GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14
Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #428850
11/27/08 12:22 AM
11/27/08 12:22 AM
Mt Prospect, Illinois
butterflybabe Offline
Addicted Boomer
butterflybabe  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Mt Prospect, Illinois
Aargh! I was doing so well with this game on my own and now I'm stuck. I just can't figure out what to do next.

I've got the V key, wrench, rock pick hammer, damp cloth and bugle. I need the handles for the cabinets in the kitchen, need the left half of the moon and something else for the light up spot in the cemetery. I know I'm missing something but I just don't see another hot spot. duh

Life's a puzzle; one piece at a time.
Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only [Re: butterflybabe] #428863
11/27/08 02:00 AM
11/27/08 02:00 AM
Indiana
ScarletDragon Offline
Addicted Boomer
ScarletDragon  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Indiana
The moon is a necklace on the statue of Rose in the garden. You have to find the shears and a glove to get the black rose from the front porch. (Click on Rose's necklace and she will tell you she needs the flower that's her namesake.) Once you put the rose in her hands, you can take her moon necklace.

You have a whole bunch more typewriter keys to find yet BB. I still haven't found the R key and I'm way down the road. I haven't found any cabinet handles yet either but I've already released Rose and I'm zeroing in on the twin's spirits. Be sure you check each scene for different pointing arrows because sometimes there are new areas to explore up/down/right and left. Be sure you find the rust remover to open the grate when you get off the elevator because that's an important portal also. Seems like I always find the portals long before I find the inventory items needed to open them. I should have made a map because I have to wander around a lot trying to find the portals again.

The entrance to the well is behind a door that was tightly sealed (next to the telephone on the second floor of the toy store.) When I finally found the item I needed to open a door, I couldn't remember where the darn door was located. I finally "rediscovered" it - it was the closet of the girls' bedroom in the playhouse. Once you open the playhouse closet door, you will find the correct telephone number which will give you the item you need to open the door to the well. My head is spinning from trying to remember everything.

You have to carry inventory items for hours before you actually need them. The bugle chases bats out of a cave, the damp cloth eventually cleans the chalkboard in the schoolhouse. You have to score 100 points on Whack-A-Troll to get the token for the telescope.

I haven't been able to find the key to the skull lock next to the elevator. Any hints for me? How about the R typewriter key? Has anybody found a way to get to the guesthouse and the lighthouse yet? This game is incredibly "busy" with so much to remember.

NY Lady: There's no shame in waiting for a walk-thru so you can enjoy the game without stress. I'm starting to think I won't make it to the finish without a walk-thru either.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons ...
for thou art crunchy and good with ketchup.
Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only [Re: ScarletDragon] #428879
11/27/08 05:13 AM
11/27/08 05:13 AM
N
needcoffee Offline
Junior Boomer
needcoffee  Offline
Junior Boomer
N

I'm stuck help....I can't find the fourth marble...or how to do the ball puzzle in the bedroom on the door...the ball goes in but comes out...

thx

Thanks

Me
Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only [Re: needcoffee] #428904
11/27/08 06:26 AM
11/27/08 06:26 AM
Indiana
ScarletDragon Offline
Addicted Boomer
ScarletDragon  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Indiana
Whoop-de-doo! I did it! Once I discovered the trolley car it was smooth sailing. Everything fit into place quite nicely. I've worn such a path in this game, I swear I feel like it was real. I think I could find my way through Ravenhearst blindfolded.

"Slay the infidel. A pox on you AND your Queen!" Ha, buh-bye Charles.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only [Re: ScarletDragon] #428989
11/27/08 11:26 AM
11/27/08 11:26 AM
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
dorish Offline
Addicted Boomer
dorish  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Whitby, Ontario, Canada
The stategy guide is posted on www.gamezebo.com

Doreen

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only [Re: dorish] #428992
11/27/08 11:40 AM
11/27/08 11:40 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline OP
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline OP
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Thanks Dorish, I already added it to the first post.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #428997
11/27/08 11:54 AM
11/27/08 11:54 AM
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
dorish Offline
Addicted Boomer
dorish  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Whitby, Ontario, Canada
LOL I started at p 4 Sorry!

