GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Ranch Rush #353862
07/01/08 05:09 PM
07/01/08 05:09 PM
S
Suz2 Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Suz2  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
S

I'm really enjoying this game, but I'm looking for some tips. I'm stuck on Week 8 Friday. I come no where near close to completing the objectives. Is anyone else playing?

Re: Ranch Rush [Re: Suz2] #353880
07/01/08 06:14 PM
07/01/08 06:14 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Suz, I'm sure someone will be along shortly. It's a new release so I'm not sure how many are playing yet.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Ranch Rush [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #353912
07/01/08 08:03 PM
07/01/08 08:03 PM
Kentucky, USA
acornia Offline
Addicted Boomer
acornia  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Kentucky, USA
Played the trial. About all I can say is that once meet a goal, don't bother gathering that crop or resource anymore. Also make sure you're making enough to meet that goal. If you need to get rid of something to make room, do so.

Never resist a generous impulse.
Re: Ranch Rush [Re: acornia] #354174
07/02/08 11:44 AM
07/02/08 11:44 AM
G
GPM Offline
Settled Boomer
GPM  Offline
Settled Boomer
G

Suz2, I had also gotten up to Week 8 on Friday before I crashed my game program.

I don't know if this will work (and technically, I suppose it's cheating a bit) but this was my gameplan:

Because you need so many eggs, I had two ostriches.

I only had a couple of plots devoted to corn, and that was only because you have to occasionally feed corn to the ostriches.

I had two cows. (I sold the third one I had previously to make room for the second ostrich.)

I had two sheep, and one pair of shears beside each of them.

I had eight hives, with two or three together in different and widely removed locations on the screen.

I had one toolkit beside the cheese machine. (This was held over from previous days, however, as I don't believe the cheese machine was necessary for that day).

I had one tool kit beside the ketchup machine.

I had one tool kit that was shared by the bread and jam machines, because they were close together on my little farm.

I had one well and one pile of crates. (I sold the additional pile of crates that I'd purchased earlier to free up space.)

Okay, here's where the "cheating" part comes in: I devoted an entire gameplay session to stockpiling three milk cans beside each cow, three crates of jam by the jam machine, three crates of grapes by the jam machine, three honey combs by the jam machine, three eggs by each of the ostriches, and three bales of wool by each of the sheep. (If I remember correctly, I also stockpiled three crates of ketchup beside the ketchup machine and three cheese wheels beside the cheese machine, although I don't believe they were necessary for this level.) I also made sure all my soil was in good shape and producing, no insects, dead ground, etc., and that my seed bags weren't nearly empty. I also had sprinklers strategically placed in the middle of all my plots. Money wasn't an issue, as I had something like $109,000 left after all these investments.

My plan was to give myself kind of a running start production-wise as I headed into the last two weeks, the goals for which I agree are really demanding!

My little farm was a site to behold - and I'm kicking myself that I messed up the program by allowing another program to run in the background that was incompatible with it! I didn't even take a picture of it.

I don't know if this will help, but good luck to you! And if you figure out a better strategy please keep me posted.

Re: Ranch Rush [Re: GPM] #354183
07/02/08 12:05 PM
07/02/08 12:05 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Thanks GPM! bravo

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Ranch Rush [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #354349
07/02/08 06:48 PM
07/02/08 06:48 PM
S
Suz2 Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Suz2  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
S

I almost got it this last time. I have 3 cows, 3 ostriches, 6 hives, 2 jams machines, 2 ketchup machines, 1 bread machine. I focused on milk products, eggs and bread, got all that done, but left the jam and ketchup to a little too late. I still needed 12 of each at the end. Hopefully I'll get it on the next try.

Thanks for the help.

Re: Ranch Rush [Re: Suz2] #361019
07/15/08 09:04 PM
07/15/08 09:04 PM
Pennsylvania
S
stellaluna Offline
Shy Boomer
stellaluna  Offline
Shy Boomer
S

Pennsylvania
I got so addicted to this game; I love fast TM games.

First I played through on casual level, then expert. Then I replayed casual to get the trophies I missed, then replayed expert to get the last 2 trophies.

Already I want Ranch Rush 2!

Does anyone have any pics of their favorite ranch layout? This is mine, but it could probably use tweaking!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a100/stellaluna451/RanchRush13-July-200818-41-35.jpg

(Hoping I did this link correctly...)

Re: Ranch Rush [Re: stellaluna] #361023
07/15/08 09:09 PM
07/15/08 09:09 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Wow! You are fast stella! bravo How long did it take you to finish the first time through? Great ranch btw!

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Draclvr), 189 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat, Ebalon
9389 Registered Users