GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Ratatouille pc game #227756
11/06/07 07:41 PM
11/06/07 07:41 PM
Florida
T
tialing32 Offline OP
Shy Boomer
tialing32  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
T

Florida
Has anyone played theis game. I have it but can't get up on the fish net in the garden. I jump and jump and just can't get on. Is there a code or something to get past this spot? thanks for any help

Re: Ratatouille pc game [Re: tialing32] #227822
11/06/07 11:13 PM
11/06/07 11:13 PM
Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Tialing, I'm not sure you've posted in the best possible place--this forum is for strictly adventure games, and reading about Ratatouille, it doesn't sound like that sort of game.

I'm not going to move this, because since I'm not familiar with this game, I might be wrong <gasp lol>. However, you might try also posting your question down at the Darkside forum--I have a hunch you might be more likely to get help there...luck
Edit: Wow, that was quick!! Obviously I was right that your post belonged in the Darkside, thanks to whoever moved it. thumbsup Now I just hope you get the help you need...

"Once you give up integrity, the rest is easy." Anonymous
Re: Ratatouille pc game [Re: Jenny] #227851
11/07/07 01:05 AM
11/07/07 01:05 AM
Texas
nickie Offline
Grand wizard of high mucky muck
nickie  Offline
Adept Boomer

Texas
Are you playing it on the PC tialing? I don't think there's a walkthrough or codes for the PC, but there is for the PS2 or X360. You might want to take a look at the walkthrough anyway here - maybe it has some tips you can use.

"How could drops of water know themselves to be a river? Yet the river flows on."
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Re: Ratatouille pc game [Re: nickie] #253377
12/28/07 01:03 AM
12/28/07 01:03 AM
Maryland, USA
Gary88 Offline
Junior Boomer
Gary88  Offline
Junior Boomer

Maryland, USA
tialing32, did you ever get up on that fish net in the garden?
My 1st grader just got the PC game for the holidays and we seem to have the same problem. My gut feeling is we simply don't know what key to push -- the game seems to be asking for a "context move key" but there is no such key in the list in either the printed manual or the readme file. I have been looking for walkthroughs, found sparse pickings for other platforms and nothing for the PC. I did get the impression that a double jump is required with this mysterious key. HELP! Thanks in advance.

Re: Ratatouille pc game [Re: Gary88] #253397
12/28/07 04:04 AM
12/28/07 04:04 AM
Texas
nickie Offline
nickie  Offline
Adept Boomer

Texas
Hi Gary and welcome to Gameboomers! There still doesn't seem a PC walkthrough out. I haven't played this, so hopefully someone who has will come along to help you. I did read that the PC game is a lot easier to play with a game pad.

"How could drops of water know themselves to be a river? Yet the river flows on."
Re: Ratatouille pc game [Re: nickie] #254071
12/29/07 12:56 PM
12/29/07 12:56 PM
UK
Rushes Offline
True Blue Boomer
Rushes  Offline
True Blue Boomer

UK
Hi Gary, welcome to GameBoomers. Looking at the PS2 walkthrough, it seems as though a double jump is achieved in two stages, so perhaps the same method will work for the PC. Press whichever key will make your character jump, and then press the key again for the second time while in mid-air. This should give you extra oomph. luck

"Bleat, Watson -- unmitigated bleat!" ~ Sherlock Holmes
Re: Ratatouille pc game [Re: Rushes] #254241
12/29/07 06:58 PM
12/29/07 06:58 PM
Texas
nickie Offline
nickie  Offline
Adept Boomer

Texas
Thanks Rushes!

Re: Ratatouille pc game [Re: nickie] #254326
12/29/07 11:38 PM
12/29/07 11:38 PM
Waimea Big Island of Hawaii
hawkavonpuka Offline
Addicted Boomer
hawkavonpuka  Offline
Addicted Boomer

I downloaded the demo just to take a look. As usual the space bar, or space on my gamepad is to jump, press it twice quickly to jump higher. I found the demo here if anyone else wants to try it out.

What kind of magic spell to use?
Re: Ratatouille pc game [Re: nickie] #254328
12/29/07 11:39 PM
12/29/07 11:39 PM
Maryland, USA
Gary88 Offline
Junior Boomer
Gary88  Offline
Junior Boomer

Maryland, USA
I have tried jumping and double jumping both by themselves and before various other keys, with no success. Maybe a RUNNING jump? This is the initial, training level. The game pops up with instructions each step of the way, this one says press the "context move key" which is never defined in any doc or the key map config. I have noticed that several actions in the ps2 walkthrough have the same ps2 key but on the pc have separate keys. Maybe something got lost in the translation from French.
There must not be many pc copies of this game out there (I wonder why?!)
Guess I'll have to try contacting the publisher...

would try the demo, but 160MB is simply too much on, yuch, dial up (it's free from my employer). I will get it on my next oppurtunity to borrow someone's broadband. The local cable TV has been so unreliable I simply don't want to deal with this rinky-dink outfit from out of state. Thanks everybody!

