GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Supple game...PG or rated R #294598
03/15/08 03:47 PM
03/15/08 03:47 PM
BFG-Guy Offline OP
Settled Boomer
BFG-Guy  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

BFG is scratching its head on Supple due to the somewhat graphic nature of the game (suggestive and visual).

We have a broad audience (5 to 95 years old) and many folks download without reading, so just posting a "Rated M for MAture" would be missed by many and they may not be as forgiving as folks on this forum.

Is this a "good" game or a "GREAT" game in your opinions. and if GREAT, how could BFG launch it without offending the more sensitive customers?
Thoughts?

BFG-Guy

"A New Game Every Day!" keeps boredom away.
Re: Supple game...PG or rated R [Re: BFG-Guy] #294615
03/15/08 04:06 PM
03/15/08 04:06 PM
PA, USA
M
misa Offline
Addicted Boomer
misa  Offline
Addicted Boomer
M

PA, USA
Perhaps you could launch it with a big "Rated M for Mature" strip across the screenshot/flash screen and then in the description describe that the game deals with real life situations and and there is suggestive content?

I have not played the demo yet due to the EULAs that I've read associated with the game, but based on the review I read on Gamezebo as well as player comments, it does sound like a "great" game.

It is on my to purchase list when you do launch it though. smile

Re: Supple game...PG or rated R [Re: misa] #294645
03/15/08 04:43 PM
03/15/08 04:43 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
I haven't played it BFG-guy, but I bet our members who have will have lots of opinions. Thanks for asking puppy

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Supple game...PG or rated R [Re: looney4labs] #294650
03/15/08 04:52 PM
03/15/08 04:52 PM
Texas
K
karmyn Offline
Settled Boomer
karmyn  Offline
Settled Boomer
K

Texas
Game Fools doesn't really mention adult content, but the Gamezebo review does and very clearly mentions that it's not a game for kids. I would put a disclaimer that it's for mature audiences only and contains adult content.
But that probably wouldn't stop somebody from complaining to you about it. It's one of those annoying facts of life that some people ignore content ratings. And some kids might actually buy the game for the adult content. But the Gamezebo review says it's a tough game so that might discourage kids from buying it just to find the adult content.
At least mention that you reccomend it for adults only. That's probably the best you can do. Something like "Due to adult content, we reccomend that this game is for adults only". Simple and to the point.

Re: Supple game...PG or rated R [Re: karmyn] #294654
03/15/08 05:00 PM
03/15/08 05:00 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Truthfully, it just doesn't come across as a BigFish Game. duh
I don't think it's worth risking a family oriented reputation which quite frankly is far and few between these days just for one game.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Supple game...PG or rated R [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #294679
03/15/08 06:06 PM
03/15/08 06:06 PM
PA, USA
M
misa Offline
Addicted Boomer
misa  Offline
Addicted Boomer
M

PA, USA
Ana, I do agree with you that it doesn't come across as a BF game but neither does Kudos -- I was suprised to see Kudos and Kudos Rockstar there actually.

I will say that if BFG chooses *NOT* to release the game, I totally understand and support their decision. smile

Re: Supple game...PG or rated R [Re: misa] #294722
03/15/08 07:27 PM
03/15/08 07:27 PM
Palouse country
3dobermans Offline
Adept Boomer
3dobermans  Offline
Adept Boomer

Palouse country
I just won't/don't by M rated games. I prefer to stay away from sites that offer such.

Reading is to the mind, what exercise is to the body - Joseph Addison
Re: Supple game...PG or rated R [Re: 3dobermans] #294725
03/15/08 07:45 PM
03/15/08 07:45 PM
Western New York
NYLady Offline
Addicted Boomer
NYLady  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Western New York
I think Big Fish should continue to be a FAMILY game site. If someone wants to order adult games it should be on a mirror site.
I am not sure how you would know who was adult or not. I hate it that kids can get into adult stuff online... I'm so against that. I can refer Big Fish to kids at the school where I work and to my grandkids knowing it's a DECENT site. Please keep it like that.

One of the things I love about BFG is that it is for the whole family. I even named my BF Game Space- Family Game Space.

Last edited by NYLady; 03/15/08 07:51 PM.

Prices are going up everywhere except in our incomes.
Re: Supple game...PG or rated R [Re: NYLady] #294786
03/15/08 09:44 PM
Texas
K
karmyn Offline
Settled Boomer
karmyn  Offline
Settled Boomer
K

Texas
I agree with those who like the family friendly games on Big Fish. I often let my neices play the games I have from Big Fish. I don't let them play regular adventure games that are rated T or M and don't play those games when they are with me. I remember one of them wanting to play Runaway and I told them no way were they allowed to play that game.

Re: Supple game...PG or rated R [Re: NYLady] #294787
Port Orchard, WA USA
HorseDancer Offline
Settled Boomer
HorseDancer  Offline
Settled Boomer

Port Orchard, WA USA
Hi BFG!

I love Big Fish the way it is, too. I was so tired of all the blood and guts games! And found that I was not finishing up the more complex adventure games that I have long played.

