GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon - New HOG on BigFish [Re: misa] #349072
06/21/08 07:14 PM
06/21/08 07:14 PM
Florida
Teddo Offline
Settled Boomer
Teddo  Offline
Settled Boomer

Florida
Without a doubt, this is the best casual game I've ever seen and played. The graphics are great and the music is first rate. I give an A+++++++ to Big Fish. Teddo

none
Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon - New HOG on BigFish [Re: Teddo] #349359
06/22/08 10:56 AM
06/22/08 10:56 AM
West London, UK
JennyP Offline
Adept Boomer
JennyP  Offline
Adept Boomer

West London, UK
I have played it through twice now, love it!

When in doubt, cuddle a catcatrub
Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon - New HOG on BigFish [Re: NYLady] #349469
06/22/08 12:54 PM
06/22/08 12:54 PM
L
Lei Offline
Shy Boomer
Lei  Offline
Shy Boomer
L

What a beautiful and wonderful game. Hooray for BFG! I was completely enthralled with everything about the game. Beautiful graphics and wonderful puzzles. Can't wait for the next game that they develop, always done with quality.

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon - New HOG on BigFish [Re: Lei] #349580
06/22/08 04:41 PM
06/22/08 04:41 PM
Sunnyvale CA
C
cnmoore Offline
Junior Boomer
cnmoore  Offline
Junior Boomer
C

Sunnyvale CA
I am clearly a minority - but I find a lot of the screens overly dark, many items impossible to find without a hint, and some of the graphics are done in muddy brownish colors.. Some screens are beautiful, though.

But I bought it. I do like the silhouettes and the insects that give you extra hint (I need them!). And the puzzles are great. Just did the one with snakes in jugs - delightful. smile

Last edited by cnmoore; 06/22/08 05:23 PM.
Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon - New HOG on BigFish [Re: cnmoore] #349598
06/22/08 05:19 PM
06/22/08 05:19 PM
Massachusetts
GBC Offline
Graduate Boomer
GBC  Offline
Graduate Boomer

Massachusetts
I have just finished the game. I have to say that it was one of the best I have ever played. I especially enjoyed the puzzles. I thought the game was fantastic! Thanks Big Fish

Gail
Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon - New HOG on BigFish [Re: GBC] #349661
06/22/08 08:10 PM
06/22/08 08:10 PM
Florida
Teddo Offline
Settled Boomer
Teddo  Offline
Settled Boomer

Florida
I finished the game this morning. This afternoon we went to the movies to see "Indiana Jones - The Crystal Skull" and when we saw the monkey scene, I laughed and laughed. Talk about synchronicity!!!! At the end of the game, I watched the credits.
Of course "Big Fish Guy" wasn't listed. I couldn't help but wonder which position he had. Does anyone know? Just curious.

Love, Teddo

none
Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon - New HOG on BigFish [Re: Rice burner] #349734
06/22/08 11:46 PM
06/22/08 11:46 PM
BFG-Guy Offline
Settled Boomer
BFG-Guy  Offline
Settled Boomer

Teddo -
You can find out here...

BFG Guy Exposed :-)

And yes...I did make it into the credits of the game!

BFG-Guy

"A New Game Every Day!" keeps boredom away.
Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon - New HOG on BigFish [Re: BFG-Guy] #349762
06/23/08 02:23 AM
06/23/08 02:23 AM
West London, UK
JennyP Offline
Adept Boomer
JennyP  Offline
Adept Boomer

West London, UK
Love the avatar BFG guy - and thanks for the exposure, very interesting.

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon - New HOG on BigFish [Re: JennyP] #349890
06/23/08 09:34 AM
06/23/08 09:34 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
thanks BFG-Guy wave

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon - New HOG on BigFish [Re: BFG-Guy] #350044
06/23/08 02:08 PM
06/23/08 02:08 PM
D
deb in buffalo Offline
Shy Boomer
deb in buffalo  Offline
Shy Boomer
D

i love all the games from BFG and i have gotten alot

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon - New HOG on BigFish [Re: deb in buffalo] #350146
06/23/08 05:18 PM
06/23/08 05:18 PM
Texas
K
karmyn Offline
Settled Boomer
karmyn  Offline
Settled Boomer
K

Texas
I will be upgrading to broadband this week and will try to download again when I get it working. If it works, I'll use my free coupon to get it. If it doesn't work, there are still plenty of games out there I can get. But I really want this one.

