GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Question- Ankh Battle of the Gods & (M.Mori+Mata Hari) #476106
03/15/09 03:08 PM
03/15/09 03:08 PM
Trenton,New Jersey,U.S.A.
Michael Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Michael  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

My first question was; Is there anywhere a person can scroll to get a comprehensive review of the recently release Ankh Battle of the Gods? I recently e-mailed gamers gate to try and determine if they had any possible knowledge of when M.Mori & Mata Hari may possibly be released. They did send a reply (thanx!). They said the developers told them they really did not know. It has been my experience with other games (like M.Mori & Mata Hari)that when a company allows you to pre-order (same as purchase-both games are paid for already) that typically the game may possibly be nearing release. Why would anyone logically commit $73.00 [both games + foreign fees] for two games that,let's say, aren't being released until January 2010 {purely hypothetical} but you get my drift? Yet, this could be the case. Who would prove or disprove it? I don't understand why they allow people to purchase both games and have no knowledge whatsoever of when they may be released? I don't believe I would be the only customer who would eventually have a strong desire to know what is going on. crazy

Michael
Re: Question- Ankh Battle of the Gods & (M.Mori+Mata Hari) [Re: Michael] #476200
03/15/09 06:50 PM
03/15/09 06:50 PM
Stony Brook, New York, USA
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Hi Michael -- there aren't reviews in English of Ankh: Battle of the Gods because it released in English only a couple of days ago.

I don't know what's happening in the situation with perfect accuracy -- but as for Memento Mori and Mata Hari -- they were listed on GamersGate as releasing before the shakeup in the industry that resulted in Lighthouse Interactive becoming insolvent (one of Anaconda's partners -- Anaconda is the original publisher of the games in German). I think everyone now, is regrouping, and that's why release dates are even more "iffy" than usual.

I think we're in a "wait and see" period, but the chances are excellent that the games will eventually release.

Last edited by Becky; 03/15/09 06:50 PM.
Re: Question- Ankh Battle of the Gods & (M.Mori+Mata Hari) [Re: Becky] #476210
03/15/09 07:23 PM
03/15/09 07:23 PM
Michael Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Michael  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Originally Posted By: Becky
Hi Michael -- there aren't reviews in English of Ankh: Battle of the Gods because it released in English only a couple of days ago.

I don't know what's happening in the situation with perfect accuracy -- but as for Memento Mori and Mata Hari -- they were listed on GamersGate as releasing before the shakeup in the industry that resulted in Lighthouse Interactive becoming insolvent (one of Anaconda's partners -- Anaconda is the original publisher of the games in German). I think everyone now, is regrouping, and that's why release dates are even more "iffy" than usual.

I think we're in a "wait and see" period, but the chances are excellent that the games will eventually release.
I thank you. I have one follow up question. Originally,y'all had placed M.Mori and Mata Hari (Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games)in the March area on gameboomers herewith. But within the last day or so you have moved it to April. Is that more of an accurate estimate of it's possible release? I'm trying to glean whether I should ask them to place the $73.00 back into my Bank account or simply wait it out until April? As morose as it sounds I am coming extremely close to 0 adventure games left to play (literally) and that is a very scary and bad place to be. woozy SORRY [Meant to say $83.00]

I have to ask one more question (sorry) I scrolled over to the Adventure Shop website and I'm scrolling around there and I notice something....It almost looks as if a person could download/purchase Still Life II now. Am I completely mistaken about this?

Last edited by BrownEyedTigre; 03/15/09 07:57 PM. Reason: combined stacked posts

Michael
Re: Question- Ankh Battle of the Gods & (M.Mori+Mata Hari) [Re: Michael] #476228
03/15/09 07:59 PM
03/15/09 07:59 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
There is no Still Life 2 on the Adventure Shop Michael.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Question- Ankh Battle of the Gods & (M.Mori+Mata Hari) [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #476233
03/15/09 08:04 PM
03/15/09 08:04 PM
Michael Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Michael  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Yes there is Screenshots (5)

Here is the link
http://us-adventureshop.gamesplanet.com/pc-games/buy-download-Pack-Still-Life---Post-Mortem.html
Game descriptionGame featuresSystem requirementsSTILL LIFE

70 year old serial killers can't be that hard to catch, can they???
Following on from the dark and bloody Post Mortem, Still Life pulls player back into dark environments and gory murders halfway between Seven and Jack the Ripper, as you try and hunt down a murderer in both the 1920's Prague and in modern day Chicago.
Everything will pull you further into the game, from the depth of the characters you'll interact with through the game to it's oppressive musical score. Even the levels and the textures have the perfect murder investigation feel, though they keep a different feel between the high-tech Chicago sections and the Prague traditional private eye style. It can definitely be said that there aren't many point and clicks out there with an atmosphere like it. Like Syberia, Still Life has a perfect balance between searching for clues and solving puzzles, and though difficult enough to fool you at times, it stays easy enough to solve, or not, as you'll no doubt find out.
There's a serial killer to catch so get that download going...

