GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
something like samorost #194672
08/28/07 02:02 AM
08/28/07 02:02 AM
D
Daikka Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Daikka  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
D

i simply loved the way samorost 1 and 2 felt and looked. it has been a thoroughly different gaming experience and trust me i am an addict. (or as my roommates say i have an usb-cable in my computer ending with a needle thats stuck in my veins...) aaanyway... i was looking for something similar in look and feel like the samorost games and as it seems telltale do not have any plans for samorost3 (sniff) i was wondering if there are other games out there similar to it... the longer the better i might add because both samorost games left me with a torturing thirst for more

Re: something like samorost [Re: Daikka] #194766
08/28/07 09:06 AM
08/28/07 09:06 AM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Telltale didn't create the Samorosts -- they are sponsoring them on their site, along with a few other games.

Something similar in look and feel? I don't know -- the Samorost games are unusual. Let me think some more.

EDIT

After giving it some thought -- there still isn't any game I can think of that would be very similar to Samorost. lol

However, you might want to consider Gast: The Greatest Little Ghost (if you can find it) -- a review by Singer is here. Or even The Ugly Prince Duckling, which has some of the same whimsical/fairy talesque-quality to it, and which is much easier to locate.

Since you've been to the Telltale site, I assume you've considered the Bone games? They also have a bit of the Samorost "feel," though like The Ugly Prince Duckling, the graphics are much more colorful than Samorost's.

Last edited by Becky; 08/28/07 10:29 AM. Reason: More info added
Re: something like samorost [Re: Becky] #194833
08/28/07 11:31 AM
08/28/07 11:31 AM
Berkeley, CA
O
orchgamer Offline
Settled Boomer
orchgamer  Offline
Settled Boomer
O

Berkeley, CA
I definitely recommend that you both try Haluz and Haluz 2. It is modeled exactly on Samorost and plays the same way. I think this is exactly what you want.
I couldn't copy the direct link but you can get to it through the "Jay is Games" website that often features many short free adventure games. Enjoy! smile
http://jayisgames.com/archives/2006/08/haluz.php

Re: something like samorost [Re: orchgamer] #194848
08/28/07 11:54 AM
08/28/07 11:54 AM
D
Daikka Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Daikka  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
D

hmmm...gast seems really my kind of game i just hope ill be able to find it soon enough if at all (luck and me arent very close friends)...although for some reason tony tough comes to mind...doooont ask why.....ive played the ugly prince duckling i liked it but i guess what attrackts me to samorost is the paranoia inducing kinda graphics and the ankward silence not the myst kinda silence but the creepy kind and its an almost artistic expressionist setting. and dont mention bone or ill go up the walls. heres a brilliand comic series taken to be made into a game. and what do we get? some ankward two hours (it took so long because i was studying maths in the meantime) and then bone 2 some more ankward 2h and now for some reason bone3 is taking longer than the creation of this galaxy itself and for some reason i dont think well get our waitings worth... i mean they kept funny bits that was ok and the atmosphere was...well close enough but 20$ for 2h of gameplay (while doing chores around the house) just seems to be one big rip off. and i honestly believe they could have done so much more with that graphics engine without deteriorating the storys atmosphere and i do believe they could have made a real game alltogether...sorry...i got carried away...did i mention im a comics freak as well?...man i have way too much time on my hands....
hmm haluz might be just what im looking for...im definetly going to try this out!
thanks becky thanks orchgamer. if anyone else has any suggestions please post...hmmm....i guess i do see samorost more like some sort of art than really a game...

Re: something like samorost [Re: Daikka] #194852
08/28/07 12:00 PM
08/28/07 12:00 PM
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Daikka -- you might try the GameBoomers' Trading Post to see if anyone would be able to sell you Gast. If you aren't successful after a couple of weeks, email me.

Re: something like samorost [Re: Becky] #194949
08/28/07 03:47 PM
08/28/07 03:47 PM
Athens,Greece
E
Elven King Offline
Settled Boomer
Elven King  Offline
Settled Boomer
E

Athens,Greece
The guy behind Samorost 1&2 is making a new similar game called Machinarium.

Check it out if you want smile

Adventure-Advocate

The biggest source of adventure gaming in Greece
Re: something like samorost [Re: Elven King] #195120
08/29/07 01:22 AM
08/29/07 01:22 AM
D
Daikka Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Daikka  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
D

looks incredibly promissing! i can hardly wait!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 334 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon, J7769mon
9388 Registered Users