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon - New HOG on BigFish [Re: deb in buffalo] #350227
06/23/08 08:42 PM
06/23/08 08:42 PM
Florida
Teddo Offline
Settled Boomer
Teddo  Offline
Settled Boomer

Florida
Thanks so much for the info, BFG. WOW!!!! The story of your success is quite impressive. Let us know when your child is born. Thanks again for "coming out" and for your wonderful games. Teddo

none
Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon - Please post your opinions here (not hints though, just opinions) [Re: GPM] #350257
06/23/08 09:34 PM
06/23/08 09:34 PM
W
Whitney777 Offline
Shy Boomer
Whitney777  Offline
Shy Boomer
W

Hello!

I agree with EVERYTHING GPM said! I too reallllllly appreciate the images being available, the blue colored words and arrow(!), the graphics are great and here's a couple more things that I love ... there is NO timer, extra hint available and you can use all the hints knowing there will be a fresh supply next level, can RE-PLAY the level, you can click to your heart's content (!) and most of all ... it accepts the magnifier on my mouse! I'm getting less young and it seems that most HO games coming out now are just too TINY to see the objects, even on my 22" monitor and new video card! Normally I don't listen to the music but I've tuned in on this one and it's different - I read (and it does) sound like a real orchestra. The puzzles are fun but you don't need to be in the Mensa society to solve them nor do you need to save up a bunch of hints to solve a puzzle, since the you can keep clicking on the hint and it will take you step by step but not in words, it will solve each step for you visually (!) through the the last step of the solution - same theory as that UHS website.

As you can see, I'm only on page one of this forum, and as much as I love this game, I'm stuck! I'm outside the cave with the Boat and the campfire, found ALL the hidden objects in all 3 locations, my in my Inventory is a gas can, light bulb and bolt cutter and the only blue arrow is in the boat, but none of these work there. I have 6 hints left but not one of the 3 locations shows anything when I click hint. help??

Hidden Expedition: Amazon - Please post your opinions here (not hints though, just opinions) [Re: Whitney777] #350265
06/23/08 09:39 PM
06/23/08 09:39 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Whitney, As stated in the Title of this thread, it is for Discussion only. The thread for hints is Here. This thread is for discussion only. You can check out the walkthrough link there and if you still need help, please post on the Help thread.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Hidden Expedition: Amazon - Please post your opinions here (not hints though, just opinions) [Re: BFG-Guy] #350280
06/23/08 10:07 PM
06/23/08 10:07 PM
W
Whitney777 Offline
Shy Boomer
Whitney777  Offline
Shy Boomer
W

Originally Posted By: BFG-Guy
We have never raised prices. The cost is in making the games. Relative to that, sending postcards to our best customers is relatively inexpensive.

The postcard is what instigated me to go your website and download it! I'm a regular visitor to BFG and even though I'm automatically buying a game credit each month, Ive run out and needed to buy more ... as in this case! Normally when I get the postcard I already know about the game, but in this case I wasn't, so happy to know it's so inexpensive for you to mail those poatcards! More games like this one - in EVERY WAY! smile

so sorry! I thought I was just replying to the BFG guy about the postcard. You must be talking about my previous reply from something I saw on page 1 - so sorry I added a help issue! I'm still having trouble navigating these forums. My bad.

Last edited by BrownEyedTigre; 06/24/08 06:47 AM. Reason: Combined Stacked Posts
Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon - Please post your opinions here (not hints though, just opinions) [Re: Whitney777] #350757
06/25/08 12:42 AM
06/25/08 12:42 AM
land gal just wanna have fun
Sherryah Offline
Addicted Boomer
Sherryah  Offline
Addicted Boomer

land gal just wanna have fun
Sad to say and yet feeling a sense of accomplishment at the same time, alas the game has come to an end. What an adventure it was. Big Fish Guy please hurry and make more games following the outline you did with Amazon. I have to say this is my all time favorite hidden object game!

I thank you that we could skip the puzzles with a simple solve. I don't usually listen to the music in games or turn it down very low, because it gets on my nerves. However your music in Amazon is beautiful and I left it on the entire time, it added to the atmosphere.

It is so much fun seeing the outline of an object as well as getting the hints. My favorite part though is the interaction with the special blue objects. The cursor size and color made it easy to navigate and see.

It was also fun having a choice of which map to go to.

The storyline kept me interested the entire time. The sense of humor even though I don't know you, from reading your posts here sounds like it could have been some of your written replies. LOL

Graphics are beautiful! This in my opinion even beat Ravenhurst and that is saying alot.

