Completed the Black Mage quest yay

I traipsed round everywhere again but couldn't initiate ANY new conversations with ANYBODY and was at a total loss as to what else to try - but after a sleep in a vacant bed and yet another walk round (in daylight this time) I suddenly came across the Black Mage in a room I'd been in dozens of time before. But one which had always been empty !!
So what triggered that I have no idea rolleyes

Anyway, I immediately went back to the bed I'd only recently left, slept till midnight, and there he suddenly was .. just asking to be followed lol .. and to be dealt that lethal blow after a VERY satisfying fight devil


Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: Gothic 3 [Re: Mad] #1373505
09/01/26 04:28 PM
09/01/26 04:28 PM
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 53,959
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 53,959
near Yosemite
That is wonderful news, Mad! So happy to hear it. happydance

Re: Gothic 3 [Re: Mad] #1373507
09/01/26 04:31 PM
09/01/26 04:31 PM
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 22,284
Near St. Louis, MO
Draclvr Offline
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
Draclvr  Offline
Reviews Editor - Hints/Glitches Mod - Site Support
True Blue Boomer

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 22,284
Near St. Louis, MO
Yay, Mad! Make note of that somewhere, so you can remember next time you play Gothic 3!


When life gives you tomatoes, make Bloody Marys.
Re: Gothic 3 [Re: Draclvr] #1373520
09/01/26 08:00 PM
09/01/26 08:00 PM
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 36,988
United Kingdom
Mad Offline OP
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 36,988
United Kingdom
Thank you, both 🙂

Draclvr ….
I will be doing that but it certainly didn’t happen like that the last time I played the game so I’m not sure it will next time either 🙃


Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Trail_Mystic 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 239 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
mb47, Bleumoooon, Cantillon, Majestic_12, Adverb
9443 Registered Users
Powered by UBB.threads™