But the Casual Games are just wonderful!! I have lots of BF games - reminds me of Goldilocks BF is JUST RIGHT! bravo

Thanks so much for putting the fun back into computer games!!

HorseDancer

Happy Trails!
HorseDancer

Re: Supple game...PG or rated R [Re: HorseDancer] #294792
03/15/08 09:59 PM
03/15/08 09:59 PM
Indiana
Koalanut Offline
Settled Boomer
Koalanut  Offline
Settled Boomer

Indiana

I too love the family friendly-ness of BFG. I have a two year old grandson and he LOVES Liongg the Dragon game. He says, "Play the dragon game Mamaw". He sees the Big Fish come up and says "Here we go". So even he recognizes the logo. So I agree that one game that is questionable is not worth the risk of a reputation that many families have come to love.

Once again, BFG-Guy, thanks for letting us put in our "two cents worth"! flowers

Koalanut

So many games, so little time....
Re: Supple game...PG or rated R [Re: BFG-Guy] #294850
03/16/08 04:20 AM
03/16/08 04:20 AM
london uk
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer
chrissie  Offline
Addicted Boomer

london uk
Hi BFG-Guy, thanks for asking for our opinions.

I think you only need to include a very prominent warning in screenshots & info & avoid promoting through the main ad on the homepage.

Otherwise I see no reason why BFG should have to act as 'nanny' & exclude what is reviewed as a very good game. It's up to parents to monitor what their offspring are accessing & downloading on the internet. smile

Re: Supple game...PG or rated R [Re: chrissie] #294890
03/16/08 07:39 AM
03/16/08 07:39 AM
Texas
texaslady Offline
The Mischievous Moderator
texaslady  Offline
The Mischievous Moderator
Sonic Boomer

Texas
Chrissie I agree with you that we should know what our kids are doing and viewing on the computers BUT unless all families live in only one room of a house and the adult is always looking at what the child sees, the adult will not know what is being viewed.
If BFG wants to put out more mature games so be it but I will not support it or remain a member. It's hard enough to be a parent without having something on our computers that gives my kid access to anything that is not appropriate for him. I don't know what kids you are around but if you think a warning about mature themes will keep a kid from checking it out given the opportunity, then you are wrong.

Sue

Yesterday is but today's memory, tomorrow is today's dream.
Kahlil Gibran
Re: Supple game...PG or rated R [Re: texaslady] #294954
03/16/08 10:06 AM
03/16/08 10:06 AM
PA, USA
M
misa Offline
Addicted Boomer
misa  Offline
Addicted Boomer
M

PA, USA
I can see how it would be problematic if kids were downloading the demos, etc. What if there was no demo option available for this game? Would that be less offensive to the parents in this thread? There would be no access to the game at all unless you gave your kids your account info which I don't really think any parent here does since they could purchase without your knowledge.

I'm just curious because there are games out there that are rated M (not on BFG, I mean in general) but aren't really considered offensive by most people. The Longest Journey and Dreamfall both come to mind.

There are also some large file adventures on BFG rated T but no demo available because they are large file (Ghost in the Sheet is T) -- I don't thnk anyone here considers them offensive. Perhaps not age appropriate due to some of the themes but not offensive.

Does anyone know if Supple actually has an ESRB Rating? I couldn't find anything. The only thing I could find on the developer's website was:

Quote:
Does the game contain nudity or bad language?

Supple does not contain obscene language or any nudity. Supple is about human relationships and does contain some adult situations or innuendo.

Last edited by misa; 03/16/08 10:14 AM.
Re: Supple game...PG or rated R [Re: texaslady] #294965
03/16/08 10:16 AM
03/16/08 10:16 AM
BFG-Guy Offline OP
Settled Boomer
BFG-Guy  Offline OP
Settled Boomer

Our decision was to stick to the Family Friendly brand, but there was a lot of folks who liked this game and it was great to get your feedback as additional data points.

It is not a matter of being big brother or a nanny it is about maintaining a focussed brand identity with a specific experience and we are very proud of our family friendly brand and trust that it has built. Perhaps someday we will launch "Risky Fish Games" or something as a separate brand and separate site.

Thanks for your thoughts. You all have valid points but it really comes down to a very focussed brand reputation. It would be different if we were the only site on the net but there are plenty of other sites to get this game. I commend the developers for making a compelling addictive game, but at the end of the day it is not consistent with Big Fish Games.

So to be transparent, if you are looking to get this game from BFG, you will need to get it from another site. Sorry 'bout that.

BFG-Guy

"A New Game Every Day!" keeps boredom away.
Re: Supple game...PG or rated R [Re: BFG-Guy] #294969
03/16/08 10:17 AM
03/16/08 10:17 AM
PA, USA
M
misa Offline
Addicted Boomer
misa  Offline
Addicted Boomer
M

PA, USA
Thanks BFG Guy. Like I said earlier, I support whatever decision you guys make. smile

Last edited by misa; 03/16/08 10:17 AM.
Re: Supple game...PG or rated R [Re: misa] #294972
03/16/08 10:21 AM
03/16/08 10:21 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
BFG-Guy....I think you made a very wise decision. Family friendly sites are far and few between and I applaud you for staying that way.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Supple game...PG or rated R [Re: texaslady] #295000
03/16/08 10:55 AM
03/16/08 10:55 AM
london uk
chrissie Offline
Addicted Boomer
chrissie  Offline
Addicted Boomer

london uk
Hi Sue, I have 3 nieces & 3 nephews aged from 3 - 11, but although the older ones have their own PCs they are not internet linked & they are limited to the time they can spend on them. They are only allowed go on-line using the main house computer when they can either be supervised or left to safely browse 'parental controlled' sites.

