GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: What Adventure are you Playing? Part 2 [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1373776
09/05/26 06:58 PM
09/05/26 06:58 PM
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 17,940
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 17,940
Upper Arlington, Ohio
oldbroad I think I'm done with Riven. Nothing wrong with the game. I just enjoy more character interaction than this game has.


It's nice to be important but it is much more important to be nice.
Re: What Adventure are you Playing? Part 2 [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1373780
09/05/26 07:05 PM
09/05/26 07:05 PM
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 24,594
Chicago
oldbroad Offline
True Blue Boomer
oldbroad  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 24,594
Chicago
Ah, got it! I'm a loner and a hermit so I'm used to having no other character interaction grin .

Re: What Adventure are you Playing? Part 2 [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1373796
09/06/26 07:39 AM
09/06/26 07:39 AM
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 17,940
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 17,940
Upper Arlington, Ohio
LOL lol oldbroad.


It's nice to be important but it is much more important to be nice.
Re: What Adventure are you Playing? Part 2 [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1374517
09/17/26 12:29 AM
09/17/26 12:29 AM
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 24,594
Chicago
oldbroad Offline
True Blue Boomer
oldbroad  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 24,594
Chicago
I finally finished Nancy Drew: The Captive Curse with help from a walkthrough.

I think I am going to try Nikopol: Secrets of the Immortals next even though the review mentions timed puzzles and dying.

Re: What Adventure are you Playing? Part 2 [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1374684
09/18/26 09:41 PM
09/18/26 09:41 PM
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 24,594
Chicago
oldbroad Offline
True Blue Boomer
oldbroad  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 24,594
Chicago
Well, I haven't gotten very far yet and am using the walkthrough already. Too nerve-wracking to just keep trying over and over to figure out what to do in the time allowed. You cannot even exit to the main screen. Fortunately, the Windows key works so I was able to get to the walkthrough. Still in Chapter 1 and it is really not a long chapter at all. I'll have to play this game in spurts.

Re: What Adventure are you Playing? Part 2 [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1374750
09/20/26 09:54 AM
09/20/26 09:54 AM
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 53,974
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 53,974
near Yosemite
That sounds very much like what I have read about the game, ob. I think I would be very discouraged in short order but maybe there is also something worthwhile in it.

Congrats on finishing Captive Curse!

I started the original Black Mirror yesterday. I have played and finished it twice over the years and was ready for a replay.

Re: What Adventure are you Playing? Part 2 [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1375140
09/25/26 03:30 PM
09/25/26 03:30 PM
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 17,940
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Space Quest Fan Offline
Graduate Boomer
Space Quest Fan  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 17,940
Upper Arlington, Ohio
I really like Black Mirror Marian. Have fun.


It's nice to be important but it is much more important to be nice.
Re: What Adventure are you Playing? Part 2 [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1375150
09/25/26 08:12 PM
09/25/26 08:12 PM
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 36,999
United Kingdom
Mad Online happy
Sonic Boomer
Mad  Online Happy
Sonic Boomer

Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 36,999
United Kingdom
Happy Times, Marian !! YEAH 👍👍👍


Time : The Most Precious Commodity
Re: What Adventure are you Playing? Part 2 [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1375153
09/25/26 09:14 PM
09/25/26 09:14 PM
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 53,974
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 53,974
near Yosemite
Such a great series! smile

Re: What Adventure are you Playing? Part 2 [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1375155
09/25/26 09:51 PM
09/25/26 09:51 PM
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 24,594
Chicago
oldbroad Offline
True Blue Boomer
oldbroad  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 24,594
Chicago
Yes, it is a great series. I am always feeling so torn about what to play. I sometimes want to replay old games that I know I liked but there are so many old games I never played as well as new games and I wish I could just play them all. For some reason though, I just don't seem to get into the Adventures so much as I do the Casuals. Not that I like the casuals better; I think they're just easier to play and I need easier these days. Anyway...

