GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Scrapbook Paige released! #391387
09/13/08 11:00 PM
09/13/08 11:00 PM
Illinois
A
Aisle 5 Mike Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Aisle 5 Mike  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
A

Illinois
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know that our new HOG, Scrapbook Paige, has been released. You can download it here:

www.aisle5games.com

I look forward to hearing any feedback you have about the game (good or bad). We'd like to make the next game that much better so we'd liek to know what yo liked and what you didn't like.

Enjoy!

Mike
Aisle 5 Games

Re: Scrapbook Paige released! [Re: ] #391473
09/14/08 07:41 AM
09/14/08 07:41 AM
Illinois
PhantomReader Offline
Settled Boomer
PhantomReader  Offline
Settled Boomer

Illinois
Being an avid scrapbooker...well, collector of supplies more than scrapbooking...lol...I was excited when I saw that a scrapbook HOG was being developed. I downloaded it as soon as I saw your post...You either researched scrapbooking very well, or have scrapbookers as your developers.

I've only played through the first set and designed my first page so far, but I love, love this HOG...you are spot on in the embellishments and design. Some of the items are easy to find, others a bit more difficult. The magnifying glass is great! The dreaded timer is there, but there is more than enough time, so if you are one that hates the timers, don't let that stop you from downloading this game.

I sure hope the Big Fish gets this sometime soon, as I have credits burning a hole in my pocket.

Awesome job on this game, Mike!

Re: Scrapbook Paige released! [Re: PhantomReader] #391486
09/14/08 08:44 AM
09/14/08 08:44 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Thanks Mike! I'll be sure to check this out. yay

Any chance that the timer will be made optional?

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Scrapbook Paige released! [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #391528
09/14/08 09:24 AM
09/14/08 09:24 AM
PA, USA
M
misa Offline
Addicted Boomer
misa  Offline
Addicted Boomer
M

PA, USA
Looks great!

Re: Scrapbook Paige released! [Re: misa] #392147
09/15/08 10:58 AM
09/15/08 10:58 AM
Illinois
A
Aisle 5 Mike Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Aisle 5 Mike  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
A

Illinois
Thanks for your kind comments everyone.

PhantomReader - My wife and I are both novices but have done a little scrapbooking. We did a ton of research for this game. We talked to scrapbookers and scrapbooking companies to get ideas and support. Heather had a lot of fun putting together the different page layouts and picking the embellishments to include.

Ana - We thought about making the timer optional. Is that a feature that many gamers look for? If it is an option that people like, we will probably include that feature in the next game.

Mike

Re: Scrapbook Paige released! [Re: ] #392149
09/15/08 11:00 AM
09/15/08 11:00 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Mike, the timer will lose you lots of sales that you could otherwise have, I'm afraid. For various reasons many cannot or will not play a game with a timer.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Scrapbook Paige released! [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #392512
09/15/08 10:46 PM
09/15/08 10:46 PM
Pennsylvania
S
stellaluna Offline
Shy Boomer
stellaluna  Offline
Shy Boomer
S

Pennsylvania
Well I think this is a keeper. Nice pictures with lots of visual interest, good background music. I like that there is often more than one instance of an item, and I thought the riddles were cute.

Sadly, I didn't "get" the scrapbook free-play part. I found the missing items, but couldn't figure out how to get the last star, so I just started skipping that part. Is it one particular item that will get you that star? Oh well, I know nothing about scrapbooking!

I thought the timer was pretty generous, except on the bonus round. Then it was challenging! But timers don't usually bother me. Even on the bonus round it didn't kick me back or anything if I didn't get all the items, I just got less points.

One of my biggest things about HOGs is their replay-ability, or lack thereof. The Little Shop games manage it with the Blitz mode, and beating your own scores, and trophies. This demo didn't take me far enough to know if there is another play mode after the initial one. In my opinion, having some extra gameplay with familiar scenes but different goals adds a lot of value to a game.

Re: Scrapbook Paige released! [Re: stellaluna] #392737
09/16/08 10:47 AM
09/16/08 10:47 AM
Illinois
A
Aisle 5 Mike Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Aisle 5 Mike  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
A

Illinois
Thanks Ana. You've convinced us to add a non-timed mode. We worked on it last night and should have an update posted later today for the game.

Thanks stellalune for your comments. The last star is achieved by using more scrapbooking elements, changing paper backgrounds, rotating objects, etc. We wanted to give scrapbook enthusiasts a section where they can go crazy scrapbooking and not be hinder by game rules.

Thanks for the input on replay-ability. It's hard to do for a HOG but we're going to look into the Little Shop games more and see how they implemented the things you mentioned. Thanks for the point in the right direction.

Re: Scrapbook Paige released! [Re: ] #392741
09/16/08 10:54 AM
09/16/08 10:54 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Mike, you have made many people happy by removing the timer and I guarantee you, you increased your sales. All you have to do is is search "timer" in this forum and you will see that is the biggest complaint.

I thank you for listening! praise

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Scrapbook Paige released! [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #392848
09/16/08 02:46 PM
09/16/08 02:46 PM
Illinois
A
Aisle 5 Mike Offline OP
Shy Boomer
Aisle 5 Mike  Offline OP
Shy Boomer
A

Illinois
Hi everyone. We have posted a new updated version of Scrapbook Paige on our website. If you have already downloaded the game, you will need to re-download to get the update. Reinstall the game over your existing game and you will not lose your saved data. To install over your existing game, you will have to direct the installer to the directory of the old game. Do not unistall your existing game or your saved data will be lost.

I would like to thank everyone for their advice and input. It is always welcomed.

Mike

Re: Scrapbook Paige released! [Re: ] #392866
09/16/08 03:12 PM
09/16/08 03:12 PM
Alabama
looney4labs Offline
Sonic Boomer
looney4labs  Offline
Sonic Boomer

Alabama
yay Mike bravo

I know we have many gamers who detest timers (me included) puppy

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
-Roger Caras
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Winfrey), 232 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users