GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Go Go Gourmet - Anyone playing it? #276113
02/09/08 11:30 AM
02/09/08 11:30 AM
PA, USA
M
misa Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
misa  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
M

PA, USA
I played the 1 hour trial of Go Go Gourmet yesterday and it was a lot of fun.

I'm contemplating purchasing it. Anyone else playing it? Are there other "time-management" games you'd recommend besides Go Go Gourmet?

Re: Go Go Gourmet - Anyone playing it? [Re: misa] #276136
02/09/08 12:09 PM
02/09/08 12:09 PM
Mt Prospect, Illinois
butterflybabe Offline
Addicted Boomer
butterflybabe  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Mt Prospect, Illinois
Hi Misa,

I don't usually like time management games but I love hidden object games so I thought I'd give this one a try. I downloaded the hour trial and liked it. Then I was sorry. You can't buy more stuff for your own restaurant until you clear ALL the recipies at each level so that you get an AWESOME rating. I can't do it because the game keeps moving the ingredients around. I've started this game twice and both times I can't unlock anything past the first two purchases. I have enough money but it won't unlock anything further because I can't get past an Excellent rating. At least that appears to be the problem. I don't mind challenging games, I just don't like the pressure I feel to beat the clock which seems to always give teh same amount of time just more and more orders to fill which I could probably do if the ingredients would stay in the same place that my eyes keep looking for them. Aargh mad
puppy

Life's a puzzle; one piece at a time.
Re: Go Go Gourmet - Anyone playing it? [Re: misa] #276142
02/09/08 12:20 PM
02/09/08 12:20 PM
london uk
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer
chrissie  Offline
Addicted Boomer

london uk
Hi misa, I haven't tried yet Go Go Gourmet but have played all through the Diner Dash games - they are my favourites! I've tried the demos of a lot of others but so far the only ones that have grabbed my attention enough to buy are Mystic Inn, Fashion Fits & more recently Dress Shop Hop. smile

Re: Go Go Gourmet - Anyone playing it? [Re: chrissie] #276152
02/09/08 12:34 PM
02/09/08 12:34 PM
PA, USA
M
misa Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
misa  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
M

PA, USA
Thanks for the feedback! I don't usually like really well hidden objects in hidden object games but I did like Go Go Gourmet because of the intertwined time management aspect.

I just tried Turbo Subs and Turbo Pizza. They were fun but a little too actiony/fastpaced.

chrissie, I'll check out the ones that you mentioned!

Re: Go Go Gourmet - Anyone playing it? [Re: misa] #276199
02/09/08 02:56 PM
02/09/08 02:56 PM
G
GPM Offline
Settled Boomer
GPM  Offline
Settled Boomer
G

Hi, misa! The sporadic dearth of hidden object games (which is worse for me since my computer won't work with Real Arcade's platform) forced me to try time management games and there are several that I liked. Like you, though, I found the Turbo series to be a little frenzied. I somehow managed to get through Turbo Pizza, but I have 5 more levels to go on Turbo Subs and I'm not sure I'll **EVER** get those completed!

The first time management game I tried was Cake Mania 2 (skipped right over Cake Mania 1, with no regrets). I liked it a lot, and found it to be challenging without being quite as super-fastpaced as Turbo Subs! There's also a little more opportunity to incorporate strategy, I believe.

I'm not really into the fashion games, but Vogue Tales is a really good starter time management game. I thought it was fun enough to buy - it's light fun and not terrifically hard.

I also really liked Burger Shop and, although the last few levels were hard, going for gold among the different buyers gave it some replay value I don't usually find in casual games.

There's also a game called Ciao Bella (available at BF) that is more like a "life management" game that I really liked a lot!

Despite BFG-Guy's recommendation, I really resisted trying Farm Frenzy (which I think of as a time management game but, again, perhaps not in the classic sense) for quite awhile because I just didn't like the look of it and I thought I wouldn't like it. But I'm really glad I tried it because I ended up liking it way more than I thought I would, and I'm anxiously awaiting the next installment. Go figure!?!