POST MORTEM - THE WHITE CASE

A stunning investigation in Paris of 1920’s.
After retiring to the quiet streets of Paris to pursue a life of painting, Gus Macpherson could not escape his true art...
The former New York detective finds himself walking the beat once again, when hired by a sensuous woman to investigate the gruesome beheadings of her sister and brother-in-law.

STILL LIFE
▪ Compelling storyline set in modern Chicago and late 1920's Prague
▪ Beautifully detailed environments
▪ Rich and intriguing characters
▪ Breath-taking cinematics
▪ Opportunity to investigate the crime scenes of gruesome serial homicides and to solve challenging puzzles finely integrated into the storyline

▪ A subjective sight (freedom of vision with 360°) will plunge you in a dark and heavy atmosphere,and will allow you to evolve in splendid Parisian decorations of the beginning of the twentieth century.
▪ A rich and nonlinear scenario: a dark investigation, full with pretences which will lead you towards one of the various outcomes of this authentic thriller.
▪ A new system of dialogues: the relevance and the way in which you will approach your discussions (chois intonation) will influence the answers obtained.
▪ Many enthralling hours of play: a multitude of indices to be unearthed, a score of protagonists to be questioned, enigmas to be solved in accurately reproduced places of Paris.

CPU: Pentium III 800MHz
Memory: 128MB RAM
Video memory: 3D Video Card 32MB RAM
HD: 2 GB
Audio: DirectX 9 compatible

Copyright©2005 Microïds.All other brands, product names and logos or trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
Adventure Shop also recommends the following games... Ceville 39.99$ More Culpa Innata : Uncut Version 19.99$ More The longest journey 9.99$ More Sinking Island 29.99$ More Overclocked: A History of Violence 29.99$ More So Blonde 39.99$ More Sherlock Holmes - The Awakened Remastered Edition 19.99$ More Dracula Origin 19.99$ More Runaway : A Road Adventure 19.99$ More A Vampyre Story 29.99$ More Customers who bought this game also bought... 29.99$ Ankh : Battle of the Gods
More 39.99$ Ceville
More 19.99$ Culpa Innata : Uncut Version
More 29.99$ A Vampyre Story
More 19.99$ Sherlock Holmes - The Awakened Remastered Edition
More 39.99$ So Blonde
More 9.99$ The longest journey
More 19.99$ Art of Murder
More 29.99$ Sinking Island
More 39.99$ 29.99$ Pack Syberia - Syberia 2
More 29.99$ 19.99$ Dracula 3 : The Path of the Dragon
More Shopping cart
Cart is empty

Exclusive !Culpa Innata : Uncut Version 19.99$ More info 
Price Drop

More info
Recently Added

Ankh : Battle of the Gods 29.99$Info
Recently Added

Simon the Sorcerer 4 : Chaos Happens 29.99$Info
How it works Buy and Download Terms Privacy policy Home 

Michael
Re: Question- Ankh Battle of the Gods & (M.Mori+Mata Hari) [Re: Michael] #476234
03/15/09 08:07 PM
03/15/09 08:07 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Correct! That is for Still Life and Post Mortem. Not Still Life 2.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Question- Ankh Battle of the Gods & (M.Mori+Mata Hari) [Re: Michael] #476236
03/15/09 08:10 PM
03/15/09 08:10 PM
Michael Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Michael  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Now I may have the wrong link...I believe this may be the correct link; http://us-microids.gamesplanet.com/pc-ga...Still-Life.html I? : Shop » All PC Games » Adventure » Post Mortem - The White Case - Still Life 
My Account
Register
Genres
Action Adventure Budget Family Historical Adventure Management Role-playing Strategy Simulation Classics Detective Horror & Thrillers Mystery Historical Sci-Fi & Fantasy Cartoon & Comedy All PC Games