Last edited by nickie; 12/30/07 01:13 AM. Reason: combined posts
Re: Ratatouille pc game [Re: Gary88] #254345
12/30/07 12:55 AM
12/30/07 12:55 AM
hawkavonpuka Offline
Addicted Boomer
hawkavonpuka  Offline
Addicted Boomer

I will probably give the demo a try tomorrow and maybe I can figure out which key it is. Too bad my grandson (11 years old) has gone on a trip to Oahu, he could figure it out. I know I had this problem on Polar Express and it was a double jump but you had to be in the right place.

I have cable and the download took under nine minutes, I could email it in the zipped form if it would help at all. If I find out anything else, I will post it.

Just a thought here, have you looked at the manual on the CD, use explore in My Computer, it might mention something not seen in the manual that came with the game.

Last edited by hawkavonpuka; 12/30/07 01:01 AM. Reason: add on

Re: Ratatouille pc game [Re: hawkavonpuka] #254508
12/30/07 12:04 PM
12/30/07 12:04 PM
Texas
nickie Offline
nickie  Offline
Adept Boomer

Texas
Thanks Hawka!

Re: Ratatouille pc game [Re: nickie] #254762
12/30/07 06:43 PM
12/30/07 06:43 PM
hawkavonpuka Offline
Addicted Boomer
hawkavonpuka  Offline
Addicted Boomer

I have been playing the demo for a little while now and finally came across the context move key when I picked up the bomb in the kitchen. I didn't do anything, just continue/enter and I had it in my ratty paws. I dragged it next to something to blow up and it did. I have been put into a jar by the nasty kid many times and don't know if there is a way to get out of it or not. There isn't a save feature on the demo, so when I quit out of the game I have to restart, how sad. I would like to purchase this game if it has a save feature, anyone know. Is it a passing a level thing like Polar Express? You can jump and move in any direction at the same time and if you keep pressing enough buttons he will even do a flip over in the air.
Edit here:
To be honest though, I think this game would be easier on a console, I am going to see if it can be configured for a console type controller. I have been using my brand new Merc Stealth gaming keyboard.

Last edited by hawkavonpuka; 12/30/07 06:48 PM.

Re: Ratatouille pc game [Re: hawkavonpuka] #254769
12/30/07 07:01 PM
12/30/07 07:01 PM
Texas
nickie Offline
nickie  Offline
Adept Boomer

Texas
Thanks again. I don't know for sure since I don't have the game, but it does sound likely that there's just going to be the waypoint or level saves.

Re: Ratatouille pc game [Re: nickie] #254902
12/31/07 02:59 AM
12/31/07 02:59 AM
hawkavonpuka Offline
Addicted Boomer
hawkavonpuka  Offline
Addicted Boomer

It won't configure on my console type controller, but it will with a gamepad. The demo is somewhere in the kitchen area, I sort of found it on the w/t for the PS3. I will probably buy the game if I find it at a reasonable price, I like games like these.It is a cute, but hard to control kind of game.

Re: Ratatouille pc game [Re: hawkavonpuka] #256035
01/02/08 12:09 AM
01/02/08 12:09 AM
Maryland, USA
Gary88 Offline
Junior Boomer
Gary88  Offline
Junior Boomer

Maryland, USA
Hawka, the game does have save and load commands. If I read between the lines of the manual, it has slots for 4 user profiles, each capable of holding multiple saves. I believe it also does the waypoint save, in a separate file from explicit saves. I can't check this out while my son is sleeping, I will try to get back to you tomorrow night with a definite answer. I am not familiar with Polar Express.

It will take some practice to control this game well; I personally prefer the mouse to keyboard control. What is this gamepad you mentioned?

I may be able to get the demo at work tomorrow (just installed DSL).

Thanks again.

Re: Ratatouille pc game [Re: Gary88] #256041
01/02/08 01:27 AM
01/02/08 01:27 AM
hawkavonpuka Offline
Addicted Boomer
hawkavonpuka  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Gary88, the demo has no save feature, it section of the game it is in is the market, so it saves when the boy catches me, but not so I can go back to it. I have a Logitech controller that can be used for some games, like Polar Express (fun game). But Ratatouille works only with the gamepad portion of my keyboard or the keyboard itself but I don't use that. Gaming keyboard Previous to this I had a Cyber Snipa that sat next to my keyboard. I don't think they are good for kids though, my grandson who is 11 doesn't like the Snipa, I think the reach is too long for him. He hasn't tryed the keyboard yet. I think I am going to buy Ratatouille, just playing the demo has me obsessed already.

Re: Ratatouille pc game [Re: Gary88] #261484
01/12/08 02:34 PM
01/12/08 02:34 PM
Maryland, USA
Gary88 Offline
Junior Boomer
Gary88  Offline
Junior Boomer

Maryland, USA
Hey -- I finally got the demo...which doesn't include the training level we were stuck on in the full game (figure that??!)! While my son was playing the demo, we figured out what the mysterious "context move key" really is: the action/tail swipe key which defaults to 'G'. Now for the hard part in the full game (small spoiler): The height of the net requires a double jump, the flower pot under the net requires forward motion during the jump ('W' key by default), and if you press the action key ('G') while close enough to the net, you can cling to the net and climb it. In review, press: jump, jump, forward, and action all in quick succession. Eureka!
Sorry it took me so long to get back here, I have just been busy. Thanks again to all who tried to help, including hawkavonpuka for the link to the demo.

