GAMEBOOMERS provides you with all the latest PC adventure computer games information, forum, walkthroughs, reviews and news.

GB Reviews

Latest & Upcoming Adventure Games

GB Annual Game Lists

GB Interviews

BAAGS

GB @ acebook

About Us

Walkthroughs

free games galore

Game Publishers & Developers

World of Adventure

Patches

GB @ witter

GameBoomers Store

Print Thread
Bigfish Game Toolbar gone! #495519
05/02/09 12:15 AM
05/02/09 12:15 AM
land gal just wanna have fun
Sherryah Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Sherryah  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

help I downloaded the new Samantha swift and the Golden touch from BFG. I have never had a problem with BFG before. However when I opened the game I got a script error and the box closed out. The worse thing is I went back to my toolbar and it was nothing more than a big empty blue box! It takes 3 days to get an answer from tech and my withdrawal symptoms are already starting. All the games I have played and are installed work fine if I just click on them on my desktop. However, I cannot download anything from BF because even when I try to download another game from BF the BF client bar is empty blue box.

I really don't want to un-install BFG toolbar if I don't have to because I have hundred games at least on it. To re install all those games will take alot of bandwidth and time.

I am hoping a Gameboomer has had this happen and can advise me. I know the problem started with Samantha Swift.

By un-installing the BF Game client toolbar with the list of my games, does that mean all the games from BF on my computer will also be un-installed? Has anyone found a way to just repair the toolbar?

I am desperate for an answer, please someone advise me. 3 days for tech support is more than I can bear. hardwall

EDIT.....................
I forgot to add Kaspersky Virus protection freaked when the script error came up and called it potentionally dangerous software. This is when I think the VP deleted files I needed for BFG client toolbar. Oh I hate that VP program and it is a nightmare to get rid of it.

EDIT..........................
Let me clarify better it is my BFG Game manager Toolbar not the one on the browser. I also have Vista 32 home premium

Last edited by Sherryah; 05/02/09 02:08 AM.
Re: Bigfish Game Toolbar gone! [Re: Sherryah] #495524
05/02/09 12:43 AM
05/02/09 12:43 AM
B
BellaRosa Offline
Settled Boomer
BellaRosa  Offline
Settled Boomer
B

Hi Sherryah

Are you referring to the BFG toolbar that appears in your internet browser or the actual game download manager?

Uninstalling the toolbar does not have an effect on your downloaded and installed games - there was a new one released a few days ago - is that the one you have?
If so, I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it several times without consequence.

If you mean the actual game manager- I don't know what effect that has by uninstalling and reinstalling - I cannot imagine it would hurt but have never tried it so would not like to advise on that.

Re: Bigfish Game Toolbar gone! [Re: BellaRosa] #495525
05/02/09 12:46 AM
05/02/09 12:46 AM
Sherryah Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Sherryah  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Hi Bella, thank you for trying to help me. I need to edit and explain it is the game download manager that is now a big empty blue box. It is not the one on the browser.

Last edited by Sherryah; 05/02/09 12:50 AM.
Re: Bigfish Game Toolbar gone! [Re: Sherryah] #495608
05/02/09 07:57 AM
05/02/09 07:57 AM
G
GPM Offline
Settled Boomer
GPM  Offline
Settled Boomer
G

My sincere sympathies, Sherryah! I recall having to wait 3 days once for support and I thought I would DIE!!!

What finally worked for me was to do a System Restore to a point before I downloaded the problematic game.

I hope this works for you and that ultimately you're able to get the new Samantha Swift running, since I enjoyed it immensely.

Good luck!!!

Re: Bigfish Game Toolbar gone! [Re: GPM] #495661
05/02/09 09:50 AM
05/02/09 09:50 AM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
The Sassy Admin and PR Liaison
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
YOu can delete the game manager with no problems. It will automatically reinstall itself when you download any game. You will not lose or have to reinstall any of the games.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Bigfish Game Toolbar gone! [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #495745
05/02/09 12:44 PM
05/02/09 12:44 PM
Sherryah Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Sherryah  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Sending big hug to all who responded to my plea for help. Ana, when I went to un-install the BFG client game manager in my add and remove,this is what happened. It gives me a warning are you sure you want to do this because it will disable all of your games. YIKES I don't want that to happen. Have you done this before with your BFG Game Client download manager? I have at least a hundred BF Games installed on the computer, and I don't want to lose access to them.

Also about system restore, that is my last resort I will try. I was hoping someone had this happen to them before. Why one game would trigger this is beyond me. When I click on play my games, I come up with a big blue empty box. I know something is corrupted but how and why I don't understand. Again any help would be appreciated, I have read here before where people had problems but can't find out how they fixed it. I must not be using the search on GB the right way.

Withdrawal system for new game from BFG is now setting in. Even when I try to download any game from there, big blue empty box appears.

3 days seem a lifetime for tech to get back with me. Live Chat isn't available on Saturday, when I need them the most.

Re: Bigfish Game Toolbar gone! [Re: Sherryah] #495748
05/02/09 12:48 PM
05/02/09 12:48 PM
In the Naughty Corner
BrownEyedTigre Offline
BrownEyedTigre  Offline
Sonic Boomer

In the Naughty Corner
Sherryah, after you delete the manager, download any game from BigFish. After you do that a new game manager will be installed and all your games will play.

Ana wave

Don't feed the Trolls
Re: Bigfish Game Toolbar gone! [Re: BrownEyedTigre] #495823
05/02/09 03:36 PM
05/02/09 03:36 PM
Sherryah Offline OP
Addicted Boomer
Sherryah  Offline OP
Addicted Boomer

Thank you Ana, I read this too late in a panic I did a system restore. The good part is BFG Game manager is back again! hearts yay

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  BrownEyedTigre, Marian 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 618 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Staff, Mod
Newest Members
Watcheroftheskys, Darkfallwithin, PierreLombardo, Dux, WillPowerGoat
9390 Registered Users