Help / Support
Our brands

How it works

Post Mortem - The White Case - Still Life Adventure14.99$ Add to cart Language: English
ESRB: M - Mature 17+
File size: 2200MB
Estimated download time:
8 Mbit/s: 0h 40m
4 Mbit/s: 1h 20m
Screenshots (5)

Game descriptionGame featuresSystem requirementsSTILL LIFE

70 year old serial killers can't be that hard to catch, can they???
Following on from the dark and bloody Post Mortem, Still Life pulls player back into dark environments and gory murders halfway between Seven and Jack the Ripper, as you try and hunt down a murderer in both the 1920's Prague and in modern day Chicago.
Everything will pull you further into the game, from the depth of the characters you'll interact with through the game to it's oppressive musical score. Even the levels and the textures have the perfect murder investigation feel, though they keep a different feel between the high-tech Chicago sections and the Prague traditional private eye style. It can definitely be said that there aren't many point and clicks out there with an atmosphere like it. Like Syberia, Still Life has a perfect balance between searching for clues and solving puzzles, and though difficult enough to fool you at times, it stays easy enough to solve, or not, as you'll no doubt find out.
There's a serial killer to catch so get that download going...

A stunning investigation in Paris of 1920’s.
After retiring to the quiet streets of Paris to pursue a life of painting, Gus Macpherson could not escape his true art...
The former New York detective finds himself walking the beat once again, when hired by a sensuous woman to investigate the gruesome beheadings of her sister and brother-in-law.

STILL LIFE
▪ Compelling storyline set in modern Chicago and late 1920's Prague
▪ Beautifully detailed environments
▪ Rich and intriguing characters
▪ Breath-taking cinematics
▪ Opportunity to investigate the crime scenes of gruesome serial homicides and to solve challenging puzzles finely integrated into the storyline

▪ A subjective sight (freedom of vision with 360°) will plunge you in a dark and heavy atmosphere,and will allow you to evolve in splendid Parisian decorations of the beginning of the twentieth century.
▪ A rich and nonlinear scenario: a dark investigation, full with pretences which will lead you towards one of the various outcomes of this authentic thriller.
▪ A new system of dialogues: the relevance and the way in which you will approach your discussions (chois intonation) will influence the answers obtained.
▪ Many enthralling hours of play: a multitude of indices to be unearthed, a score of protagonists to be questioned, enigmas to be solved in accurately reproduced places of Paris.

CPU: Pentium III 800MHz
Memory: 128MB RAM
Video memory: 3D Video Card 32MB RAM
HD: 2 GB
Audio: DirectX 9 compatible

Copyright©2005 Microïds.All other brands, product names and logos or trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.

These screenshots are not from Original Still Life. I remember that much about it (long time ago)

Last edited by BrownEyedTigre; 03/15/09 08:14 PM. Reason: combined stacked posts again

Michael
Re: Question- Ankh Battle of the Gods & (M.Mori+Mata Hari) [Re: Michael] #476238
03/15/09 08:12 PM
03/15/09 08:12 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
They are both the Still Life/Post Mortem combo pack.
Please do not stack your posts. If you have more to add and no one has posted after you, use the edit button.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Question- Ankh Battle of the Gods & (M.Mori+Mata Hari) [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #476242
03/15/09 08:21 PM
03/15/09 08:21 PM
Michael Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Michael  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

I don't remember any of those screenshots from the original game. Also it wasn't called The White case. So I don't believe this is the original. I believe you are mistaken in this case.

Michael
Re: Question- Ankh Battle of the Gods & (M.Mori+Mata Hari) [Re: Michael] #476243
03/15/09 08:23 PM
03/15/09 08:23 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
I am not mistaken and I'm sorry you do not recall the screenshots in Still Life and Post Mortem.

Ana

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Question- Ankh Battle of the Gods & (M.Mori+Mata Hari) [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #476338
03/16/09 01:08 AM
03/16/09 01:08 AM
Becky Offline
The Medieval Lady
Becky  Offline
The Medieval Lady
Sonic Boomer

Michael -- I have no way of knowing exactly when Mata Hari or Memento Mori will release. The release dates on the "Recent and Upcoming Games" page are my best guesses, not certainties -- you've been an adventure gamer long enough to know that release dates often slip!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 149 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users