GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Mae Q`West and the Sign of the Stars - New HOG on BigFish [Re: Teddo] #469580
03/02/09 09:23 AM
03/02/09 09:23 AM
Sacramento, CA
Sly One Offline
Addicted Boomer
Sly One  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Sacramento, CA
I like this game and will definitely be buying it once the fix is in place. I don't find the items that difficult, no more than some other games and it's different. I like everyone else am definitely hooked on the IHOGs, but they don't come around as often, so this is really a nice game to fill in the time. Thanks BFG-Guy.
Barbara

Re: Mae Q`West and the Sign of the Stars - New HOG on BigFish [Re: Sly One] #469592
03/02/09 09:58 AM
03/02/09 09:58 AM
Indiana
ScarletDragon Offline
Addicted Boomer
ScarletDragon  Offline
Addicted Boomer

Indiana
Marion, I liked the game enough that I was annoyed when I had to take a break to go to the grocery store and fix lunch. lol

The basic storyline is interesting but the dialogue is weak. I liked the minigames for a change of pace. I'm not really fond of "find the differences" and there seem to be quite a few of them in this game. The hidden objects are often extremely tiny but for me, that just makes the game more challenging. You don't have to find everything to proceed and there are ample hints.

When the demo time ran out and I bought the game, I had to restart from the beginning. After that I could quit the game after a level was complete and the game would resume from where I left. However I didn't see a "change player" option. Apparently only one person can play at a time.

Final verdict: Definitely not AWESOME or OUTSTANDING, maybe not even GREAT, but somewhere in the shady area between GREAT and GOOD. Any game that registers as high as GOOD on my quality meter warrants spending a game credit.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons ...
for thou art crunchy and good with ketchup.
Re: Mae Q`West and the Sign of the Stars - New HOG on BigFish [Re: ScarletDragon] #469621
03/02/09 11:40 AM
03/02/09 11:40 AM
near Yosemite
Marian Offline
Global Moderator
Marian  Offline
Global Moderator
Sonic Boomer

near Yosemite
Originally Posted By: ScarletDragon
Marion, I liked the game enough that I was annoyed when I had to take a break to go to the grocery store and fix lunch. lol

Hey, that's important information that should be included in all game analyses! laugh

I only played the first hour of the demo, but "good" is how I would have rated the game, as well. And, like you, "good" warrants a game credit.

It seems to me that the developers were trying to do something a little bit different here, and I give them kudos for that. I also thought that the "spot the differences," although not one of my favorites, were easier to see and more well defined than in some of the games that I have played. I also liked the word puzzles--give me a word puzzle mini-game over a mechanical puzzle any day, as I find those more enjoyable. And, even though some of the objects were hard to see, that is the case in most of the HOGS that I have played, and I found the use of color in this game much easier on my eyes overall.

So, time to sit back and wait for the release of the patched version...

Re: Mae Q`West and the Sign of the Stars - New HOG on BigFish [Re: Marian] #469825
03/02/09 04:36 PM
03/02/09 04:36 PM
BFG-Guy Offline
Settled Boomer
BFG-Guy  Offline
Settled Boomer

The patched version was pushed live on BFG an hour ago. Just uninstall/download/reinstall and you are good to go. It will even save your progress in the game (i.e. you do not have to start over).

BFG-Guy

"A New Game Every Day!" keeps boredom away.
Re: Mae Q`West and the Sign of the Stars - New HOG on BigFish [Re: BFG-Guy] #470093
03/03/09 06:05 AM
03/03/09 06:05 AM
B
BellaRosa Offline
Settled Boomer
BellaRosa  Offline
Settled Boomer
B

Ok i bought the game and enjoying it however there are still some things that make this not the perfect game that Serpent of Isis is (well to me anyway).

I am not sure how far I am through this game - but I have noticed some discrepanices such as with those Horoscope - fill in the word games- the letters sometimes fill up for the other words and sometimes they stay blank.

Still unsure what buying the horoscope thingos give me as an advantage - I will play it through then play again and perhaps then understand that part a bit better.

I like how the game is bright and the graphics clear but some items are a bit cartoony and hard to guess- no big deal - will learn playing again what they actually are meant to be- just one example sushi is nothing I imagine sushi to look like and some of the items you look for I have never heard of such as california cream or something like that! LOL

Oh well its all about learning I guess and this seems to me to be a good game - the story so far is interesting- graphics nice and bright- despite cryptic objects - and I think it is overall worth buying.

Re: Mae Q`West and the Sign of the Stars - New HOG on BigFish [Re: BellaRosa] #491023
04/19/09 03:28 PM
04/19/09 03:28 PM
southeast USA
Jenny100 Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Jenny100  Offline
GB Reviewer Glitches Moderator
Sonic Boomer

southeast USA
Has anyone finished this game and bought all the constellations?
I think there's supposed to be some sort of surprise bonus if you get all the constellations, and I'm wondering if it's worth replaying for the bonus.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (michele rose), 526 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users