GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Short games #332247
05/23/08 09:11 AM
05/23/08 09:11 AM
G.H. WA
zookeeper Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
zookeeper  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

G.H. WA
Is it just me or are the latest HOG\Adventure game disappointingly short? I just finished Laura Jones and loved it, but I felt a little cheated by how short it was. SH Persian Carpet was short too, and Natalie Brooks. Both great games, I loved them, but I wanted them to last a while. Finishing a game in 2-3 hours just doesn't seem like that great of a bargain even at 6.99. I'd be really bummed if I'd spent 19.99 on them.

I child-proofed my home... but they're still getting in!
Re: Short games [Re: zookeeper] #332251
05/23/08 09:24 AM
05/23/08 09:24 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Online content
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Online Content
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
It's not just you zookeeper. I love the 6.99 price but I do not replay a game, so I still want a decent size game for my money. It's funny how the ones I like the best, seem to end quickest.

EDIT: I love your signature!

Ana wave

Last edited by BrownEyedTigre; 05/23/08 09:24 AM.

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Short games [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #332276
05/23/08 10:02 AM
05/23/08 10:02 AM
USA
looney Offline
Addicted Boomer
looney  Offline
Addicted Boomer

USA
Now that is a great question! I've been wondering that myself!

Do you really think the games are that short or are we getting that much better at them?

think

Banana phone!
Re: Short games [Re: looney] #332302
05/23/08 10:44 AM
05/23/08 10:44 AM
Amethyst Offline
Shy Boomer
Amethyst  Offline
Shy Boomer

for some of them I think it's because they try to have a story and so it's harder work and more expensive to build the game than it is if you just pile any old objects together. especially if you have puzzles and you have to come up with each individual puzzle...

but for some of them i think it's just because people keep BUYING hidden object games no matter how bad they are so it's a quick buck for companies to just get one out as fast as possible. why should they spend more on it if it'll sell just as well anyway?

i hope people get tired of hidden object games so that there won't be so many of them... then probably only really good ones will come out.

Re: Short games [Re: Amethyst] #332318
05/23/08 11:02 AM
05/23/08 11:02 AM
Rockford, Illinois
S
sierramindy Offline
Addicted Boomer
sierramindy  Offline
Addicted Boomer
S

Rockford, Illinois
I actually prefer the shorter games so I hope they keep making them. Natalie Brooks was just right and I finished it before boredom set in.

To love is to be happy with!
Re: Short games [Re: sierramindy] #332323
05/23/08 11:06 AM
05/23/08 11:06 AM
PA, USA
M
misa Offline
Addicted Boomer
misa  Offline
Addicted Boomer
M

PA, USA
I prefer longer games about the length of Madame Fate or the Agatha Christie ones as far as HOGs. I also prefer longer puzzle-type casual adventures. If Dream Chronicles 1 and 2 were rolled out as one game, that would have been perfect. Azada was a great length too.

Last edited by misa; 05/23/08 11:07 AM.
Re: Short games [Re: misa] #332360
05/23/08 12:26 PM
05/23/08 12:26 PM
land gal just wanna have fun
Sherryah Offline
Addicted Boomer
Sherryah  Offline
Addicted Boomer

land gal just wanna have fun
I agree about the shortness of the newest games. I just finished a great hog game, women's murder club and was surprised it only had 8 investigations. Great game though and well worth the money, hoping for more games like this just longer in length. If the storyline you really don't want a short game. My opinion of course.

Re: Short games [Re: Sherryah] #332581
05/23/08 08:01 PM
05/23/08 08:01 PM
G.H. WA
zookeeper Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
zookeeper  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

G.H. WA
Thanks for the comments. I see I'm not alone.

I agree misa, the 2 Dream Chronicles would be a perfect length game.

Yes Amethyst, I think game makers are capitalizing on the popularity of hogs and especially the hog\adv.

I'll have to check out womens murder club Sherryah. That one sounds really short though. Maybe I'll just get my fix with the demo for that one. smile

Interesting sierramindy, I hadn't thought of it that way, but I still prefer the longer game. I usually don't get bored with the hog\adv.

looney, I may be getting better. At least that's what I could tell myself when I need a little confidence boost. lol

Thanks Ana. I can't take credit. I got it from a funny email about parenting.

Last edited by zookeeper; 05/23/08 08:04 PM.

I child-proofed my home... but they're still getting in!
Re: Short games [Re: zookeeper] #332777
05/24/08 06:08 AM
05/24/08 06:08 AM
Sumrall, MS
raylinstephens Offline
Addicted Boomer
raylinstephens  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Sumrall, MS
I try the Demo and if I get more than half-way through it then I don't purchase the game generally speaking.

But I like some of the games lengths because I can finish a section in one evening and then go on to something else before bedtime.

I agree that the MCF games are a great length but if memory serves they are getting longer as they make them. I am pretty sure I felt Huntsville and Prime Suspects weren't long enough but by Ravenhearst we had interesting door puzzles which stretched the game-times as well as my brain cells.

I am thoroughly enjoying Lost Cases of S.H. and I take one or two cases at a sitting. I have read that a lot of people think it is way too short but I am still playing it and bought it on day one.

Just MHO wave
Linda

**edit: Yes, I too would be bummed if I paid $19.99 for most of these games but I think BFG hit the magic number with $6.99
I wish they would let us use 'rewards' to purchase at the same club-price though think

Last edited by raylinstephens; 05/24/08 06:12 AM.

So many games, so little time.
Re: Short games [Re: raylinstephens] #332892
05/24/08 10:25 AM
05/24/08 10:25 AM
Indiana
Koalanut Offline
Settled Boomer
Koalanut  Offline
Settled Boomer

Indiana

I too try the demo and look here to see how many levels there are. If I have already played more than half, I generally don't buy the game either. I loved both Dream Chronicles, but they were short to me too, but I bought them cause I love the puzzles in them and thought I would play them again. I love the Escape the Museum, I have worked on it over and over and still am only half way through. Ravenshearst and Madamn Fate are favorites too because of the length and the various puzzles. I am really passing up a lot of HOGs cause I see here that they are short or just HOGs. I love the other puzzles too especially if there is various puzzles not just the same 4 or 6 over and over.

I loved the demo of Lost Cases of SH, but I thought it was considered short by some. I will be looking back into that one to see if I want that one.

Koalanut

So many games, so little time....
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 174 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users