This game has been fun from start to finish. I thank you also even at the end you reward us with a trophy for our hard work. I hope this wins every reward and will be a best seller.

This game is so much more than a hidden object game, most of the puzzles were fun, though I have to admit I did use the solve a few times.

The nice touch of our names at the start of the game being engraved in stone.

The length of the game was a decent size, I didn't feel ripped off because the game was too short like some other games I have played.

Everyone that had a hand in this game congratulations are in order for you. Thanks for a fun time, it took me 2 days to finish it. Thanks to Margie for that walkthrough or it would have been longer and everyone else that helped me.

I am a member of Real Arcade also but lately I have been thinking my membership is just a waste of money. BFG always comes up with new games everyday and I have been a member for 3 years or more and loved every minute of it.

In closing thank you for making your games affordable for those of us on a budget, we can buy a game everyday and not break the bank if we want.

I almost forgot my very favorite part of the game is no time limit! Now this is a relaxing game that has a right to be called casual, laid back, no stress involved. Thank you so much for that!

Last edited by Sherryah; 06/25/08 12:56 AM.
Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon - Please post your opinions here (not hints though, just opinions) [Re: Sherryah] #350808
06/25/08 06:52 AM
06/25/08 06:52 AM
Piney Woods of East Texas
joanieS Offline
Addicted Boomer
joanieS  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Piney Woods of East Texas
This game certainly takes the HOG up quite a few notches. Has everything I would want in a game except I am having trouble on some screens figuring out what I am supposed to do next to move on. Must be my advanced age since no one else seems to be having this problem. Really glad I bought this one.

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words." ...unknown
Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon - Please post your opinions here (not hints though, just opinions) [Re: joanieS] #350816
06/25/08 07:10 AM
06/25/08 07:10 AM
West London, UK
JennyP Offline
Adept Boomer
JennyP  Offline
Adept Boomer

West London, UK
I am playing it for the third time !

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon - Please post your opinions here (not hints though, just opinions) [Re: JennyP] #350844
06/25/08 08:46 AM
06/25/08 08:46 AM
new york
Dyl'smom Offline
Settled Boomer
Dyl'smom  Offline
Settled Boomer

new york
Great game, what a nice surprise.

I especially liked the puzzles they integrated both into the HOG screens as well as between scenes.

The graphics were beautiful and the journal fun to read.

I hope this is the trend in HOGs as I agree they have clearly stepped it up a notch.

Thanks Big Fish!

Dyl'smom

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon - Please post your opinions here (not hints though, just opinions) [Re: Dyl'smom] #350882
06/25/08 10:37 AM
06/25/08 10:37 AM
PA, USA
M
misa Offline
Addicted Boomer
misa  Offline
Addicted Boomer
M

PA, USA
Finished it 2 days ago! Final thoughts:

Graphics: Beautifully rendered with amazing scenery throughout. Really made you feel like you were there. Someone mentioned that some of the screens were a little dark but my take on it was that it was supposed to be that way to make it feel like you were the explorer.

Music: Top-notch! Really impressive and definitely movie-quality.

Gameplay: I thought the no-timer was excellent and that there was a way to collect more hints at each scene. I loved the interactivity in the hidden object scenes and also loved the variety of different puzzles throughout including a way to have the gave solve it for you.

Storyline: Was definitely intriguing and I have to agree with the others that the journal entries were a riot! I read every page and I normally don't do that unless it's in an adventure game where reading journal entries are crucial to the game (and even then I might not read it getting totally lost and never finishing it -- hello Darkness Within!)

I enjoyed it so much, I'm replaying it. I almost never do that with HOGs with the exception of the MCF and HE series. You have a winner here with both series, definitly!

BFG, you've really stepped everything up a notch in the genre of casual games. You were already at the top as far as quality, gameplay, etc. but now the bar has been set even higher. I can't wait to see what you have in store for us with MCF 5 and Azada 2!

Last edited by misa; 06/25/08 10:38 AM.
Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon - New HOG on BigFish [Re: NYLady] #350962
06/25/08 12:53 PM
06/25/08 12:53 PM
L
LizzieK Offline
Shy Boomer
LizzieK  Offline
Shy Boomer
L

The birth of H E Amazon

I close my eyes and imagine myself perched between the wings of a beautiful luminous electric blue beetle gliding through the tall trees of the Amazon jungle. I feel the damp warm air brush over me as we begin our search. We soar, dart and dive from tree to flower to vine. We make our way through thick jungle growth, along seldom used foot paths and down treacherously swift rivers. Along the way we pause to explore long forgotten ruins as we search for a way to save our home. We must find someone to help us bring back the health and vitality of our temple.