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only [Re: peekaboo] #429021
11/27/08 12:37 PM
11/27/08 12:37 PM
Vancouver Island BC Canada
menahune Offline
Settled Boomer
menahune  Offline
Settled Boomer

Vancouver Island BC Canada
Fuse Box

even though I looked at Margie's walkthru, I couldn't open the fuse box in the genearl store ... I have the old fuse

I think there's a number to be entered to open the fuse box ??? I tried the number in the cash register door, but it didn't work

hmmm ... help please

also, I tried the 'search' feature here, but no luck there

maybe this is one of my 'dumb'days

Yikes ... I found it ... I hadn't pushed the red button ... now to turn all those lights on in the phone box

Last edited by menahune; 11/27/08 01:17 PM.
Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only [Re: NYLady] #429055
11/27/08 01:41 PM
11/27/08 01:41 PM
Western New York
NYLady Offline
Addicted Boomer
NYLady  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Western New York
Help! On the left side of the Toy house there is a puzzle that I think relates to the stove. It says 500 degrees and there are some cirlces that can turn red if you click on them.... I can't figure out what we are supposed to do here? There is no skip.

Prices are going up everywhere except in our incomes.
Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only [Re: NYLady] #429099
11/27/08 03:44 PM
11/27/08 03:44 PM
Pacific NW
ChrisMM Offline
Shy Boomer
ChrisMM  Offline
Shy Boomer

Pacific NW
*sigh* Must! Close! Game! I have to go get ready for Thanksgiving--my sister will not be happy if I show up sometime tomorrow.

I'm REALLY close to the end, I'm pretty sure, ready for the big blow-off: I got all the hearts, Charles snarked and mwahahaed at me, and I got the dial/lock dealie open, but: epinephrine? Dials that only turn one notch and don't do anything? Help? Margie is having Thanksgiving, so the walkthrough isn't this far yet (and thank you to Margie--I'm impressed, you do very nice work!).

Also, if this is the end: Does the phonograph record ever do anything besides not be soothing as advertised? lol The creepy voice sounds like it's in reverse, but I couldn't find a way to un-reverse it. And the door that opens in that room--is it ever live so you can enter it? I got the bookcase to move, but the door it revealed doesn't have a hotspot to use.

Great game! I'm impressed with how they managed to add suspense without a timer and chase scenes and stuff. Also, man, some of the bits are quite shudder-worthy (that bathroom/shower--and the blinking dolls, ack!).

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only [Re: ChrisMM] #429137
11/27/08 05:57 PM
11/27/08 05:57 PM
Kentucky, USA
acornia Offline
Addicted Boomer
acornia  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Kentucky, USA
The stove is a clue for the puzzle on the side of the house. The one with a lot of circles that are clear or red as you click on them.

am stuck on the bookcase puzzles even with having seen the film.

Never resist a generous impulse.
Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only [Re: ChrisMM] #429153
11/27/08 06:36 PM
11/27/08 06:36 PM
Kentucky, USA
acornia Offline
Addicted Boomer
acornia  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Kentucky, USA
The stove is a clue for the puzzle on the side of the house. The one with a lot of circles that are clear or red as you click on them.

am stuck on the bookcase puzzles even with having seen the film.

