GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Important Ouestions about games I'm interested in trading for #256505
01/02/08 11:05 PM
01/02/08 11:05 PM
K
Kelly Stiver Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Kelly Stiver  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
K

The Netherworld, Zork Grand Inquisitor, Ark of Time, Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the servants & LHOD: Beyond the Spirit's Eye, A Stroke of Fate, The Arrangement, Treasure Island, Legacy: Dark Shadows, Pompei, Time Stand Still. My questions:

Are there any bugs or glitches in the games?

Is there any dying/fighting/self defense or are fast reflexes required? My reflexes are slow.

Are there any slider puzzles involving sound/listening puzzles? I'm hearing impaired, with about 70% of my hearing gone, even with 2 hearing aids.

Are there any timed puzzles, or having to have perfect timing when sneaking past guards?

If the games have none of the above in them, then they'll be right for me to ask for.

Last edited by Kelly Stiver; 01/02/08 11:22 PM.
Re: Important Ouestions about games I'm interested in trading for [Re: Kelly Stiver] #256509
01/02/08 11:11 PM
01/02/08 11:11 PM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Stony Brook, New York, USA
Hi Kelly --

You might want to check out the Boomers Reviews forum. You'll find reviews of many of these games, and also many have short comments from gamers who've played them in addition to the reviewers. The reviews are listed alphabetically by game title in the Review Central sections. Many of your questions are answered there.

Re: Important Ouestions about games I'm interested in trading for [Re: Becky] #256538
01/03/08 12:47 AM
01/03/08 12:47 AM
Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Jenny Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Jenny  Offline
Grande Olde Dame
Sonic Boomer

Northwestern New Mexico, USA
Kelly, when you check these games out, look carefully at what the computer specs are--several of them are quite old games (although real jewels in some cases) and you might need to see if they will play on your computer....wave

"Once you give up integrity, the rest is easy." Anonymous
Re: Important Ouestions about games I'm interested in trading for [Re: Jenny] #256686
01/03/08 11:14 AM
01/03/08 11:14 AM
K
Kelly Stiver Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Kelly Stiver  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
K

Thanks. It looks like all these games I listed are right for me, & I'm sure I'll be able to install & play them one way or another. However, I couldn't find the reviews for "The Netherworld," and "A Stroke of Fate."

Re: Important Ouestions about games I'm interested in trading for [Re: Kelly Stiver] #256689
01/03/08 11:22 AM
01/03/08 11:22 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Kelly, you really need to search the internet for some info. From what I can tell, Netherworld has not been released and I can't find anything on A stroke of Fate.

You will need to some research.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Important Ouestions about games I'm interested in trading for [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #256754
01/03/08 01:27 PM
01/03/08 01:27 PM
K
Kelly Stiver Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Kelly Stiver  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
K

Do you mean Netherworlds was cancled?

Re: Important Ouestions about games I'm interested in trading for [Re: Kelly Stiver] #256758
01/03/08 01:34 PM
01/03/08 01:34 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Kelly, there is a Netherworld (Shooter) released in 1988 on Gamespot.com, there is a Netherworld on 1up.com that just says publisher to be announced. I can find nothing else.

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Important Ouestions about games I'm interested in trading for [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #256766
01/03/08 02:00 PM
01/03/08 02:00 PM
Denmark, Europe
Karsten Offline
Addicted Boomer
Karsten  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Denmark, Europe
I have found this on "A stroke of Fate" on the internet:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/A-Stroke-...led-74331.shtml

Here is some info in German, too:

http://www.4players.de/4players.php/spielinfonews/PC-CDROM/9213/66621/A_Stroke_of_Fate.html

The premise for this game seems to be how WWII might have been if Hitler had been assasinated.

After some more digging I've found this:

http://www.gamestats.com/objects/944/944676/

Please look at the release date: 3/30/08

This means that any games out there probably is illegal pirated copies frown (ouch - and not a recommendation, I might aid...).