If we only had 1.2 million people to help us, WOW, that would be cool! I know what we can do. We can create some kind of game to lure people down here to help us. Do you think they would go for it? Let’s have a meeting of all the beetles next Tuesday in the big cavern on the third floor of the temple; you know the one with the river flowing through it. That way we can invite the fish too they’re pretty smart. And maybe a few butterflies. They are mostly just pretty faces, not much in the smarts department but maybe they could help with marketing. You know some flashy ads.

Next Tuesday …
Ok guys let’s get down to the nitty-gritty, we need a plan. What are our assets? What have we got down here in this hot steamy jungle that will bring in a lot of operating capital to spruce of the old temple. You know bring it back to its glory days. We need to get the infirmary going again too. A lot of us have been developing a really nasty cough lately.

Ok let’s throw out some ideas. How about Beetle Frenzy or a Beetle Dash. You know racing around frantically bumping into the trees and vines. Or may a Build-a-Wing, to see how fast we can put up a new addition to the west wing of the temple. There always the tried and true Glowing Gem Match for treasures and trophies. How about the classic Beetle Popper? Oh, I seem to remember tales of huge law suits due to injuries with that one.

We need something more dignified. Something that will bring in the masses. What about some kind of scavenger hunt? That was very high fashion in the nineteen thirties you know. People can run around and pick up things. Maybe we could get rid of some of the old junk in those ruins that are everywhere down here. Charge a little admission at the mouth of the Amazon River, maybe a small boat or canoe rental fee, concessions for food and gear, guide services, you know what I mean. The fee for admission would be the big ticket item. Let’s try something like $19.99 or how about $6.99. Maybe we should kick that around with the monkeys. They’re the ones with the head for numbers.

Hey, we need to come up with more that one angle. We don’t want all these people just running around down here picking up our trash. They might get bore and catch on to what we’re doing. Let’s give them something else to occupy them, to keep things exciting. Maybe a few traps they can trip into or mazes they can get lost in or some doors with trick locks or puzzles that keep them going in circles. Nothing too dangerous. Just enough to weed out the softies and keep the hard core treasure hunters coming back for more. We can throw in some local color with a few stone gods, maybe a medicine man, a tough chick goddess or queen. Hey some of the locals would jump at the chance to pick up some quick cash.

Great meeting guys! Great start! Let’s get this thing wrapped up and packaged. We’ve got to get some pros to polish up these ideas and pull them all together, maybe add a little more pizzazz to it. Nathan, one of the fish, has some connections up north. He and his school buddies are going to swim our package up the west coast. He’s got some relative up there that they call the Big Fish.

… And now we know the rest of the story.

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon - New HOG on BigFish [Re: LizzieK] #351036
06/25/08 03:31 PM
06/25/08 03:31 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
bravo misa, thanks for the quick review wave

bravo Lizzie

Very creative and a fun read puppy

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon - New HOG on BigFish [Re: looney4labs] #351142
06/25/08 07:19 PM
06/25/08 07:19 PM
PA, USA
M
misa Offline
Addicted Boomer
misa  Offline
Addicted Boomer
M

PA, USA
Lizzie, that was awesome! smile

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon - New HOG on BigFish [Re: misa] #351151
06/25/08 07:34 PM
06/25/08 07:34 PM
L
LizzieK Offline
Shy Boomer
LizzieK  Offline
Shy Boomer
L

Thank you Misa. I hope the Big Fish guy gets a chance to read it. And I hope he thinks it's funny. I think the journal in the game is so funny and quirky. Kudos to the writers!

I started my story like the beginning of the game. All beautiful and flowing in the lush jungle. Then I switched over to the quirky humor like the journal in the game. I didn't intend to do that but after writing the first paragraph. I started to picture a big fat beetle in a plaid vest with a cigar and I had to go the quirky route.

Re: Hidden Expedition: Amazon - New HOG on BigFish [Re: LizzieK] #351159
06/25/08 07:43 PM
06/25/08 07:43 PM
Nova Scotia
Flo NS Offline
Addicted Boomer
Flo NS  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Nova Scotia
Nice job Lizzie, really enjoyed reading it.

FLo

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (flotsam, Mikael), 455 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users