Here I have to concede to the problem of having a more adult themed game turning up on a site seen as child friendly & agree that a warning is not going to discourage kids from checking it out. But now Big Fish are offering full-size Adventures for download how many of them, while not of an 'Adult' theme may contain content that could be disturbing to younger minds?

As I see it, BFG is not exclusively a kids site & I can't see the problem in helping kids to choose & download some games that they can be left to play, & deny them access to the site when you're not around. smile

I've just seen BFG-Guy's post - problem resolved! smile

Re: Supple game...PG or rated R [Re: chrissie] #295047
03/16/08 12:19 PM
03/16/08 12:19 PM
Westchester, NY
Linds Offline
Addicted Boomer
Linds  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Westchester, NY
Does this mean we are not allowed to ask for help if we buy it elsewhere?
Susan

Re: Supple game...PG or rated R [Re: Linds] #295050
03/16/08 12:23 PM
03/16/08 12:23 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Why would you not be allowed to ask for help here? We help with any Casual game, regardless where it was purchased.

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Supple game...PG or rated R [Re: texaslady] #295074
03/16/08 12:46 PM
03/16/08 12:46 PM
Western New York
NYLady Offline
Addicted Boomer
NYLady  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Western New York
Originally Posted By: texaslady
Chrissie I agree with you that we should know what our kids are doing and viewing on the computers BUT unless all families live in only one room of a house and the adult is always looking at what the child sees, the adult will not know what is being viewed.
If BFG wants to put out more mature games so be it but I will not support it or remain a member. It's hard enough to be a parent without having something on our computers that gives my kid access to anything that is not appropriate for him. I don't know what kids you are around but if you think a warning about mature themes will keep a kid from checking it out given the opportunity, then you are wrong.

Sue

I agree! And it's the ones marked ADULT that they will head for.
Kids usually want to know WHY so they will try to get into it.

Another reason Big Fish is such a success! Way to Go, BFG-Guy.
I'm going to purchase games for each of the grandkids with computers this year on their birthdays. There are so many to choose from and easier than shopping at the mall (cheaper too!)

Again, I'm in love hearts with Big Fish.

Last edited by BrownEyedTigre; 03/16/08 12:55 PM. Reason: Combined Stacked posts

Prices are going up everywhere except in our incomes.
Re: Supple game...PG or rated R [Re: NYLady] #295150
03/16/08 02:19 PM
03/16/08 02:19 PM
Indiana
Koalanut Offline
Settled Boomer
Koalanut  Offline
Settled Boomer

Indiana

Thank You BFG-Guy!!!!

I stand by what I always tell people, Big Fish is the BEST!!!!!

There is plenty of places to get more mature themed or older kids/adult only suited games. But with BFG, I know that I can try it first, it is suited for all of us, and I can recommend it to anyone, and $6.99 a month is the best deal around. And I have always had wonderful help from the support team. thanks

hearts BFG's!!!!

Koalanut

So many games, so little time....
Re: Supple game...PG or rated R [Re: Koalanut] #295164
03/16/08 02:34 PM
03/16/08 02:34 PM
Palouse country
3dobermans Offline
Adept Boomer
3dobermans  Offline
Adept Boomer

Palouse country
Talk about a "duh" moment; I didn't know "Supple" was a game, I thought it was some kind of new game category.

Thanks BFG for maintaining the ideals of a family friendly site.

Reading is to the mind, what exercise is to the body - Joseph Addison
Re: Supple game...PG or rated R [Re: BFG-Guy] #295237
03/16/08 04:27 PM
03/16/08 04:27 PM
Pennsylvania, USA
PMcOuntry Offline
Settled Boomer
PMcOuntry  Offline
Settled Boomer

Pennsylvania, USA
I'm going to DL the demo from PlayFirst and play it tomorrow, I'll give you my 2 cents then!

Patricia

Re: Supple game...PG or rated R [Re: BFG-Guy] #295299
03/16/08 06:26 PM
03/16/08 06:26 PM
Amethyst Offline
Shy Boomer
Amethyst  Offline
Shy Boomer

a *lot* of the large file adventure games are not 'family friendly' games. these games aren't that appealing to the young players because they don't have such cute graphics and they require a lot of puzzle solving and hard thinking, so a young child probably wouldn't be interested...

And Then There Were None: Teen
Nibiru: Teen
Law & Order: Justice is Served : Teen
Law & Order: Criminal Intent 2: MATURE!!

so actually BFG already has M-rated games, they just don't make a big deal out of them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (curly, Fogfighter, oldbroad, Urban Worrier), 171 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users