GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
New Time-Management Game on BF: Go Go Gourmet: Chef of the Year #375273
08/14/08 09:22 AM
08/14/08 09:22 AM
PA, USA
M
misa Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
misa  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
M

PA, USA
Today's game for members, tomorrow's game for everyone else. This is the sequel to Go Go Gourmet.

Quote:
Ginger is a starry-eyed young chef competing for fame and glory. Join her in a plight to win the celebrated Go Go Gourmet Chef of the Year Contest. Pitted against seven of the world`s best chefs, help her saut her way into 1st place with mouthwatering recipes. Add some spice with up to 21 fashionable cooking outfits! Cook with Go Go Gourmet: Chef of the Year in a Time Management tour of seven countries.

* Hidden Object/ Time Management sequel
* Scrumptious mini games
* Help Ginger reach stardom

Bear in mind that the first Go Go Gourmet gets challenging fairly quickly. I'm not sure if they slowed the pace with this one or not but I loved the first one (played it through at least 5 times now) and I'm sure I'll love this one.

Last edited by misa; 08/14/08 09:23 AM.
Re: New Time-Management Game on BF: Go Go Gourmet: Chef of the Year [Re: misa] #375312
08/14/08 10:45 AM
08/14/08 10:45 AM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
Let us know what you think when you play it wave

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Re: New Time-Management Game on BF: Go Go Gourmet: Chef of the Year [Re: looney4labs] #375570
08/14/08 08:52 PM
08/14/08 08:52 PM
PA, USA
M
misa Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
misa  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
M

PA, USA
Okay, I bought it and played a little bit of it and I'm having fun but I did love the first one.

This one starts off as more intermediate than beginner, whereas the first one starts off as beginner and then progressively gets harder. I don't know how hard this one will get or how fast it will progress but it's nice to have a new kitchen with new recipes. smile

ETA: If you've never played the first one, start with the first one rather than this one to see if you like the pace, etc.

Last edited by misa; 08/15/08 08:20 AM.
Re: New Time-Management Game on BF: Go Go Gourmet: Chef of the Year [Re: misa] #377723
08/18/08 08:12 PM
08/18/08 08:12 PM
Pennsylvania
S
stellaluna Offline
Shy Boomer
stellaluna  Offline
Shy Boomer
S

Pennsylvania
I loved the first Go-Go Gourmet also, and immediately bought the new one.

I can't put my finger on why, but the new one doesn't seem as much fun. Maybe because I keep having to wait for the game to 'catch up'. Like I'll KNOW the next ingredient is tomato, but I can't click it yet because the list hasn't scrolled.

Also, all those extras, like the super hints and the awards are kind of distracting. I like the things like the super fast pot and oven and food processor, but the awards after each level take a lot of time.

In general, it seems easier. Things don't move around the kitchen as much, and my scores were often well above the other chefs' scores. It didn't seem as challenging.

I didn't miss the flying plates, that's for sure! That mini game hurt my eyes!

Re: New Time-Management Game on BF: Go Go Gourmet: Chef of the Year [Re: stellaluna] #377731
08/18/08 08:22 PM
08/18/08 08:22 PM
Chattanooga TN
Bitty Kitty Offline
Settled Boomer
Bitty Kitty  Offline
Settled Boomer

Chattanooga TN
I agree that having awards given out after every tournoment is very distracting. However, I thought it was very distracting to go to Farmer Jane's closet everytime you finished a level on that game as well. Maybe this is what we are going to in casual games to try and make it more fun for children and such I don't really know.

Kem

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 630 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users