I finished Nikopol tonight. It's a pretty short game, probably even if you don't use the walkthrough as much as I did. I played a good portion by myself but mostly I didn't really understand the game too much. I still found it interesting though and am glad I finally played it.

I'm thinking another old unplayed game next: The Next Big Thing.

Re: What Adventure are you Playing? Part 2 [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1375171
09/26/26 09:58 AM
09/26/26 09:58 AM
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 899
New Jersey Shore
sureshot Offline
Settled Boomer
sureshot  Offline
Settled Boomer

Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 899
New Jersey Shore
Hey folks..

I trust all is well with everyone !! I usually hang up my mouse during summer - I am outdoors much of the time.. Anyway - Thought I would get back into it so I got Dimhaven and just started it. So far - it looks ok after about half hour of play even though the graphics are a bit "dated". But it is a Puzzle Adventure so on we go !

It is good to be back !! wave


It's not the years honey, it's the mileage!
Re: What Adventure are you Playing? Part 2 [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1375179
09/26/26 12:02 PM
09/26/26 12:02 PM
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 24,594
Chicago
oldbroad Offline
True Blue Boomer
oldbroad  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 24,594
Chicago
Good to see you, sureshot! Come back and let us know how you like Dimhaven. I haven't purchased it yet, but will.

Re: What Adventure are you Playing? Part 2 [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1375181
09/26/26 02:02 PM
09/26/26 02:02 PM
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 357
Athens, Greece
alkis21 Offline
Settled Boomer
alkis21  Offline
Settled Boomer

Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 357
Athens, Greece
I am playing Red Comrades Save the Galaxy: Reloaded. It's very atmospheric because it's in Russian (with English subtitles)!


Alkis Polyrakis
Developer of The Other Side of the Wall
Re: What Adventure are you Playing? Part 2 [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1375184
09/26/26 02:49 PM
09/26/26 02:49 PM
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 24,594
Chicago
oldbroad Offline
True Blue Boomer
oldbroad  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 24,594
Chicago
I've looked at those Red Comrades games multiple times but have not purchased them. They look fun though.

Re: What Adventure are you Playing? Part 2 [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1375492
6 hours ago
6 hours ago
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 899
New Jersey Shore
sureshot Offline
Settled Boomer
sureshot  Offline
Settled Boomer

Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 899
New Jersey Shore
I have been playing Dimhaven for a while now.. and I am actually enjoying it even though the graphics should be much better given that the game is from same developer as Quern !

But It is a puzzle adventure and there is a lot of exploring and there is a story line so I will continue on.


It's not the years honey, it's the mileage!
Re: What Adventure are you Playing? Part 2 [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1375495
5 hours ago
5 hours ago
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 24,594
Chicago
oldbroad Offline
True Blue Boomer
oldbroad  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 24,594
Chicago
Good to know, sureshot.

I am playing The Next Big Thing. It's okay, sort of weird, and a little too much talking for me, however, I don't believe you actually have to have all the conversations, just some of them. The use of the word "dis-concerting" is already annoying to me and I am only in Chapter 2.

Re: What Adventure are you Playing? Part 2 [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1375497
5 hours ago
5 hours ago
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 53,974
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 53,974
near Yosemite
I am playing Nancy Drew: The Haunted Carousel. I have played this several times and every so often I feel like playing it again. smile

Re: What Adventure are you Playing? Part 2 [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1375498
5 hours ago
5 hours ago
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 24,594
Chicago
oldbroad Offline
True Blue Boomer
oldbroad  Offline
True Blue Boomer

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 24,594
Chicago
Good to go with what you're feeling like playing! Enjoy the game again, Marian!

Are you going to continue the Black Mirror series?

Last edited by oldbroad; 5 hours ago.
Re: What Adventure are you Playing? Part 2 [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #1375501
5 hours ago
5 hours ago
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 53,974
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 53,974
near Yosemite
I certainly am. Just taking a break after having finished the first game. smile

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (OrleansBelle, Mad, rtrooney), 332 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
mb47, Bleumoooon, Cantillon, Majestic_12, Adverb
9443 Registered Users
Powered by UBB.threads™