GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Nancy Drew Games: Mind if I vent a little? [Re: Jenny100] #404497
10/11/08 07:05 PM
10/11/08 07:05 PM
ACUSHNET
GEES Offline
Settled Boomer
GEES  Offline
Settled Boomer

ACUSHNET
Jenney 100- I have to agree with you about the first two ND games Secrets Can Kill & Stay Tuned for Danger. They were not two of my favorites. However, I remember buying Message in a Haunted Mansion first. The others came later. I agree about many of the games being educational. I loved Scarlet Hand. I also agree that Blackmoor Manor was one of the best. I also agree that the kid was annoying. But that game had excitement and great puzzles. Haunted Carousel was a disapointment. I loved Last Train to Blue moon Canyon. My only complaint is... the arcade type puzzles and ... the stupid tasks. I played all 18 ND all the way through except for White Wolf of Icicle Creek. I have even gone back years later and played them a second time. I love the Nancy Drew games but sometimes they miss the boat. I am going out next week to purchase the new one. From what I have seen and hear so far it sounds like one of the better ones. I sure hope so. I guess everyone likes specific things in these games and it could be the makers are trying to please everyone. For the most part they are the better adventure games out there and I will continue to purchase and play them.

GEES
Re: Nancy Drew Games: Mind if I vent a little? [Re: GEES] #406553
10/15/08 06:33 PM
10/15/08 06:33 PM
deep south
8dognight Offline
Settled Boomer
8dognight  Offline
Settled Boomer

deep south
When I read a few Nancy Drew's as a girl, eons before her hard copy update, what put me off the series was how drearily good she was at everything compared to her chums. Now with the games, the chores are almost as bad but not quite. HER seems to have an agenda that includes Schlafly-esque concerns.

Last edited by 8dognight; 10/15/08 06:40 PM.
Re: Nancy Drew Games: Mind if I vent a little? [Re: 8dognight] #406860
10/16/08 12:05 PM
10/16/08 12:05 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Originally Posted By: 8dognight
When I read a few Nancy Drew's as a girl, eons before her hard copy update, what put me off the series was how drearily good she was at everything compared to her chums.

I don't remember thinking that. Did you read the newer "updated" books or the older editions? The older ones were a lot better.

Re: Nancy Drew Games: Mind if I vent a little? [Re: Jenny100] #407105
10/16/08 07:29 PM
10/16/08 07:29 PM
land gal just wanna have fun
Sherryah Offline
Addicted Boomer
Sherryah  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Personally I would like to see in N.D. more inventory based puzzles and less logic puzzles or learn how to do something puzzles. I wouldn't mind if they would give us an option to skip the puzzle if we get stuck. Thats just my opinion.

Also I am playing danger by design right now and hate fixing machines and blowing myself up trying to develop pictures. In reality I would REFUSE and say do it yourself! Making the tea really got on my nerves and finally had to look at MaG's walkthru to get past it.

Sherryah
EDIT................
I just thought of another reason I love N.D. and now the hardy boys. They haven't lost the innocence of the characters. When my kids play the games with me I know that I don't have to worry about curse words for instance. Can you picture what Nancy would do if someone told her to draw a pentagram or cast a witchcraft spell? She and the Hardy boys would run away in 7 different directions. I also know there is still morality and teaching right from wrong also.

Last edited by Sherryah; 10/16/08 07:35 PM. Reason: adding comments
Re: Nancy Drew Games: Mind if I vent a little? [Re: Sherryah] #407210
10/17/08 12:35 AM
10/17/08 12:35 AM
Berkeley, CA
O
orchgamer Offline
Settled Boomer
orchgamer  Offline
Settled Boomer
O

Berkeley, CA
I like all of the ND games because of most of the logic puzzles and while I don't mind the chores, I can understand why others have negative opinions of them. For me, the ND games sort of an easy, relaxing break from most of the more difficult games I play. My biggest issue with the games, though, is that we don't get to guess who the culprit is of each game. Because I am playing Nancy and supposed to be a detective it would be nice to actually do some sleuthing during the game an determine the culprit as part of the game.

Re: Nancy Drew Games: Mind if I vent a little? [Re: orchgamer] #407460
10/17/08 01:41 PM
10/17/08 01:41 PM
Sherryah Offline
Addicted Boomer
Sherryah  Offline
Addicted Boomer

WOW I have to agree guessing who the culprit is would be more fun.
thumbsup
yes
That is a great suggestion and hope you write gaming company and give them that suggestion. They can keep their chores and puzzles and just let me figure out who did the crime so they can do the time! rotfl

Re: Nancy Drew Games: Mind if I vent a little? [Re: Sherryah] #407661
10/17/08 10:19 PM
10/17/08 10:19 PM
Ontario Canada
S
Skippy Offline
Settled Boomer
Skippy  Offline
Settled Boomer
S

Ontario Canada
I've played most of the ND games but have only finished a few. I really don't mind the mini-games and chores. I loved diving for shells and making the necklaces in Kapu Cave. But I get hung up on the arcade type mini-games and also the endings. Running away from the culprit at the end I don't enjoy at all. I would much rather have access to more areas or rooms to explore. Haunted Mansion and Blackmoor Manor games could have been so much more interesting with more accessible areas. I didn't find the snowmobile race at the end of White Wolf enjoyable at all. Those timed races just tense me up. By the time they happen in the game I really don't want to be bothered, as I know the best of the game is done, so I rarely finish.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 551 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users