Never resist a generous impulse.
Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only [Re: acornia] #429164
11/27/08 07:14 PM
11/27/08 07:14 PM
Delaware
MysteryFantic Offline
Settled Boomer
MysteryFantic  Offline
Settled Boomer

Delaware
New York Lady when you have the stove at the right temperature look at the pattern on top of it and use the same pattern when you open the cellar door. took me a while to figure that out.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #429177
11/27/08 07:41 PM
11/27/08 07:41 PM
Ohio
K
Kate Anne Offline
Settled Boomer
Kate Anne  Offline
Settled Boomer
K

Ohio
I am in Emma's bedroom working on the Ball Puzzle. I know how to do this puzzle but the ball just rolls over the hole and not into it. Can anyone help me on this. Thanks and hope that everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving.

Kate Anne

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added [Re: Kate Anne] #429184
11/27/08 07:51 PM
11/27/08 07:51 PM
In the Naughty Corner
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Not there yet Kate but hopefully someone will be here soon to help you.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #429188
11/27/08 08:15 PM
11/27/08 08:15 PM
Delaware
MysteryFantic Offline
Settled Boomer
MysteryFantic  Offline
Settled Boomer

Delaware
I need a picture of telephone lights puzzle I have worked on this for hours and couple days need help this tried so many ways. About ready to pull my hair out on this one.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only [Re: peekaboo] #429189
11/27/08 08:26 PM
11/27/08 08:26 PM
land gal just wanna have fun
Sherryah Offline
Addicted Boomer
Sherryah  Offline
Addicted Boomer

land gal just wanna have fun
Hi Margie, hugs and gratitude for your walkthrough. Now I am stuck trying to find the last object I need in the trunk on the porch, it is the magnifying glass. I have used the hints 4 times and clicked in the center of white circle. I still can't find the magnifying glass which according to the hint isn't it in the tree? Please can someone post a link to a screenshot or tell me exactly how to find the magnifying glass? Thanks in advance. A great game but really wish the hints would have pointed out the object instead of the big white circle. Can't have everything easy I guess.

Sherryah

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added [Re: MysteryFantic] #429190
11/27/08 08:27 PM
11/27/08 08:27 PM
In the Naughty Corner
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Mystery Fantic, Here is the photo courtesy of Margie's GameZebo walkthrough.

KateAnne, so you don't get lost, I will repost your question here:

Originally Posted By: Kate Anne
I am in Emma's bedroom working on the Ball Puzzle. I know how to do this puzzle but the ball just rolls over the hole and not into it. Can anyone help me on this. Thanks and hope that everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving.

Kate Anne

Sherryah, I'm not there yet either.

Ana wave

Last edited by BrownEyedTigre; 11/27/08 08:29 PM.

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #429203
11/27/08 08:54 PM
11/27/08 08:54 PM
KY
C
carlahelp Offline
Settled Boomer
carlahelp  Offline
Settled Boomer
C

KY
Hi, Margie.

In your walkthrough after you get the missing piece of the picture. Go back through the skeleton door and click on the male statue, search for items and get the screwdriver. When I came back through I only get an arrow and no items. Did I miss something or is this a glitch. also so far, I have had to skip two of the puzzles because I could not solve them even with your help on them. Help please and thank you.

Carlahelp

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only - Walkthrough link added [Re: carlahelp] #429213
11/27/08 09:24 PM
11/27/08 09:24 PM
Assen,The Netherlands
margaret Offline
Settled Boomer
margaret  Offline
Settled Boomer

Assen,The Netherlands
I have never found the potholder for the stovepuzzle. so I cannot do that puzzle. But I think it's not important as I have finished the game. I have read the walkthrough Margie wrote and the potholder should be found in the gingerbread house, where the dolls are sitting round the table. a hidden object game should be activated, but during the whole game nothing happened there. what a great game is this one. some puzzles are random, so not every solution can be used, but many clues are written down in the book in the corner of the game.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only [Re: Sherryah] #429218
11/27/08 09:39 PM
11/27/08 09:39 PM
Maryland
Margie Offline
Settled Boomer
Margie  Offline
Settled Boomer

Maryland
Originally Posted By: Sherryah
Hi Margie, hugs and gratitude for your walkthrough. Now I am stuck trying to find the last object I need in the trunk on the porch, it is the magnifying glass. I have used the hints 4 times and clicked in the center of white circle. I still can't find the magnifying glass which according to the hint isn't it in the tree? Please can someone post a link to a screenshot or tell me exactly how to find the magnifying glass? Thanks in advance. A great game but really wish the hints would have pointed out the object instead of the big white circle. Can't have everything easy I guess.