You can see some images from the game here:

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/2007/00023668-images-a-stroke-of-fate.htm

As for Netherworld could this be it:

http://fearworld.com/

It could be a movie:

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0104987/

Here is the pc (dos) game that Browneyedtiger talked about:

http://www.mobygames.com/game/netherworld

It could also be the PS3 game 'folklore'

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21009.html

Here is the page from 1up

http://www.1up.com/do/gameOverview?cId=2012126

The others are very fine games that I think you will enjoy immensely smile

/Karsten

Adventure gaming is fun smile

Re: Important Ouestions about games I'm interested in trading for [Re: Kelly Stiver] #256861
01/03/08 04:38 PM
01/03/08 04:38 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
The Netherworld -- never heard of it. Check Karsten's post.

Zork Grand Inquisitor -- I don't know how well it plays on a new computer, but it was a great game. Inferno has it on her list
http://home.earthlink.net/~angeldancer27/XpGameListU_Z.htm
It appears to need some tweaking.

Ark of Time -- Would definitely need to be played in an emulator unless you had an old computer with a VESA 2.0 compatible video card

Last Half of Darkness: Shadows of the servants -- as long as you have the updated version for XP, it should work fine

LHOD: Beyond the Spirit's Eye, A Stroke of Fate -- should work fine

The Arrangement -- I'm unsure how well it would work with XP SP2. I think it was made before SP2 came out. So you might have to change the install location to your Documents folder instead of Program Files and install and play from an account with admin privileges. I don't know if it has issues with hyperthreading (if you have a Pentium 4 computer with hyperthreading).

Treasure Island -- If you mean the Destination: Treasure Island game made by Kheops, it should work fine

Legacy: Dark Shadows -- Had some bugs, wouldn't uninstall properly.

Pompei -- The same game as Timescape. Made for Windows 95/98. I don't know if it has problems with XP SP2, but I suspect it would need tweaking.

Time Stand Still -- should work fine

I don't remember the games well enough to say whether any of them had a slider or sound puzzle in them. I don't remember any really difficult timed puzzles that relied on reflexes. I think the Zork game had a timed puzzle towards the end. But as long as the puzzle speed isn't related to computer speed, it shouldn't be a problem.

Re: Important Ouestions about games I'm interested in trading for [Re: Jenny100] #256911
01/03/08 06:07 PM
01/03/08 06:07 PM
K
Kelly Stiver Offline OP
Settled Boomer
Kelly Stiver  Offline OP
Settled Boomer
K

Thanks! This Netherword DOS game that found for me, BrownEyedTigre, I've just cheked this out and found that this game isn't what I thought it was. So I'm glad that I never got it, and now I'd rather not get it as it's not an adventure game.

Do you mean I'll have to get account administrator privileges to install & play "The Arraingement?" If that's the case, then this game isn't for me. As for Zork Grand Inquesitor, Ark of Time & Pompei, can't I play this on DOSbox or Virtual PC? And isn't there a patch for Legacy: Dark Shadows that will fix the bugs? Or will I have a problem installing this game? If so, then this, too, isn't for me.

Last edited by Kelly Stiver; 01/03/08 06:15 PM.
Re: Important Ouestions about games I'm interested in trading for [Re: Kelly Stiver] #256962
01/03/08 07:35 PM
01/03/08 07:35 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
Jenny100  Offline
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Quote:
Do you mean I'll have to get account administrator privileges to install & play "The Arraingement?"

I'm saying you might. That's how it is with some games that were made before XP SP2. Maybe someone who's played it on XP SP2 knows different.

Quote:
As for Zork Grand Inquesitor, Ark of Time & Pompei, can't I play this on DOSbox or Virtual PC?

Zork Grand Inquisitor and Pompeii are Windows games. They would probably work in Virtual PC.
Ark of Time is a DOS game. It would need DOSBox or some other emulator that can emulate a VESA 2.0 compatible video card because it is one of those late DOS games that used nonstandard VESA modes which are no longer supported.

DOSBox is not for Windows games. But people have been able to install Windows 3.1 on top of DOSBox and then run Windows 3.1 games on that Windows 3.1 install. You can't use it for Windows 95 games and later though. Only for games that can run on Windows 3.1. And you need a copy of Windows 3.1 in order to install it.

Quote:
And isn't there a patch for Legacy: Dark Shadows that will fix the bugs?

There's a patch, but it doesn't fix everything. And there's a problem with uninstalling it. I had to delete the game folder and then run regedit to delete the references to it in order to get rid of it.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Lex), 149 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users