Edited to add: I didn't really like the Diner Dash series, but they're extremely popular and you might want to give them a try. The only reason I don't enjoy them is simply because I don't like dragging groups of people around with my mouse.

Last edited by GPM; 02/09/08 02:59 PM.
Re: Go Go Gourmet - Anyone playing it? [Re: GPM] #276216
02/09/08 03:25 PM
02/09/08 03:25 PM
PA, USA
M
misa Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
misa  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
M

PA, USA
Since I first posted this I did try out some of the other recommendations so far: Diner Dash series along with Mystic Inn, Dress Shop Hop and Fashion Fits. Out of those I liked Dress Shop Hop.

GPM, thanks for the recommendations as well. Next up, downloading your recommendations!

ETA: I just bought Go Go Gourmet and downloaded a TON of games to try out.

Last edited by misa; 02/09/08 04:47 PM.
Re: Go Go Gourmet - Anyone playing it? [Re: misa] #276396
02/09/08 10:03 PM
02/09/08 10:03 PM
Texas
K
karmyn Offline
Settled Boomer
karmyn  Offline
Settled Boomer
K

Texas
I found Go Go Gourmet to be one of those games I play the demo a few times to see if I can get the hang of it, but I'm not really sure I want to buy it. It gets harder in the later levels when you have more ingredients. I made it to about the third level on the ship before the demo expired.

Re: Go Go Gourmet - Anyone playing it? [Re: karmyn] #276410
02/09/08 10:43 PM
02/09/08 10:43 PM
PA, USA
M
misa Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
misa  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
M

PA, USA
It is a little tricky with the ingredients moving around but I'm having a lot of fun with it. I love to cook so it's fun to see all the different dishes I have to make. smile

I also just finished a demo of The Apprentice and it's also a lot of fun! The sushi restaurant graphics are adorable.

ETA: I also checked out Snowy Lunch Rush and even though I didn't really enjoy Diner Dash that much, I did REALLY enjoy Snowy Lunch Rush. The game is made by the same people who made Diner Dash. Maybe I got sucked in because of the cute bear characters. I'm trying to resist buying it before my next billing in a few days. razz

I think I may also pick up Ciao Bella. What a fun different type of game. It was kind of nice too because it's set in Canada (where I'm originally from). smile

Last edited by misa; 02/10/08 11:29 AM.
Re: Go Go Gourmet - Anyone playing it? [Re: misa] #280038
02/16/08 05:43 PM
02/16/08 05:43 PM
PA, USA
M
misa Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
misa  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
M

PA, USA
I got through Go Go Gourmet AND Turbo Pizza! I'm so addicted to these time management games! I also bought Turbo Subs and it's a bit tougher than Turbo Pizza but still a ton of fun. smile

Re: Go Go Gourmet - Anyone playing it? [Re: misa] #280063
02/16/08 06:26 PM
02/16/08 06:26 PM
Canada
Sally(MG) Offline
Settled Boomer
Sally(MG)  Offline
Settled Boomer

Canada
I finished Go Go Gourmet as well, and I have to say that I enjoyed it quite a bit even though there were moments where I thought I wouldn't be able to keep up (and I was stubbornly trying for ALL gold stars, lol) but it was fun. It's not that long compared to other time management games though. Also, if you restart a level, the ingredients are in the same place.

Snowy's Lunch Rush rocks. Snowy doing karaoke is the cutest thing in the world. smile

Another "time management" I was addicted to was JoJo's fashion show. It's very different and the graphics were awesome.

MinuteGamer
Free flash games, casual game reviews and wts.
Latest: Virtual Villagers 3 cheats
Re: Go Go Gourmet - Anyone playing it? [Re: Sally(MG)] #280071
02/16/08 06:38 PM
02/16/08 06:38 PM
PA, USA
M
misa Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
misa  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
M

PA, USA
I'm actually replaying Go Go Gourmet right now. The fun thing about time-management games is that there's replay value. smile

Snowy doing anything is the cutest thing! smile

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (bermag45, oldbroad, Space Quest Fan, hagatha), 531 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users