Re: Ratatouille pc game [Re: Gary88] #261517
01/12/08 03:40 PM
01/12/08 03:40 PM
hawkavonpuka Offline
Addicted Boomer
hawkavonpuka  Offline
Addicted Boomer

I got the game a couple of days ago, got through the tutorial fine, the fence post jumping was the hardest. There is a little more to it than the tut would imply. I went to the games website support to fine the answer to the complex move key is. It is ridiculous that it was left out of the manual. Now I am playing the actual game and of course can't catch up going down the river. You have to be steering, jumping and trying to paddle faster all at the same time. I think I am going to cut my camera movement down some more.

Re: Ratatouille pc game [Re: hawkavonpuka] #261649
01/12/08 08:54 PM
01/12/08 08:54 PM
Texas
nickie Offline
nickie  Offline
Adept Boomer

Texas
Thanks for telling us the solution Gary - sure to be a help in the future for somebody trying to play this!

Re: Ratatouille pc game [Re: nickie] #263051
01/15/08 04:41 PM
01/15/08 04:41 PM
hawkavonpuka Offline
Addicted Boomer
hawkavonpuka  Offline
Addicted Boomer

I have just discovered that this game can be played on a console type controller. I restarted the Tutorial and it is easier having all the keys you need in one place. You do have to configure it in the beginning of the game. If you don't like the keys you picked, then redo it until you get it right. I will see what happens when I get the Tute done and get back to the dratted river. I am going to try on Easy mode this time also.

Re: Ratatouille pc game [Re: hawkavonpuka] #377589
08/18/08 04:07 PM
08/18/08 04:07 PM
British Columbia, Canada
Templeton Peck Offline
Settled Boomer
Templeton Peck  Offline
Settled Boomer

British Columbia, Canada
Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I'm looking for some help with this game.

It's supposed to be fairly easy (I'd imagine since it's based off an animated film) and the main storyline seems to be, but I can't figure out how to collect all the light bulbs for the colony.

In the very first level ( past the tutorial and the rafting), in the sewer, there is a light bulb up very high, on the left, in a little dead end tunnel.

You can't jump up there, there's nothing around to jump off of, to get there, anyone know how to get it?

It doesn't make sense to me. There is a little ledge that runs the length of the map,and under the area, but if you go up to the stairs where you can jump on to the ledge, you are blocked by a pipe on either end that you can't maneuver around to get back onto the tiny ledge.

It is well placed to prevent any sort of jump, past it on to the ledge. There must be some other way, but I'm out of ideas and for a game that's also for kids, you'd think it'd would be a little easier? That, or I'm just missing something obvious.

I'll also add, that anything special you can climb on (like a net), or use like something to pick up, is usually highlighted by a shimmering light, of which there is none in the area for that one particular part that I can see.

I've looked at the one and only walkthrough out there, but it focuses on the main story only, which is easy to figure out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Ratatouille pc game [Re: Templeton Peck] #377597
08/18/08 04:25 PM
08/18/08 04:25 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Templeton, welcome to GameBoomers. '
Never a problem with bumping a thread to get help.

I haven't played this so we'll have to wait until one of the game's vet comes by.

I saw at the beginning of the thread that they were discussing a double jump. I'm assuming this light bulb is too far up for that?

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Ratatouille pc game [Re: looney4labs] #377610
08/18/08 04:49 PM
08/18/08 04:49 PM
British Columbia, Canada
Templeton Peck Offline
Settled Boomer
Templeton Peck  Offline
Settled Boomer

British Columbia, Canada
Thanks for the welcome.

Correct. I've tried a double jump, a running start and a double jump and it is out of reach still.

Last edited by Templeton Peck; 08/18/08 04:50 PM.
Re: Ratatouille pc game [Re: Templeton Peck] #377614
08/18/08 04:57 PM
08/18/08 04:57 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
There sure isn't much in the way of help on this game on the net.

I'll send out an SOS wave

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Ratatouille pc game [Re: looney4labs] #377620
08/18/08 05:04 PM
08/18/08 05:04 PM
British Columbia, Canada
Templeton Peck Offline
Settled Boomer
Templeton Peck  Offline
Settled Boomer

British Columbia, Canada
Your telling me! I've been looking around and can't find anything in regards to collecting the light bulbs or stars.

Usually, someone would be all over this kind of thing to complete the game fully.

Just to update: The level I'm referring to is PARIS ARRIVAL, home stink home.

It is the very first part where it mentions the collecting of light bulbs and stars.

I found a screenshot of the area.

It's a view from the top of the stairs. On the right, in the hole is where the light bulb is. You can see the little ledge just above it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Trail_Mystic 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Draclvr, 1 invisible), 509 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users