Sherryah

Hey here is a Screenshot of the magnifying glass Good Luck!

Hey Carla, the walkthrough cannot always be completed in the same manner that I posted it all depends on your previous steps. The items you need may be there at a later time than mine, it all depends on the order that you did things. There are many ways to complete this game,keep going and see what happens. You can also let me know what items you have in inventory and I'll see what I can do.Good Luck!

Last edited by Margie; 11/27/08 09:47 PM.

Margie B
http://www.BigFishGames.com

Strategy Guide Editor for Big Fish Games
Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only [Re: Margie] #429222
11/27/08 09:54 PM
11/27/08 09:54 PM
Indiana
ScarletDragon Offline
Addicted Boomer
ScarletDragon  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Indiana
MysteryFantic: You have to make a route through the lights so that each pathway is lit but without retracing your steps. Notice that a few of the lights have a little connector wire so that when one of them lights, so does the other. That's the key to planning your moves. I started by filling in the bottom section in a counterclockwise direction so that my final steps could make use of the connector in the top left side. Picking the first move is crucial. Since that's the route I wanted to work on, I started in the light just below the final one to complete the circuit. It gets really tricky on the right side but just learn from your mistakes which way not to go and eventually you'll get it solved. It's important to plan for the connector wire bonus on the right side to keep from getting blocked. Very good luck - this was a pretty difficult puzzle.

Kate Anne: I got frustrated with that ball puzzle too because it kept rolling over the hole, but if you plan your best moves, the ball eventually will stop at a wall right next to the hole. When you reach that point, flipping it one more time will make the ball drop in the hole.

Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only [Re: ScarletDragon] #429223
11/27/08 09:56 PM
11/27/08 09:56 PM
In the Naughty Corner
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Margie and Scarlet praise

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #429227
11/27/08 10:07 PM
11/27/08 10:07 PM
Western New York
NYLady Offline
Addicted Boomer
NYLady  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Western New York
Margie, you are an angel to have that wt up so soon to help us.
I needs lots of help.

I'm on the furnace... my degree is 500 and I followed the pattern exactly and I push the button and nothing happens.

With 500 degrees only two red circles on the outer with the 3 in the middle black... so I go outside and make the outer red and the three inner left blank. Nothing.

What do you suggest I do next... I can't move forward with the game because there is nothing else to do.

PIC 1

PIC2

Prices are going up everywhere except in our incomes.
Re: MCF: Return to Ravenhearst Hints and Help Thread Only [Re: NYLady] #429234
11/27/08 10:19 PM
11/27/08 10:19 PM
Maryland
Margie Offline
Settled Boomer
Margie  Offline
Settled Boomer

Maryland
Originally Posted By: NYLady
Margie, you are an angel to have that wt up so soon to help us.
I needs lots of help.

I'm on the furnace... my degree is 500 and I followed the pattern exactly and I push the button and nothing happens.

With 500 degrees only two red circles on the outer with the 3 in the middle black... so I go outside and make the outer red and the three inner left blank. Nothing.

What do you suggest I do next... I can't move forward with the game because there is nothing else to do.

Which button are you pushing? The one on the side of the schoolhouse? I just posted some screenshots for this puzzle in the walkthrough, can you look at the examples and tell me if that is what you're following? I don't have your specific temp but let me know and we can take it from there. Thanks

Margie B
http://www.BigFishGames.com

Strategy Guide Editor for Big Fish Games
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (oldbroad, Draclvr, mbday630, 1 invisible), 581 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users