GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Stuff AND Things #138304
06/02/04 02:44 AM
06/02/04 02:44 AM
Sheffield
A
Anastasia Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Anastasia  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
A

Sheffield
Dear Genius,
This is a question which has been annoying me for a while now... How do you go about finding voice actors?
I have been preoccupied with the idea of doing voices for computer games since the age of about 7. I have done a lot of theatre work but I'm assuming you have to be experienced in other mediums too...
How exactly do you get invloved?
Oo, oo!
How do you decide on storylines and stuff? I've had this fantasy about having an adventure game in which you are trying to uncover the mystery of Anastasia Romanov's disappearance - Yes, Anastasia is my username because I'm completely obsessed by her, not because it's actually my name...
Ok, I'm going to leave you in peace now smile
Thanks for reading this long, scarily obsessive message.

"A child of 5 could understand this. Fetch me a child of 5!" - Groucho Marx
Re: Stuff AND Things #138305
06/02/04 02:59 AM
06/02/04 02:59 AM
Yorkshire
Diamond Offline
Settled Boomer
Diamond  Offline
Settled Boomer

Yorkshire
For BSTSD, we found our voice director first and used another company to sort out contracts. Between them they knew a lot of actors and agents and pulled together a lot of people for audition. All the actors were professionals and have worked in TV, film, radio or on the stage.

If you're interested in doing voice work you should contact all the outsourcing companies. People like Babelmedia, Air, Partnertrans, etc. (these are UK-based).

Storylines often start with something small like your Anastasia idea. If it fits the sort of game you want to develop you just expand from there. What actually IS the story? Who is the protagonist? The antagonist? The supporting cast? And so on.

Your Anastasia idea could be developed into something because you have a genuine historical mystery on which to build. This was something we were keen on with the Broken Sword games.

Re: Stuff AND Things #138306
06/02/04 03:10 AM
06/02/04 03:10 AM
Sheffield
A
Anastasia Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Anastasia  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
A

Sheffield
That's great, thanks a ton.

"A child of 5 could understand this. Fetch me a child of 5!" - Groucho Marx
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (oldbroad, Orion), 276 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users