GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Overclocked -- A Review by Inferno [Re: sali] #323395
05/07/08 04:41 PM
05/07/08 04:41 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
If you need assistance with the technical aspect of running the game, please post in Glitches where they can better assist you.

Ana thanks

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Overclocked -- A Review by Inferno [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #326065
05/12/08 09:42 PM
05/12/08 09:42 PM
Florida
Teddo Offline
Settled Boomer
Teddo  Offline
Settled Boomer

Florida
I'm really enjoying this game. I love the psychological aspect of it. I'm only about halfway through it, so I have no idea of how it ends. I wish more games had psychological twists instead of endless puzzles which many times have no logical connection to the game. My kind of game!!! This one is holding my interest.

Teddo

none
Re: Overclocked -- A Review by Inferno [Re: Teddo] #326483
05/13/08 01:32 PM
05/13/08 01:32 PM
S
SirDave Offline
Settled Boomer
SirDave  Offline
Settled Boomer
S

Re: Amerzone's post above: Image programs are the only way to go with AGs that don't provide a full install. While I've been using them for years, the relatively recent massive increased size of hard disks make the use of image programs even more useful.

Essentially, what you do is first install the imaging program to your computer. The all-in-one programs (including my favorite: Virtual CD) will then allow you to create an 'image' of a CD or Dvd (which is nothing more than a massive data file) which can be 'inserted' into a virtual cd/dvd drive (that the program creates) or one of the actual physical drives (or at least that's the way the computer sees it). Essentially, the computer thinks it is seeing a regular cd/dvd in a regular cd/dvd drive, but really you are running only files on your hard disk.

These programs have been unfairly labelled as attempts to flout copy protection, but there is no indication that they have facilitated pirating at all. In my mind, all they do is allow me to play AGs entirely from the hard disk- no more switching out cds/dvds and no more cd/dvd drive lag!

Last edited by SirDave; 05/19/08 06:50 PM.
Re: Overclocked -- A Review by Inferno [Re: SirDave] #330184
05/19/08 05:38 PM
05/19/08 05:38 PM
Florida
Teddo Offline
Settled Boomer
Teddo  Offline
Settled Boomer

Florida
I think I spoke too soon on my previous post. Yes, I enjoy the psychological twist, but I, too, got annoyed with waiting for a blank screen to allow me to move on. I don't understand computer technicalities, but I haven't encountered this on other games and I've played many. Teddo

none
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 616 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users